You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 You Might be a teabagger if on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:22 pm

gypsy


Moderator
http://thepragmaticprogressive.org/wp/2011/02/19/you-might-be-a-teabagger-if/

← There Is Power In A Union
A Letter From A “Union Maid” In Wisconsin →
You Might be a Teabagger If…..
avatar
Posted on February 19, 2011 by Bruce Lindner

1) You’re offended at any suggestion that the Tea Party is racist, even though nobody objects when people show up at your rallies with blatantly racist signs and slogans.

2) Ronald Reagan is your hero because he was against raising taxes and big government… even though he raised taxes 11 times, doubled the national debt, and tripled the size of government.

3) You mocked Nancy Pelosi for getting emotional when she reflected on the murder of her friend, Mayor George Mosconi, but you think it’s manly when John Boehner blubbers when he watches reruns of Flipper.

4) You were all in favor of George Bush bringing “Democracy” to Iraq by invading and killing hundreds of thousands of women and children, but you think Obama “blew it” by staying out of it when the people of Tunisia and Egypt toppled their dictators in popular revolts.

5) You think Climate Change is a big hoax because Senator James Inhofe, firmly in the pocket of the oil companies says it’s bogus.

6) You think president Obama’s birth certificate is a forgery, and that he managed to fool the CIA, FBI, NSA, Secret Service and the entire US government archive of documents with one Photoshopped image.

7) You think president Obama is a socialist, because he wants all Americans to pay their share of taxes, including the rich, and all Americans to enjoy the same benefits of an equitable society, including the same healthcare that Congress enjoys.

8) You think Glenn Beck’s theory of a Code Pink/Muslim/Communist alliance conspiracy to take over the world in a 21st Century caliphate makes perfect sense.

9) You believe the Citizens United decision was all about corporate “free speech,” yet you’re against the Fairness Doctrine being reenacted, because you think it’s contrary to “free speech.”

10) You are absolutely pro-life, under all circumstances — except when an abortion doctor is executed in his church, because he asked for it.

11) You thought it was cool when Sarah Palin “targeted” Democratic seats on her website with crosshairs, including Gaby Giffords. But when Giffords was shot in Arizona, you didn’t see any connection.

12) You think Sarah Palin would make a good president because she’s a feisty conservative, but that Diane Feinstein should be run out of town, because she’s a feisty liberal.

13) You think George Soros, a Hungarian born American citizen, is an enemy of freedom because he uses his vast wealth to meddle in foreign affairs. But you think it’s great that Rupert Murdoch, an Australian citizen, uses his vast wealth to meddle in American affairs.

14) The main reason you despise George Soros, is because he helped bring down three foreign governments; the Ukraine, Czechoslovakia, and Soviet Georgia. Three communist regimes. Ronald Reagan on the other hand, took down one communist regime: Grenada… Reagan: 1, Soros: 3. Ergo, Soros is an un-American commie. Besides, Sean Hannity said so.

15) You think being a Teabagger makes you more patriotic than liberals, because you own more guns than them wussies.

16) You screamed bloody murder when president Obama rescued GM and Chrysler, because they were “going to fail anyway.” But now that they’re both on the road to recovery, you think George W. Bush deserves most of the credit.

17) When Barack Obama was sworn in, the Dow Jones was at 6500. Today, it’s at 12,400, almost double where it was. And at that time, the economy was shedding 700,000 jobs per month, a trend that has been arrested and reversed ever since. From that, you deduce Obama’s the one who wrecked the economy.

18) You still believe Saddam had WMDs.

19) You are dead-set against “judicial activist” judges, but you were okay with it when the five conservative justices of the Supreme Court voted in favor of Citizens United, effectively guaranteeing our politicians will be bought by the highest bidder, rather than elected by the people.

20) You’re strongly opposed to gay rights, because you claim it’s not biblical. Except in the case of Ken Mehlman, Mary Cheney, and Ted Haggard, because they still vote “right” on the issues.

21) You want all illegal immigrants rounded up and deported, ASAP, no exceptions, period, period, PERIOD. But you don’t want any criminal charges filed against the corporations that have been hiring them en masse in violation of law.

22) One of your stated concerns with Barack Obama’s candidacy, was that he was too inexperienced for the job, yet you want Sarah Palin to challenge him next year.

23) You hate tax cheats, and people who abuse their status for personal advancement — but you admire Clarence Thomas, and have no problem with his wife “speaking on behalf of her husband” at the Heritage Foundation, a far right-wing organization.

24) You went ballistic when an illegal immigrant murdered an American in Texas two years ago, and you demanded justice. But when three members connected to the Tea Party murdered 9 year old Brisenia Flores, you and your right-wing media barely even mentioned it, nor the conviction.

25) You equate being a “community organizer” to being a Marxist, yet you claim to worship a God whose entire life was being a community organizer.

26) You claim Barack Obama is soft of terrorism and that he’s sympathetic to Muslim extremists. Yet during his first two years in office, his administration captured or killed more terrorists than George Bush did in all eight years of his presidency.

27) You cheered as Andrew Breitbart and his faux journalists brought down ACORN. But when Breitbart got caught doctoring footage of Shirley Sherrod, which brought into question his veracity, you accused her of waging a “race war.”

28) You support Israel’s policies regarding the West Bank and Gaza, because Israel is a democracy, like us. But when Arabs democratically voted in anti-American and anti-Israeli governments, it bewildered you.

29) Your spiritual hero, the Grande Dame of the conservative movement, is Ayn Rand; the dedicated anti-socialist. And yet, she herself in her later years, had no problem secretly cashing in on social security and Medicare.

30) You still think fascism and socialism are the same thing, because Glenn Beck has convinced you of that with his magic blackboard. This way, nobody can accuse you of being similar to the Nazis… even though you are

2 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:03 am

runawayhorses


Owner
Good grief. That was a good post but I'm going to keep this simple.

I don't want any trouble with anyone. I simply want to live my life my own way, as everyone does if they have the means to. I believe in the United States and love this country. I just want people to settle down and stop all this conflict. Republicans vs Democrats is a worn out and old way of dealing with our issues in this country. But it seems to be the way it is. I can't change it, but it exists. I don't understand why people feel a need to take a side like a republican or a democrat. Its just people. Why can't we just let the people vote on what they want to happen and what they don't want to happen and let the most votes win? I would like to see republicans and democrats be a thing of the past. Do away with all of that. Just let the people vote on the issues, and whichever get the most votes it passes and goes into effect.

I never understood this republicans vs democrat thing. It is pure nonsense in my opinion. If anything, I am Independent. I wish everyone would just stick to the issues and forget about the political party's. Its old school politics and obviously doesn't work very well. Just let people vote on the issues and what gets the most votes that is the way its gonna be. Very simple.

3 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:21 am

gypsy


Moderator
Well my sentiments are a bit he same,I think you have to look at the record of who runs this country more efficiently the record show democrats do, because they serve the people.Republicans don't give a rats ass about people.the record shows every time a republican leaves office he leaves a mess,and a democrat comes in and cleans it up just like Clinton did just like Obama is trying to do
then you have complete whackos like palin/tea party and fox news feeding fear mongering, hate and violence/I dislike the party system also but for now there is no answer and independents just don't have the smartness to get elected it apPEARS.. I AM Basically independent, I despise this repug party that is so smug and selfish. instead of spending millions to undo the good Obama had done they need to get off their asses, and do something to build America back,they have the majority in the senate now, instead of whining and crying like babies like Speaker of the house Boehner~ What a wuss!!

4 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:31 am

rosco 357


Veteran
i think the 24/7 news stations have stoked the fires, all of them, they have to fill up so much time they all keep stories stirred up and have made Washington a more harsh place . i think politicians use to respect the other side more, and alot is about money, some talking heads have got rich off controversy, like R Limbaugh. so others see it and follow their ways into hugh money contracts,, they learn controversy sells, but im sure there are examples of discord decades ago.. i lost interest in watching most of it on tv, but i have little time anyway,,take care, its a messy business, i agree

5 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:38 am

runawayhorses


Owner
Here's the bottom line of politics in this country in my opinion. Its not the republicans or democrat party's fault for anything. Neither party means a rats ass. The only thing that counts in this country are the rich people and what thet want. Our system of politics allows this to happen. People are bought everyday to vote in their favor. It is totally corrupt. I see no fix. The money people in power and their influences in the higher offices of government call the shots, not the public and their voting. Its meaningless. It doesn't do anything to vote. Only the power people say what happens. No one wants to believe that but its true. Voters don't mean a thing, you don't count if you have no money and political influence to buy people. Bottom line is, our system is corrupt and there is nothing we can do about it. We have to hope Americans that actually run this country (the money people in charge) do the right thing. Thats all we have to go on. Political party's and voters are meaningless. So I don't waste my time.

Just my opinion.



Last edited by runawayhorses on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:43 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : damn typos lol)

6 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:38 am

rosco 357


Veteran
gypsy wrote:Well my sentiments are a bit he same,I think you have to look at the record of who runs this country more efficiently the record show democrats do, because they serve the people.Republicans don't give a rats ass about people.the record shows every time a republican leaves office he leaves a mess,and a democrat comes in and cleans it up just like Clinton did just like Obama is trying to do
then you have complete whackos like palin/tea party and fox news feeding fear mongering, hate and violence/I dislike the party system also but for now there is no answer and independents just don't have the smartness to get elected it apPEARS.. I AM Basically independent, I despise this repug party that is so smug and selfish. instead of spending millions to undo the good Obama had done they need to get off their asses, and do something to build America back,they have the majority in the senate now, instead of whining and crying like babies like Speaker of the house Boehner~ What a wuss!!
the republicans dont have the majority in the senate, only the house of Rep. no big deal just rambling

7 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:40 am

rosco 357


Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Here's the bottom line of politics in this country in my opinion. Its not the republicans or democrat party's fault for anything. Neither party means a rats ass. The only thing that counts in this country are the rich people and what thet want. Our system of politics allows this to happen. People are bought everyday to vote in their favor. It is totally corrupt. I see no fix. The money people in power and their influences in the higher offices of government call the shots, not the public and their voting. Its meaningless. It does do anything. Only the power people say what happens. No one wants to believe that but its true. Voters don't mean a thing, you don't count if you have no money and political influence to buy people. Bottom line is, our system is corrupt and there is nothing we can do about it. We have to hope Amerixans that acrually run this country (the money people in charge) do the right thing. Thats all we have to go one. Political party's and voters and meaningless. So I don't waste my time.

Just my opinion.

i agree,. money rules, its sad,

8 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:43 am

gypsy


Moderator
News is news Rosco not made up lies,and the major un news source is fox.I think before you can elaborate on this news thing ,you have to watch more of it~ there are real news stations and then as i have proved numerous time Faux new who create lies to benefit their republican beliefs. just like acorn ,like the shirley shepord story i put over 100 here, proven facts that fox is not telling the news, they give a small portion and then create what they want to believe to benefit the party they support which is pugs~
you need to watch more I think you would see what i mean, just like the story of oreilly having people stalked.the presidents interview, none of those talking heads tell it for real~they never interview both sides at the same time only the republican side. well anyway if you watch, you will see..rupert murdoch even admits he doesn't do news it is an entertain,ent factor, he wants to shut down all the real news stations~

9 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:48 am

gypsy


Moderator
Thats all we have to go one. Political party's and voters and meaningless. So I don't waste my time.///
Rosco this is part of your post, see that is why ,most people don't care,but you do express what you think~ I will never give up to put right before wrong no matter who it is dem or pug~~

My bad the house of reps instead of senate..

10 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:53 am

runawayhorses


Owner
gypsy wrote:News is news Rosco not made up lies,and the major un news source is fox.I think before you can elaborate on this news thing ,you have to watch more of it~ there are real news stations and then as i have proved numerous time Faux new who create lies to benefit their republican beliefs. just like acorn ,like the shirley shepord story i put over 100 here, proven facts that fox is not telling the news, they give a small portion and then create what they want to believe to benefit the party they support which is pugs~
you need to watch more I think you would see what i mean, just like the story of oreilly having people stalked.the presidents interview, none of those talking heads tell it for real~they never interview both sides at the same time only the republican side. well anyway if you watch, you will see..rupert murdoch even admits he doesn't do news it is an entertain,ent factor, he wants to shut down all the real news stations~
Does any of it really matter? The public has no control. Who do you think owns the media? The same people that control and run this country thats who. The money people in charge. They buy what they want to be heard, they own the stations and if they don't own it they destroy them.

It kills me that people think they live in a democracy in this country, nothing could be farther from the truth. We live in a dictatorship country run by power people, made to look like we actually have a say. Which we don't.



Last edited by runawayhorses on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

11 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 am

runawayhorses


Owner
gypsy wrote:Thats all we have to go one. Political party's and voters and meaningless. So I don't waste my time.///
Rosco this is part of your post, see that is why ,most people don't care,but you do express what you think~ I will never give up to put right before wrong no matter who it is dem or pug~~

My bad the house of reps instead of senate..
I posted that not rosco.

12 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:58 am

rosco 357


Veteran
i never watch fox shows as news, they know they are not news, like oreilly and hannity, and so forth, it entertainment opinion shows, but they do have news times that show events as they are happening, msnbc is just as bad, they have liberal opinion entrainment shows, but we know ur feelings, about fox,and tyler is running out of room because of it, ,lol, teasing, im done, im sure msnbc has lies on it also, but im an independent and smart enough to make up my mind without those shows i dont watch.again im done, there is just so many times u can say ppl lie, we get it,, ok, im done with this topic, i should have quoted gyp in this sorry,



Last edited by rosco 357 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

13 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:00 am

gypsy


Moderator
sorry so many quote in a row LOL well like i said if we don't keep trying, that is what the 1% wealthy want for us peons to give up~ I will call the white house everyday I will protest and make at least an effort~ maybe someday we little people will win LOL a good discussion here though,I like it`

14 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:02 am

runawayhorses


Owner
I'm running out of space..lmao lol!

15 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:58 am

gypsy


Moderator
ok I won't post anything political anymore. Sorry ,you can delete my article and all my responses on this subject~

16 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:32 am

rosco 357


Veteran
dont be silly, post on like votes coming up, and such that are relevant, for me i know u think fox lies but they are for enterainment and money for the talking heads, , is all i was saying, but none of the networks are squeaky clean. ,, i was teasing, i know ur passion, its good to believe as u do, i agree with ur politics, but the fox thing to me and im speaking for myself is a a bit old, dont make us get ssc back to control u, lmao,, teasing, laugh ok, post as u wish, i can read what i want and not read what i want, its good u post with passion, hugs take care, one question u write the white house, do u write ole mitch, that would make more sense, ???

17 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:38 am

gypsy


Moderator
HAHA ssc take care of me,I can kick her butt~ LOL

I do write bitch mitch and call his office weekly they don't much like it, but oh to bad boohoo! lol also boner, and the gov of Wisconsin~ what a struck on himself piece of turd, Scott is~

18 Re: You Might be a teabagger if on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 am

runawayhorses


Owner
gypsy wrote:ok I won't post anything political anymore. Sorry ,you can delete my article and all my responses on this subject~
It was just a joke, rosco was joking. Members can't cause me to run out of space or take up any of it. Good grief. Everyone quit worrying about my "space" you aren't using any of it, you can't. Posting doesn't take up any of my space. I have an endless supply of space for posting,, I can't run out. But thank you for your concern. I'm tired of talking about space. Its fine and you aren't taking up any of it. Geez lol

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum