You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

rosco 357


Veteran
http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9PR0MNG1%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1018
my words, first there are more pages if u care to do the url that i did not read i think 9 pages, but if u read the last sentence on this first page is why republicans will win in elections, i frankly was surprised at what i read,


At a food pantry in a Chicago suburb, a 38-year-old mother of two breaks into tears.

She and her husband have been out of work for nearly two years. Their house and car are gone. So is their foothold in the middle class and, at times, their self-esteem.

"It's like there is no way out," says Kris Fallon.

She is trapped like so many others, destitute in the midst of America's abundance. Last week, the Census Bureau released new figures showing that nearly one in six Americans lives in poverty a record 46.2 million people. The poverty rate, pegged at 15.1 percent, is the highest of any major industrialized nation, and many experts believe it could get worse before it abates.

The numbers are daunting but they also can seem abstract and numbing without names and faces.

Associated Press reporters around the country went looking for the people behind the numbers. They were not hard to find.

There's Tim Cordova, laid off from his job as a manager at a McDonald's in New Mexico, and now living with his wife at a homeless shelter after a stretch where they slept in their Ford Focus.

There's Bill Ricker, a 74-year-old former repairman and pastor whose home is a dilapidated trailer in rural Maine. He scrapes by with a monthly $1,003 Social Security check. His ex-wife also is hard up; he lets her live in the other end of his trailer.

There's Brandi Wells, a single mom in West Virginia, struggling to find a job and care for her 10-month-old son. "I didn't realize that it could go so bad so fast," she says.

Some were outraged by the statistics. Marian Wright Edelman of the Children's Defense Fund called the surging child poverty rate "a national disgrace." Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., cited evidence that poverty shortens life spans, calling it "a death sentence for tens and tens of thousands of our people."

Overall, though, the figures seemed to be greeted with resignation, and political leaders in Washington pressed ahead with efforts to cut federal spending. The Pew Research Center said its recent polling shows that a majority of Americans for the first time in 15 years of being surveyed on the question oppose more government spending to help the poor.

gypsy


Moderator
Caused by the Republicans.pure and simple//again trickle down wealth does not work, neither does a party,who will not work to improve this sad state the country is in,because they are so hell bent on getting Obama out,I don't know where this article came from but i am sure it is from the right~~ supporters! OBAMA! DEMOCRATS @)!@2012By the way I like Bernie Snaders, and he does not like what the republicans are doing, he is independent, wish there were more like him
!!

gypsy


Moderator
ps Republicans are big Government,that is what got us in trouble,deregulation's,wars,pandering to the wealthy/wall street, and big banks

rosco 357


Veteran
gypsy wrote:Caused by the Republicans.pure and simple//again trickle down wealth does not work, neither does a party,who will not work to improve this sad state the country is in,because they are so hell bent on getting Obama out,I don't know where this article came from but i am sure it is from the right~~ supporters! OBAMA! DEMOCRATS @)!@2012


well if u had clicked the url u could have seen where it came from, i will paste it, but it was on my charter cable news welcome page, hear is the source By DAVID CRARY AP National Writer The Associated Press
Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:03 PM EDT one reason the republicans oppose more spending is because of the last sentence, for the first time in 15 years the majority of americans oppose more spending on the poor so the republicans want to be reelected and vote the way the majority of americans support,, we just cant keep spending us into a deeper hole or we all will go down, into a depression, im for raising taxes on the wealthy but it is not going to happen, for atleast 5 more years, i know if an news article is not the way u believe u just call it a lie, but ur wrong, this is how it is in american, thats why republicans will sweep in 2012,, wait and watch,

gypsy


Moderator
the majority does not oppose, this article is no proof that they do,I have been working, on the phone and door to door,the poor do not support republicans, neither do the Latino's or Hispanics//none do!even your middle class are against the republican policies! I clicked on the link,this is just another untrue theory
!! sorrythe republicans did more spending/ and if they are elected they will take us back to bush taxes where the wealthy get a free ride/your a smart guy Rosco,you still puT articles like this even though you want Obama to win!! Jeeze??of course the pugs do not want to give credit to Obama, so they will wait for 14 months and hope he is not relected and then they will start their same old same old

gypsy


Moderator
Also!! if you watch the news,with what the republicans are trying to do, your session,mconell,ryan cantor,and more pugs is take away social security,and medicare,,do you know my heart surgery was 60thousand plus!! if thank God we did not have union ,medicare we would not be able to pay this//this is what the repugs want to do away with? UNIONS/MEDICARE/-- that means good bye middle class, hello more poverty,they have been trying to do this since Reaganomics,and you put articles like this to try to prove a point that America will vote Republican! I will work my ass off and pray that doesn't happen, te has never been a republican as president,or house that has supported the People since Lincoln
Koch! SOB"S) >>union busters, down with middle class, because they are who vote Democrat!

gypsy


Moderator
I know,I am jabbering!! LOL
then if they do repugs!! /and rich take over then what is your theory?or do you have one? seems like I was accused of just copying and pasting/and not verbalizing umm! is it catching..if I support something.or someone being elected I do not search for negative theories hoping to prove my?,we should voice!

gypsy


Moderator
Rosco do you really believe the majority of Americans want to vote repub? Do you?

runawayhorses


Owner
gypsy wrote:Rosco do you really believe the majority of Americans want to vote repub? Do you?
Well I think rosco has stated that he does already. And I agree with that. Obama is a Democrat and people want change. A Republican will win the next presidential election. It doesn't matter what you do your state will go Republican. Now I sound like a broken record.. lmao

gypsy


Moderator
Then I have not seen that! but we will see,,people want people to fix this problem/that repugs caused/history proves it!! just keep dreaming, even though you and rosco don't want the pugs to succeed/remember the Democrats are on your side.then why do you go the reverse! I don't understand that logic?? Oh I forgot,dramatic?show time?bust Gypsy!! LOLis that male chauvinist?

runawayhorses


Owner
Yes there is a element of "showtime" involved in my posts. I've always been that way because I am a entertainer at heart. I am interesting because of it. Yes that is show business. On the other hand I am speaking the truth on this. I seriously believe Republicans will win. Your state will go Republican. I am a realist you are not. I say what I "Think" will happen not what I want to happen. Yes I want Obama to win since Jeb Bush is not running. But I'm a realist and say what I think will happen not what I want. You do the exact opposite. Regardless of the facts you continue to say Obama will be reelected. Thats the difference. I say what I think will happen you say what you want to happen.

gypsy


Moderator
haha the stupid part of Kentucky,yes but the smart part will kick in
/you know what is funny.I took all y'all comments serious !! WRONG!! it is WRONG!!
we cannot determine any outlooks~!! Go Obama! GO Democrats//build this country back to working!! Tyler you don't make sense? you want Obama to win/but you think not?? then who! ?

gypsy


Moderator
Rosco! who is the Power?

runawayhorses


Owner
We can logically determine the outcome from the stats and ratings. It is obvious Obama will lose next election. I am facing that reality you are not. You think its going to make a difference what you post on this forum?? Its not. Not enough people read it. This forum is where you say what you think. Its not a political platform where you try and promote your party. That is ridiculous. This is a small forum and no one reads it but the registered members. No political politicians are here reading what you say. lol

gypsy


Moderator
runawayhorses wrote:We can logically determine the outcome from the stats and ratings. It is obvious Obama will lose next election. I am facing that reality you are not. You think its going to make a difference what you post on this forum?? Its not. Not enough people read it. This forum is where you say what you think. Its not a political platform where you try and promote your party. That is ridiculous. This is a small forum and no one reads it but the registered members. No political politicians are here reading what you say. lol
Who cares on reading it//I support
Obama,I do not support Republicans,I don't really care if there are no political people /here,I will continually state,.if you and Rosco support republicans with your antics then people hurt/even if Rosco says he doesn't, then why the bad/negetive urls/postsd?? because ??

runawayhorses


Owner
gypsy wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:We can logically determine the outcome from the stats and ratings. It is obvious Obama will lose next election. I am facing that reality you are not. You think its going to make a difference what you post on this forum?? Its not. Not enough people read it. This forum is where you say what you think. Its not a political platform where you try and promote your party. That is ridiculous. This is a small forum and no one reads it but the registered members. No political politicians are here reading what you say. lol
Who cares on reading it//I support
Obama,I do not support Republicans,I don't really care if there are no political people /here,I will continually state,.if you and Rosco support republicans with your antics then people hurt/even if Rosco says he doesn't, then why the bad/negetive urls/postsd?? because ??
Who ever said we supported Republicans? We are only facing what we think we be the inevitable outcome of the next election. We have gone out of our way to say we would like to see Obama as president again. WE are just facing facts that we don't think that will happen.

gypsy


Moderator

OMG look at your posts//your negativity all the way against,Obama/Democrats!! Why?

gypsy


Moderator
if you want dramatics? Why for repugs? LOL

runawayhorses


Owner
Good grief, there is no reasoning with you.

gypsy


Moderator
Democrats//for the people!!

rosco 357


Veteran
gypsy wrote:Rosco do you really believe the majority of Americans want to vote repub? Do you?

i believe yes the majority of americans will vote republican,in the next election, u say i support them i dont, posting here what i think will happen is not supporting them, because as tyler said only we read it, im stating what i think will happen, from all i see, and as to what i posted that u say is not so, i will post the last part, again
"Overall, though, the figures seemed to be greeted with resignation, and political leaders in Washington pressed ahead with efforts to cut federal spending. The Pew Research Center said its recent polling shows that a majority of Americans for the first time in 15 years of being surveyed on the question oppose more government spending to help the poor."

NOW i was not hunting anything i went on my cable main page, and this was the leading story, on the welcome screen, the pew research center is a well respected in polling,

one thing, u are wrong on the democrates are for big government, they want the government to spend on all kinds of programs, the republicans want the private sector to handle things, and u said big banks, well it was after the first bail out , it was obama that when he had the majority in the house before 2010 that he did the bank bail out, not all of it was bad , many paid it back and with interest. the republicans have always as long as i can remember accused the democrates of tax and spend policys, NOW< i posted a well respected associated press, article, which is about the most respected new organization in america , they i think require more than one source of info to post a news article, but everyone knows the AP is old and well respected on being correct, and the pew polling is a well respected organization, but if u are going to call them all lies, this will be my last political post, i agree on what u say the republicans want, and how they will vote, thats simple, but u dont see is the american ppl, believe that way also, and will vote the dems out, i will not post another political post here, its just use 3 mainly that read it. and posting news articles does not mean that is how i feel, its how the majority of american feels, i hope im wrong, but in 2012 i dont think i will be, im only trying to be realistic.. and ur state will not elect obama, and conservative or not everyone in american has the right to an opinion in how they vote . i just see a different vote than u do, but i will vote the way u do., posting article does not mean i support the article, it was just there and a reliable source, ,. but this is my last post on the election, as tyler said the continued posting of the same thing here is just us reading it and it accomplishes nothing as far as changing opinions in the country..

runawayhorses


Owner
Sorry to rain on anyone's expectations but this forum is not as big as CNN's forum is. It simply doesn't have the audience. Comparatively speaking we are small. I thought that was an obvious given. Yes this forum is big and great and I think technically superior to most but it simply doesn't and never will have the readers major News forums have, Its a private forum. What else can I say.

rosco 357


Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Sorry to rain on anyone's expectations but this forum is not as big as CNN's forum is. It simply doesn't have the audience. Comparatively speaking we are small. I thought that was an obvious given. Yes this forum is big and great and I think technically superior to most but it simply doesn't and never will have the readers major News forums have, Its a private forum. What else can I say.

it is a given but we appreciate the effort u put into the forum, its nice and i enjoy it, u had already said what i said, about, we cant change ppls minds in american here, but that does not diminish the enjoyment of posting here and the nice way you have the sight set up, thanks for all u do tyler,,,

runawayhorses


Owner
Thank you rosco. I enjoy it here too and all that post here I am appreciative of. I love you all.

gypsy


Moderator
Well y'all'' keep saying facts!,I have seen none just an article someone wrote~ is not fact,the real facts will happen November 2012,whichever way it goes we are all speculating, at least I am loyal to what I believe, and what is best for the People and country,I will never copy and paste anything negative when it concerns my belief ,I figure most would be that way you say one thing but argue the contrary,I don't think that is a realist!I do believe I remember the same ""realist" saying Obama wouldn't win the first time!!

Tyler, I also appreciate this forum, thank you for all your work.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum