You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SSC

Admin

Cardinals Manager Says Team Never Got White House Call After Series Win

Published November 05, 2011
| FoxNews.com

AP

Oct. 31, 2011: Retiring St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa speaks at a news conference at Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
Winning the World Series just wasn't enough.

The retired manager of the St. Louis Cardinals told a local radio station that his team never got the traditional phone call from the White House after their 6-2 Series win over the Texas Rangers last week.

Tony La Russa told CBS affiliate KMOX that amid the celebration last week, "We never did get a call."

He recalled that the White House had called earlier to make sure they had the "correct number" for his office before the World Series began.

But amid the European debt crisis and a sustained push at home over job creation, President Obama apparently never picked up the phone.

Obama is hardly averse to calling and hosting sports teams from time to time. He hosted the San Francisco Giants, last year's World Series winners, over the summer. In September, he even invited the Chicago Bears team that won the Super Bowl more than 25 years ago -- he was making up for a missed visit, since the 1986 explosion of the space shuttle Challenger got in the way of any White House recognition for the Bears at the time. The Bears are also Obama's home team.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/05/cardinals-manager-says-team-never-got-white-house-call-after-series-win/?test=latestnews#ixzz1cw5ln3jp

runawayhorses

Owner
Oh poor pity poo, Cardinals didn't get a phone call from the president..

How dare Obama ignore the Cardinals and not congratulate them on their victory! That is totally outrageous and uncalled for. Part of his job is to make those kinds of phone calls. I don't care if North Korea is about to invade the US he needs to make those calls to congratulate sporting teams. Its important.

SSC

Admin
He probably couldn't get off the golf course..Cardinals fans vote too. He can't afford to piss off anyone right now..

runawayhorses wrote:Oh poor pity poo, Cardinals didn't get a phone call from the president..

How dare Obama ignore the Cardinals and not congratulate them on their victory! That is totally outrageous and uncalled for. Part of his job is to make those kinds of phone calls. I don't care if North Korea is about to invade the US he needs to make those calls to congratulate sporting teams. Its important.
As ya'll know, I hate sports, but I read everything you guys post. That's MY sport. Anyhoo, Tyler, I'm lost. In yer 1st line, you seem to be poo-pooing the Cardinals for complaining but in yer following lines,you seem to say they should be complaining.

runawayhorses

Owner
meemoon wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:Oh poor pity poo, Cardinals didn't get a phone call from the president..

As ya'll know, I hate sports, but I read everything you guys post. That's MY sport. Anyhoo, Tyler, I'm lost. In yer 1st line, you seem to be poo-pooing the Cardinals for complaining but in yer following lines,you seem to say they should be complaining.
No I was being sarcastic, I think the Cardinals are behaving like babies because Obama didn't call them. However I understand they would go public about it. My point is I think the president has more pressing issues to contend with besides calling the Cardinals to wish them congratulations. Yes its a nice gesture but unrealistic in some cases. I think its baby talk from the Cardinals. So in this instance I am supporting Obama for not calling the Cardinals.

SSC

Admin
Now that it has been made public watch him jump..if for no other reason than a PR event to try and smooth things over. Every president has congratulated World Series and Super Bowl winners.

runawayhorses

Owner
SSC wrote:Now that it has been made public watch him jump..if for no other reason than a PR event to try and smooth things over. Every president has congratulated World Series and Super Bowl winners.
Yes I'm sure they have. Thats what presidents do. Its part of there PR. What a wonderful job a president has. He has to act like everything is fine and make these phoney calls to people like he cares (teams..etc} that are not really what he wants to think about, or care about and act like everything is OK. The center of the world is on the Cardinals win is what he has to focus on for a short period of time.. But Its his job to make people feel fuzzy and good inside so he makes the call to give people the illusion everything is right in the world. A cover to show the American public he thinks sports is important and its the American way. Yes I agree it is, but lets not kid ourselves, we have more troubles than worrying about if the president calls to congratulate a sporting team. Its all bullshit. This is what is wrong with this country, too much stage and acting and not enough reality. All politicians do it. They are all bullshitters. All they care about is getting voted in. Period. They don't care about you.

You might think Republicans are the right path or you might think the Democrats are the right path to go. I think it doesn't matter at all because they all achieve the same results. They are all in it for the same reasons. And that is to make money and gain power. "The American Way"

So if he didn't call the Cardinals I can understand that, I don't think I would either.

And that's my view..

"I am supporting Obama for not calling the Cardinals."

Agreed. I would never call them.

runawayhorses

Owner
meemoon wrote:"I am supporting Obama for not calling the Cardinals."

Agreed. I would never call them.
So that's the only point you agree with me on? That's fine.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum