You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Fox on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:32 am

gypsy


Moderator
In big trouble~~ I knew it was just a matter of time.. Lock murdoch up and throw away the key~~ Shut the non news far right pugs station faux down!!

2 Re: Fox on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:26 am

runawayhorses


Owner
I don't understand, what part of Fox is shutdown? The website, TV station or radio..etc? First I heard of this. The website is still up I know that much and fox tv station is working, so I don't understand what is shutdown.

3 Re: Fox on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:50 pm

gypsy


Moderator
in England his news and public news station has been shut down and all documents where he and his company hacked into prime minister phone, and other things now the Unite States has found similar things hacking 9/11 victims, and even the dead,he is one piece of shit!
murdoch and fox,tv has lost lots of revenue! from this scandal. they are certain to be investigated here in the States.


http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=rupert+murdoch+scandel&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-news/uk-refers-murdochs-bskyb-bid-to-competition-watchdog/article2093093/&rct=j&sa=X&ei=hW0cTuStGsnW0QHXkr2zBw&ved=0CDYQpwIwAA&q=rupert+murdoch+scandel&usg=AFQjCNGC2D4wsFCf0kWjc5orNklDNbsHxw&cad=rja

4 Re: Fox on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:44 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
i have not followed this, i think i saw his pic on tv, but did not hear anything, but i doubt, or guarantee fox will not be shut down, lol

5 Re: Fox on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:48 pm

gypsy


Moderator
they have shut down his newspaper in England and the stock people are very worried that he will be shut down in US, and could be criminal charges against him is Son and a woman who works for them~ I hope it is shut down and the evil scum goes to prison!! it would be so hilarious!AND IRONIC` ALL THE LIES TOLD ON FOX COMES HOME TO HAUNT THEM!! GLORY BE!

6 Re: Fox on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:13 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
i saw a very short piece on cnn that is was one of Murdocks news papers, so the tv stations were not involved i guess,,, anyway, got to run, very hot, here, i dread work, we have heat alerts in most counties,

7 rupert could lose his fcc license on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:26 pm

gypsy


Moderator
here in the States

The News Of The World Scandal Could Cost Rupert Murdoch His FCC ...
www.politicususa.com/en/murdoch-fcc - Cached
Jul 10, 2011 – Steve Brill said, “There is an issue here in the United States… ... destroy Fox News, but it will definitely put them under more scrutiny. .... questions over whether the metastasizing scandal could jeopardize the Aussie ..

I love it when the foxers,
get foxed, and a plan comes together..

8 Re: Fox on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:53 pm

runawayhorses


Owner
Rupert Murdoch might get fined and his show "shut down", but not Fox news. They will survive. So look forward to more fine news programing from Fox news, they ain't going away. Howard Stern in radio has had lawsuits with the FFC before and hes still around, making more money now on satelight radio than he ever made in his career. Its show biz, just like Rupert Murdoch is in. Its a great big ratings race.

9 Re: Fox on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:11 pm

gypsy


Moderator
well ,if they stay on air, I won't be watching, and he is losing lots of people who did watch it~~ to fool with peoples private life, especially 9/11 victims and families, should be punished! I am just so glad he got caught breaking the rules, because he has been breaking them for a long time.
I despise him and all the foxers who work for him~ps it was never fine, and still isn't! fox is scum!also those who watch fox and believe that trash or scum also!

10 Re: Fox on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:48 pm

runawayhorses


Owner
gypsy wrote:well ,if they stay on air, I won't be watching, and he is losing lots of people who did watch it~~ to fool with peoples private life, especially 9/11 victims and families, should be punished! I am just so glad he got caught breaking the rules, because he has been breaking them for a long time.
I despise him and all the foxers who work for him~ps it was never fine, and still isn't! fox is scum!also those who watch fox and believe that trash or scum also!
Wow, such anger and language.

People who enjoy Fox programming are the general public. You can despise people all you want, but it doesn't change the fact this is a country that has many views on issues. Its a democracy. If people don't agree with you and they enjoy Foxes programming they are not automatically fools. They like the Fox shows. They may not all agree with the shows but they are still being entertained. That produces good ratings. That's the name of the game. The shows are not a public service announcements. They are designed and produced to entertain.

The simple fact you are upset with Rupert Murdoch is proof the ratings are good. If you take notice you are helping there ratings. Anything you say helps at this stage of there success. You have took notice so you are helping Fox.

Some people will want to know what all this fuss is about with Fox News and that will cause there ratings to go up because of the new viewers. Ever hear the phrase "Bad Publicity is Good Publicity" ? You are falling right into Foxes hands. I'm sure they might thank you if they knew you helped give them publicity. You are putting money in there pockets.

If you really wanted to hurt Fox News you wouldn't watch there shows or recognize them in anyway.

11 Re: Fox on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:21 pm

gypsy


Moderator
Well it is not news it is lies. and I don't watch it, at first I did to see what I had read about the organization was true, and yep it was true, the are a den of liars, over 80% of their opinions have been proven as lies,I put a long list on here a couple years ago~ lol
everywhere I go if fox is on I ask if they would please turn the channel, only one didn't that was capt D's so I don't buy from them, I also boycott all the koch products made by those slime balls.and the advertisers that support fox~~

12 Re: Fox on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:59 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:
gypsy wrote:well ,if they stay on air, I won't be watching, and he is losing lots of people who did watch it~~ to fool with peoples private life, especially 9/11 victims and families, should be punished! I am just so glad he got caught breaking the rules, because he has been breaking them for a long time.
I despise him and all the foxers who work for him~ps it was never fine, and still isn't! fox is scum!also those who watch fox and believe that trash or scum also!
Wow, such anger and language.

People who enjoy Fox programming are the general public. You can despise people all you want, but it doesn't change the fact this is a country that has many views on issues. Its a democracy. If people don't agree with you and they enjoy Foxes programming they are not automatically fools. They like the Fox shows. They may not all agree with the shows but they are still being entertained. That produces good ratings. That's the name of the game. The shows are not a public service announcements. They are designed and produced to entertain.

The simple fact you are upset with Rupert Murdoch is proof the ratings are good. If you take notice you are helping there ratings. Anything you say helps at this stage of there success. You have took notice so you are helping Fox.

Some people will want to know what all this fuss is about with Fox News and that will cause there ratings to go up because of the new viewers. Ever hear the phrase "Bad Publicity is Good Publicity" ? You are falling right into Foxes hands. I'm sure they might thank you if they knew you helped give them publicity. You are putting money in there pockets.

If you really wanted to hurt Fox News you wouldn't watch there shows or recognize them in anyway.

i agree with tyler totally, and to say the ppl that watch fox and believe it is scum is a bit over the top. it has the top ratings, just like the factor is the number one show, the bill orielly show, im not home much when the night shows are on but i use to watch them, i like oreilly, he has guest usually from both side, but i dont like the hannity show, but its just tv. ppl can watch or not, but its not going anywhere,

13 Re: Fox on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:47 pm

gypsy


Moderator
we will see, won"t we:

14 Re: Fox on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:19 am

rosco 357


Veteran
gypsy wrote:we will see, won"t we:

its not a big deal, fox new and all the shows, will be as popular as ever,, thats why its the number one news network im pretty sure,

15 Re: Fox on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:13 am

gypsy


Moderator
the point is>>it is not news!it is entertainment for dummies LOL

16 Re: Fox on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:09 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
gypsy wrote:the point is>>it is not news!it is entertainment for dummies LOL

it has news shows, but lots of entertainment show, sure entertainment show, just what they are, they entertain and they are top shows on tv, and i dont think its dummies watching them, some ppl may watch and not agree with the entrainment show are about on a given day..but they have top rating, so fox is doing something right. but i watch cnn, i would watch oreilly if i was not working maybe, but i will not post on this topic again, this basically has been said before about the news end and entertainment shows on fox,, take care

17 Re: Fox on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:17 pm

gypsy


Moderator
good !as I said very little is news like 10% that is a fact. then it is denounced with lies and opinions for the pugs,it is entertainment for dummies, and oreily is just as bad as all the other like beck hannity~ I read alot about them all.
rupert may lose his fcc license~ won't that be a hoot!
more senators and reps are calling for FBI investigation on fox,and rupert also on ailes

18 Re: Fox on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:23 pm

runawayhorses


Owner
Its all fact and no one is lying. The shows are hosted by entertainers that have "opinions". There guests have opinions too. No one is lying. And that is MY opinion. :)

I agree with rosco as my previous posts give testimony to.

19 Re: Fox on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:35 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
i would be surprised if this is even in the news in a few day, and i agree with tyler , i said i would not post on this again so this will probably be my last post, fox has got alot of coverage here so i think most all opinions have been expressed, take care,

20 Re: Fox on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:45 pm

gypsy


Moderator
my sentiments are different, but that is ok~ too.
if you haven't been following the news story how can you respond?or know anything about it?

21 Re: Fox on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:44 pm

gypsy


Moderator
runawayhorses wrote:Its all fact and no one is lying. The shows are hosted by entertainers that have "opinions". There guests have opinions too. No one is lying. And that is MY opinion. :)

I agree with rosco as my previous posts give testimony to.
no it is not fact, and if you believe it,I have some ocean front property in Arizona!! Very Happy
it has been proven most is made up and lies!

22 Re: Fox on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:58 pm

gypsy


Moderator
here are a few, and there are many more~

http://www.spitefulcritic.com/home/10-most-ridiculous-fox-news-lies-creative-edits-and-half-truths




The 10 Most Ridiculous Fox News Lies, Creative Edits, and Half-Truths
By Brandon Root

Tags: Politics, Stupid, TV

Saturday, 24 April 2010



Unless you're a bit brain-damaged, it shouldn't come as too much of a shock that Fox News occasionally plays fast and loose with the truth. Occasionally they will distort, creatively edit, or even fabricate evidence to support their narrative. But don't worry, you're not the only one screaming at your television.



Unfortunately, there is nothing illegal with what Fox News does (well, kind of). In 2003, the Florida Court of Appeals agreed with Fox News that it is not illegal to distort or falsify the news in the United States, but there is a lot of gray area.



For example, the FCC has said in the past that rigging the news kind of bums them out, but they can't do anything unless they receive "...documented evidence of such rigging or slanting. This kind of evidence could include testimony, in writing or otherwise, from 'insiders' or persons who have direct personal knowledge of an intentional falsification of the news."



So basically if the FCC were to catch you and your brother handing out a flyer claiming in red crayon that "Sprinkles the cat is an evil communist," when Sprinkles is in fact a simple, democracy loving cat, you can't get into trouble unless your brother rats you out and tells the FCC that you knew Sprinkles wasn't a communist when you put crayon-to-paper. If your brother stays tight-lipped about the whole thing, the FCC will just assume you were ignorant when it came to the correct political orientation of Sprinkles, so you weren't really at fault, just stupid.



The only time the rules are not vague at all is if a news organization were "Knowingly broadcasting false information concerning a crime or a catastrophe." So they can't report that Barack Obama and a horde of gay black men are running naked through the streets setting cars on fire and aborting babies unless it were to actually happen.



But they're really good at doing the next best thing, here are 10 of their more outrageous lies, creative edits, and half-truths:
Gay Sex And The Safety Czar

Fox News reported that Kevin Jennings, an Assistant Deputy Secretary at the U.S. Department of Education, was informed by a 15 year old boy that he was having sexual encounters with older men. Jennings didn't report this conversation, and Fox News proceeds to harp on how much of a tool he is. What they didn't bother to find out is that the kid wasn't 15, he was above the age of consent.
The Fundamentals of the Economy are Strong

In March 2009, Fox News made it seem as of Joe Biden was parroting the line that made John McCain look so out of touch during the campaign to try to inject false hope into the ailing economy. In fact, Biden never said that "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" in March. That clip of Biden was actually from the campaign and selectively edited to seem more recent.
Muslim Conspiracy?
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
A Farewell to Arms
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full Episodes Political Humor Tea Party

Jon Stewart of the Daily Show dissects a ridiculous comparison between the Islamic star and crescent and the logo of the Nuclear Security Summit. I mean, I'm not saying Obama eats babies, but he does kind of look at babies in a funny way, doesn't he? I mean, you should decide.
Selectively Editing Healthcare

Fox News edits Obama's statements makes it seem as if he wants health care "like in the European countries."



This is not what he says at all, he repeats a question he is asked and goes on to say that it is not what he wants.
Death Book

When the false "death panel" rumors started in August of 2009, Fox News reported on a supposed, "death book" by the Veterans Health Administration. In liu of actual reporting, they fanned the death panel flames by promoting a number of falsehoods that would have been cleared up had they actually read the thing.
4x the Budget

In an April 2009, the Fox News show America's Newsroom made the claim that Obama's $3.6 trillion budget is 4x bigger than Bush's costliest plan. This isn't true at all. Bush's budgets for 2009 and 2008 were $3.1 and $2.9 trillion respectively. Keep in mind, Fox News lives in an age where even a second grader could access this information in about 20 seconds.
Jail Time for Prayer

The Fox News show Fox and Friends make it seem as if the government and ACLU are out to get poor ol' folks who just want to pray by not giving you the full story. Except they did, the night before.
Fox News Has Photoshop Too

Maybe you remember this one from the campaign. The New York Times wrote an article that Fox didn't like, so they Photoshopped images of New York Times editor Steven Reddicliffe and reporter Jacques Steinberg to make them look ugly and passed it along as news.
Fox News Has 10 BAJILLION Fans!

When the 9/12 Tea Party march on DC was being reported by Fox News, the numbers they were parroting were massive: 1.5 million, maybe 1.7 million. In fact, other news organizations were putting the number between 60,000 and 70,000, which was about the size of the National Equality March a few weeks later. Fox News didn't really talk about that one too much. Too many gay people.
Obama is a Muslim Raised in a Madrasah

This is one that CNN was gracious enough to pounce on. Fox News and the New York Post reported completely unsubstantiated rumors that Obama was raised in a Muslim madrasah. Naturally the story turned out to be a half-truth that Fox News used to its advantage.
0troversial

23 Re: Fox on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:22 am

gypsy


Moderator
http://www.slate.com/id/2267468/


Media criticism.
Murdoch's Watergate
The U.K. phone-hacking scandal will undo the media mogul.
By Jack ShaferPosted Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2010, at 5:45 PM ET

Rupert Murdoch. Click image to expand.Rupert MurdochEvery journalist suffers from subpoenas envy. As powerful as the pen may be, reporters covet the power that courts and Congress have to command individuals and organizations to give testimony and produce evidence. So whenever the power-thresher of a prosecution or a congressional investigation rolls over a prominent person or a notable organization, journalists flock like grackles to glean whatever material they can for their stories.
PRINTDISCUSSE-MAILRSSRECOMMEND...REPRINTSSINGLE PAGE

Such a feeding frenzy has been loosed against Rupert Murdoch's News of the World tabloid by a growing number of individuals, including actors Sienna Miller and Steve Coogan, a journalist, and a former member of the London police brass, who claim that the newspaper illegally "hacked" into their voice mail and have either filed suit or are seeking legal redress. Most of those identified as hackers' victims are celebrities from entertainment, sports, and the royal orbit.

That News of the World reporters have hacked voice mail is a matter of legal fact: In 2007, a News of the World reporter and a private investigator working with him both went to jail for hacking the phones of royal family aides. Also, in 2009, News of the World paid about $1.6 million to settle cases by two public figures who claimed its reporters had hacked their phones. Coverage by Nick Davies in the Guardian in 2009 and the New York Times Magazine, which published a Sept. 5 feature story about phone-hacking at the News of the World, have further emboldened potential plaintiffs. They have a grudge against the newspaper that may have hacked them and the London Metropolitan Police, which they charge did not thoroughly investigate the hackings.
Ad

The number of potentially hacked phones runs in the scores or maybe even the thousands, and recent coverage has 1) spurred the filing of legal action by the aggrieved; 2) encouraged the U.K. press to revisit the story, which has in turn 3) stimulated a vicious—or virtuous, depending on your view—cycle of new legal actions and new stories kicking up yet more grain and worms for the press grackles. New judicial reviews of police files could unleash an estimated 3,000 potential claimants, the Guardian reports, "resulting in a torrent of litigation against" the News of the World. The Guardian's back-of-the-envelope calculations is that the Murdoch paper could face tens of millions of pounds in damages and legal fees from the phone-hacking cases.

If you've been following the phone-hacking story, you know it's not a dime-store scandal or even a tens-of-millions-of-pounds scandal. The editor of the News of the World at the time of the hacking, Andy Coulson, left the paper and went to work as communications chief for David Cameron, who recently became the country's prime minister. In Parliamentary debate last week, a Labor member dragged the name of a top Murdoch executive into the scandal and called on Murdoch to testify. Unfortunately for Watergate enthusiasts, Labor has yet to ask what Murdoch knew and when he knew it.

Which brings me back to my Watergate theme, which I shouldn't overplay. Temporarily, at least, both the News of the World phone-hackings and the Watergate burglaries could be made to appear like rogue operations, not sanctioned by higher-ups, as long as the right hush-money was spent. But the double-teaming of legal investigation and newspaper coverage, the one feeding the other, makes it hard for a coverup to work for long. Add the third element of legislators agitating for testimony from the principals and investigations, and the thing assumes a Watergate aroma.

Writing in the London Evening Standard today, veteran U.K. journalist Roy Greenslade surmises that Murdoch is intimate with the coverup and spinning of the scandal, if not with the scandal itself. He writes:

No newspaper owner is more knowledgeable, and therefore more exacting, than Murdoch. Every one of his editors is aware that they work under his continual scrutiny.

Murdoch has the ultimate power of hire and fire. Even if he doesn't get involved in the nuts and bolts—and he rarely does—he sets the tone. His editors can scream for ever that they are entirely independent of him, but the reality is that they know his views and would not go out of their way to displease him.

Greenslade writes elsewhere that Labor's recent defeat makes it less fearful of the Tory-supporting Murdoch, and it will become more aggressive in seeking political capital by demanding answers to the stories raised by the Guardian. He also notes that most U.K. papers aren't chasing the scandal—the inference being that they may have phone-hackings or other skeletons in their closets and therefore aren't keen on boosting the scandal now.

As Murdoch settles new cases, Parliament pecks at him from Westminster, the U.K. press locates its nuts and starts to build on what the Guardian and New York Times have published, and our good friend serendipity joins the chase, new revelations about the hackings are sure to be revealed. In my journalistic weather report, I predict reversals and recognition, ingenious plot twists, Murdoch executives falling on their swords, rats singing, and maybe a scene or two out of King Lear.

It won't happen overnight. After all, Watergate took two years to unfurl. Stock up on popcorn and Coke and watch the show unspool

24 Re: Fox on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:35 am

gypsy


Moderator
runawayhorses wrote:Its all fact and no one is lying. The shows are hosted by entertainers that have "opinions". There guests have opinions too. No one is lying. And that is MY opinion. :)

I agree with rosco as my previous posts give testimony to.
so how can it be opinions,and the truth?
My points have shown the lies not truth//I have shown this over and over..now it is up to you to prove me false! I don't think you can~if they are entertainers,how is it truth? get real~ Razz

25 Re: Fox on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:44 am

gypsy


Moderator
Entertainment//one has to define/if it is presented as factual news/that is news.not entertainment ,like some people interject

26 Re: Fox Today at 10:36 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum