You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cache press crtl & F5 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 am

Candy Cottingham

Veteran
Hi Is the cache on my computer or on your site. Or on servers site.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

2 Re: Cache press crtl & F5 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:13 am

runawayhorses

Owner
Its on your browser, which your browser stores on your computer. A web cache is a mechanism for the temporary storage (caching) of web documents, such as HTML pages and images, its a way of retrieving data more quickly so your browser doesn't have to keep reloading the same thing twice which can take time. It makes pages load faster for you by caching pages. All browsers do this and are stored on your computer. Sometimes in order to see new updates to a webpage you need to clear your cache to get a fresh page so you can view the updates. It could be a background that is new on the site and you wouldn't even know it unless you cleared your cache, you'd still be viewing the old cached page with the old background that has been deleted days or weeks ago. It could be other images not just backgrounds.

Often times when you are on a website that you visit a lot and that website seems to be faster than the other sites you visit or new sites you never been to before, its because the pages to the sites you go to a lot are cached. They are not faster sites the pages are cached on your computer. If you visit the same site many times they will eventually be cached in your browser.

3 Re: Cache press crtl & F5 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:54 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Having said that, this forum server is very fast, and is indeed faster than most other sites you will visit.

4 Re: Cache press crtl & F5 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:49 am

runawayhorses

Owner
Just another reminder to refresh the forums main index page (Home) to ensure your browser is showing you the latest updates and the page is not cached. It never hurts to do that every now and then to be sure.

Press and hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard and simultaneously press the F5 key on your keyboard.

ctrl+F5

Do that on the "Home" page not this topic.

5 Re: Cache press crtl & F5 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:06 am

Candy Cottingham

Veteran
ctrl+F5

Do that on the "Home" page not this topic.

Do you mean my Home Page?

Because I cleared my Google Chrome Browing History yesterday.
I pressed ctrl + f5 on YOUR Home page and got this message below.

Request limit exceeded

It appears that your computer has made too many requests on the same page recently. Please make sure your antivirus is up to date.

If you have any questions about this message, feel free to contact the support.

6 Re: Cache press crtl & F5 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:51 am

runawayhorses

Owner
Yes I meant the forums home page.

Wow I never seen or heard of that message your received before. Did it come from your computer or this server? I don't know what that is about never seen it before.

I have been hearing however that google chrome has been having problems with some forums on this sever, but if its related or not I do not know. The ctrl + F5 is just a simple reload and clearing the cache, why it says too many requests means loading of the page. That shouldn't be happening.

I just now tried it on google chrome and had no problems at all, no message or anything it just reloaded the page as it should. It could be a problem from your end.

I have no answers or solutions other than use another browser, or change your anti-virus program to something different, like security essentials.. Rolling Eyes

Because the message said to make sure your anti virus program is updated suggests it could be related to your AVG security program. If AVG has a problem with this server its way out of line. This forum and server is squeaky clean. But it sounds more technical than anything else, like a AVG has a technical problem, which is not surprising considering how over-the-top and a system resource hog AVG is.

Edit:

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced its AVG. Consider this, AVG is using a lot of your computers resources, and as a result the message appears when you reload and clear the cache because you are telling the browser to deleted all the cached pages from the computer, and that takes some power and resources from your computer to do, and the message pops up because AVG is using too much resources. Its an alert from google chrome telling you to make sure your anti virus program is updated because it shouldn't be doing that.

The solution? Uninstall AVG.

7 Re: Cache press crtl & F5 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Candy Cottingham

Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Yes I meant the forums home page.

Wow I never seen or heard of that message your received before. Did it come from your computer or this server? I don't know what that is about never seen it before.

I have been hearing however that google chrome has been having problems with some forums on this sever, but if its related or not I do not know. The ctrl + F5 is just a simple reload and clearing the cache, why it says too many requests means loading of the page. That shouldn't be happening.

I just now tried it on google chrome and had no problems at all, no message or anything it just reloaded the page as it should. It could be a problem from your end.

I have no answers or solutions other than use another browser, or change your anti-virus program to something different, like security essentials.. Rolling Eyes

Because the message said to make sure your anti virus program is updated suggests it could be related to your AVG security program. If AVG has a problem with this server its way out of line. This forum and server is squeaky clean. But it sounds more technical than anything else, like a AVG has a technical problem, which is not surprising considering how over-the-top and a system resource hog AVG is.

Edit:

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced its AVG. Consider this, AVG is using a lot of your computers resources, and as a result the message appears when you reload and clear the cache because you are telling the browser to deleted all the cached pages from the computer, and that takes some power and resources from your computer to do, and the message pops up because AVG is using too much resources. Its an alert from google chrome telling you to make sure your anti virus program is updated because it shouldn't be doing that.

The solution? Uninstall AVG.
OK I uninstalled A.V.G. 2013 ...I had updated from File Hippo and it had a glitch.  Never again will I use another Company. You never know what they may have added. I will now always download directly.
I have downloaded again from A.V.G. All is good.
But!! What i did was change the settings for SCAN.
Now I have set it to scan once a week.
Also I set it to scan the first 100 Files. If new files are added the last ones are not scanned.
It does update in the background and also scans incoming mail. I have always used A.V.G.

Security Essentials  

Google Chrome is ok....

The A.V.G. I had was still scanning after 8 hours...I had to turn the computer off to stop it.

I have just done Ctrl f5 on your home page, so I assume it worked.

8 Re: Cache press crtl & F5 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:56 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Wow, 6 hours of scanning is way too long, something doesn't sound right about that. The average computer should take about 30 to 45 minutes for a full scan, and about 15-20 minutes for a quick scan. That's been my experience anyway, of course it varies with each computer, but 6 hours is insane.

Yeah well Security Essentials is just mild protection and is all I was looking for, it is very light on resources and a small program unlike the giant AVG. smile

9 Re: Cache press crtl & F5 Today at 12:24 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum