So there we have it:
1. This clueless street debris is wandering around with no apparant job and nothing else to do but steal something. This cretin doesn't see anything suspicious about a $50,000 Lexus being left unlocked with the keys in it in a bad neighborhood. He has been told by his public education teachers he is "wonderful and clever" and he believes it.
2. He's NEVER actually owned a car,so he is unaware that newer cars must have the brake depressed before he can put in gear.
3. But he does,of course, have his "cell" and sure as hell knows how to operate THAT, so he gets another loser on the phone to help him and he starts out driving.
4. He is so inept he puts the car in "park" to stop it! Yet he will steal one anyway. Why not? He's in Californis and knows he will spend NO time in jail. The prisons are so overcrowdwd, they won't have room for him. To him, the idea that this car may actually be someone's property that they worked and paid for involves concepts (work,legal possession) he knows nothing about. He's never tried those things.
5. At his arrest, he actually thinks he is on a TV show, "Punked", and thinks he is about to have his "15 minutes of fame".He is cheerful (until he is told he is under arrest for a felony). "What did I do?" he asks.
And so we have the incredible stupidity that is our modern educational and judicial systems. Empty headed young people wandering the streets,unemployable due to criminal records, head tatoos or piercings, and obvious ignorance, looking for something to do. Except work, naturally. They have $100 sneaks and cell phones of course and many will be HS grads. And their "GF's" will be underage, pregnant, dependant on an EBT card, and as a minority, certain that she is being oppressed by an uncaring country. They know that because that is what they are told 24/7/365 by their parents,the media, and their teachers. They are also, shudder, our future.