You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My Day on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
You guys aren't going to believe what I been thru today. My computer has been giving be trouble lately with booting up and stalling, and error messages and other things I won't bore you with. Its been a complete wreak lately and barely hanging on. My computer has been telling me a file is missing and I needed to reinstall windows XP. WEll damit I didn't have a XP disk as my computer came preinstalled with XP. But this morning I decided to take another look at my disks, and to my suprise I did indeed have a reinstall disk that came with my computer. So fisrt I started reading how to do it so I wouldn't run into any suprises, and then I began. To make a long story short it was a major pain in the ass and the hardest thing I have ever had to do with a computer. Oh codes are more difficult but I'm talking about the computer not website work. THis friggin thing took me from 8:30 this morning until right now 10:00 PM to finially complete it. The reason it took so long was because of problems. When I reinstalled XP I lost every single program and thing I had on this computer. The disk installed IE 6 and SP 2 and that is way outdated. The XP disk is 5 years old. So I could do anything. I could stay online because IE kept crashing, and my connection was messing up so I had to call my internet provider and work the problem. It was one thing after another today and I am totally brain dead and exusted. My brain actually hurts.

Well all the work was worth it I guess because my computer acts brand new. Yes my fingers are crossed.

I am on IE right now, having trouble installing firefox.

2 Re: My Day on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:14 am

runawayhorses

Owner
Well things are really working so much better, I seemed to have successfully reinstalled windows XP. I just installed firefox successfully and am running that now.

3 Re: My Day on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:36 am

SSC

Admin
Great, I would be lost as a goose with those problems

4 Re: My Day on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:51 am

runawayhorses

Owner
Pray you never have to reinstall a windows edition. There is so much more technical things I had to do that I did not mention, things like having to go into my computers BIOS and make it reboot with the CD drive first instead of loading windows first. I had to do that because in order to reinstall windows with a disk your computer can't load up windows first, it must bootup the disk before windows. So I had to google how to that and execute it just to get the reinstall disk running so I could install windows XP. That's just one small example of the hoops I had to jump thru yesterday. If I didn't know what I know about computers and how to find the right information I could have NEVER pulled it off.

5 Re: My Day on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:21 pm

SSC

Admin
Glad you got it figured out.

6 Re: My Day Today at 7:35 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum