You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Your Facebook comments on Google search? on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm

SSC


Admin
Your Facebook comments on Google search?
The change in the search engine stems from Google's new technology GoogleBot.

Google to make changes to search engine

2:03 p.m. EDT, November 4, 2011
Google announced it will soon use comments on Facebook as part of their search results.

Comments on Facebook and other social networking sites were unavailable on Google search because the search engine was unable to automatically read Facebook’s programming.

Online Media Industry
Technology Still, the search engine cannot find users’ comments posted on private pages within Facebook.

However, if you have used Facebook to comment on a third-party website, your comments can be searched on Google.

The change in the search engine stems from Google’s new technology GoogleBot. GoogleBot was created to find content that was once loaded in programming scripts like AJAX and JavaScript.

The website Webmonkey said Google web developers are concerned about the changes, aware the changes could upset the public once their potentially embarrassing, private comments are available through Google’s revamped search engine.



2 Re: Your Facebook comments on Google search? on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:11 pm

runawayhorses


Owner
You'd be amazed at how many sites comments will show on Google search from forums to Facebook. I'm happy to announce this site is private and no messages will show on Google search. Facebook doesn't surprise me there members messages show on a Google search. They have so many holes in there security its ridiculous. That's just one of the reasons I don't have a facebook account.

3 Re: Your Facebook comments on Google search? on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Guest


Guest
runawayhorses wrote:You'd be amazed at how many sites comments will show on Google search from forums to Facebook. I'm happy to announce this site is private and no messages will show on Google search. Facebook doesn't surprise me there members messages show on a Google search. They have so many holes in there security its ridiculous. That's just one of the reasons I don't have a facebook account.
Good thinking. I was enveigled to open a Facebook account and did so. I know that many use it to communicate within a social and/or family group. But it doesn't interest me what other people are doing on a daily basis. I personally know of a couple of people (none that ya'll know) who may have a serious problem with Google access. I have seen my comments at IYT on Google and my answers at Yahooanswers.com. No prob.

4 Re: Your Facebook comments on Google search? on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 pm

runawayhorses


Owner
What kind of questions do you answer at Yahooanswers.com?

5 Re: Your Facebook comments on Google search? on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Guest


Guest
runawayhorses wrote:What kind of questions do you answer at Yahooanswers.com?
There are 28 categories with several sub-categories each. I just about always chose "Homework Help" which covered mostly high school subjects such as math, physics, science, etc. You may choose "Computers and Internet". There is a point system and it is a lotta fun when you solve problems.

6 Re: Your Facebook comments on Google search? on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:36 pm

runawayhorses


Owner
Sounds cool I'll look into it. Yes the "Computers and Internet" would be my choice. I have answered questions on computer forums before and I stuck to answering the "Page Building and Internet" questions. Building websites and code questions. Its fun to help people.

I'll check it out.

7 Re: Your Facebook comments on Google search? on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Guest


Guest
runawayhorses wrote:Sounds cool I'll look into it. Yes the "Computers and Internet" would be my choice. I have answered questions on computer forums before and I stuck to answering the "Page Building and Internet" questions. Building websites and code questions. Its fun to help people.

I'll check it out.
I will admit to a certain amount of ego indulgence. Out of my last 100 answers, 95 were voted as "best answer" by the person who asked the question or the community as a whole.. It's all public.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum