You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 CMA Awards 2011 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:43 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
I watched the CMA awards last night and I have to tell you it was awful. It is not produced as it used to be. In the past years it was a class act, but I saw none of that last night. There were rednecks not dressed very well sing redneck lyrics, young guys with their caps on backwards, rapping music, a total disaster in my opinion. I always considered the country music awards shows the best of all music award shows, but now I don't know anymore. Times are changing. I hope the ratings were bad last night and most people feel the way I do so they will next year return to a class act like they used to do. People all dressed up nicely in the years before last nights show, and the songs were much better with meaningful lyrics. Last night most all the songs were geared at who can be the most redneck. Stupid song lyrics that say nothing meaningful, all they sing about is drinking beer, hunting, possums, hogs,..etc. The more redneck the song is and the artist are seem to be this years agenda to preform on the show. There were however a few exceptions and a few good class acts came on the show. I think most good artists declined once they found out how the show was going to be produced from there agents. They didn't want to be associated with it.

All in all my evaluation of the show sucked. I walked away and 3/4 the way through it, I couldn't take anymore.

2 Re: CMA Awards 2011 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:15 am

gypsy

I agree Country music ain't what it use to be:)

3 Re: CMA Awards 2011 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:06 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
i did not even know it was going to be on but if it was during the week i was at work, but since i stoped taking the paper i dont know whats going to be on, but i dont have time for tv, except on weekends,

4 Re: CMA Awards 2011 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:25 am

gypsy

I love the song ,there has been murder on country row//I think Lacy J Dalton sing it.

5 Re: CMA Awards 2011 Today at 7:03 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum