You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Florida Weather on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:19 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
I want to get back to the weather. It got to 99 today. The heat index was probably 120. I live in misery. That's what central Florida has to offer you in the summer. Its a hell hole. So come on down to sunny Florida!!! I'm so hot I can't even think straight. I need a way out of here.

If you let it Florida Heat will break you. Its had cities with the highest temps in the country before. Very close to where I live. What I'm saying is, cities in Florida are known to be the hottest spots in these united states.

However, the winters are nice. But the summers? No way, its hell.

27 Re: Florida Weather on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
i had to go buy some things today which took a long time, then come home and cut all the grass, so im worn out, just now eating a subway,, well most ppl that come to florida i guess are on vacation and keep their condo or motel room cool or cold, they like the hot beach, but i understand what ur saying, i would not want my house hot at all. i would buy one small 5000 btu window unit for like 100 bucks at walmart or lowes, and keep one bedroom or a room u can close off real cool , i have done that long time ago in another house i had when the big window unit was broke and being fixed, , i just kept our bedroom door closed and had it real cool, and we had a tv in the bedroom, 5000 btu window units dont use a lot of power, i have 2 at the lake and a 11,000 one in the greatroom and kitchen L shape room ,, it keeps the whole place real cool even cold at times,, every one covers up when we watch a movie, and fuss that i keep it to cold, i even cover up, but i usually turn the big air cond, off when we watch a movie at nite. but one bedroom does not have a air cond, and my daughter will not sleep with the door open so it gets stuffy and warm in that room at nite, i put up a ceiling fan in that room,i can put a air cond in it, but i will have to run seperate power to that room from the outside power box, that circuit to that room has all u can put on it now, my other daughters bedroom that has air is on that circuit, but my youngest daughters family is going to spend next weekend and stay the whole week, up there and i will have to pay that power bill,they willl stay in my bedroom which has one of the 5000 btu, i have had them since my dad was alive, in the 80s, i thought about changing them out, the new one i think use less electricity, but its not like they run all the time, so its ok,

28 Re: Florida Weather on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:04 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
I need one of those for this room. I need someone to install it though, but thats another story.

29 Re: Florida Weather on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:25 am

rosco 357

Veteran
if u have a window that just raises, u just put it in the window,and close it and the sides slide out to the sides of the windows, u may have to screw the slides on, on a 5000 u may not have to, but probably, maybe fastdrummer could help,, its easy but i know u need help with ur hip problem, alot depends on the kind of windows u have, really u can put one in in 15 minutes, but i know u need help.. they will reallly cool one room good, and just plug into 110 volt, even my 11,000 uses 110 volts outlet, as u know u go by the EER rating, the higher the number the more efficient it is, im sure the new ones are better than mine, actually mine in my bedroom uses less amps than what use to be my parents room, now one daughters room they look just alike but mine has copper coils to cool the air, and daddys had aluminum coils to cool the air, so mine had a better rating, i discovered it because i had to pay a bit more for mine than my dad did,, the look exactly alike, and are whirlpools, but anybrand would now be ok, but i would check the eer rating or compair them with say one at lowes to one at walmart, or home depot, i got my 11.000 at the end of the season at walmart it was 265 and i got it for 205 bucks, on clearance sale price, it being larger was harder to put in, it had a cabinet but a 5000 is all one piece unless u have like i said to screw on the top that the window catches and it is all one piece that has the side slide, u know it expands out to the sides of the window,,5000 are not hard and light, i know Florida has sometimes different types of windows,like side opening windows or crank out windows, which makes it much harder, but a regular window u raise up is easy, if u dont have a outlet close u would need to by any appliance extension cord, which look nothing like a regular one, i have one on the toaster oven up there,,its big

30 Re: Florida Weather on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:33 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Ok thanks for the info. The window it would need to go in slides from left to right. Its about 6' tall by 8' wide. One of the panes swings left and right. It slides back and forth, so its a side sliding window. That would make it harder I think to install.

31 Re: Florida Weather Today at 2:14 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum