I agree with this article 1 million percent~
Republicans Ongoing Abuse of America
Posted on June 8th, 2010 by iwaller
Boehner__Cantor__McConnell.jpgBattered Women’s Syndrome is a horrific crime of abuse enacted on American women and some men as perpetrators attempt to intimidate and control their victims with fear and hate.
Sadly this abuse can cycle in a repeating pattern passed down by parents to the next generation when children are exposed to adults who engage in these crimes.
In many cases these self-loathing perpetrators, tend to blame their own problems on anyone and everyone else without taking responsibility for their actions.
This is the same pattern of abuse heaped upon Americans today by the Republican Party and their Tea Party subsidiary and it lies at the heart of many of the diverse issues and challenges we face in this country.“At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols.” -Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)
Remember when Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC) said that health care reform was a greater threat to the country than any terrorist. Then there is Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and FOX News comparing every action by Democrats and our President to the Nazi regime. Mississippi Republican Senator said “What I see in Washington over the last 16 months is a more dangerous attack because it’s an attack on our freedom that’s coming from the inside.” Go back to the Republicans scary Medicare ads, which counted on some baseless demagoguery to scare seniors away from health care reform and Democrats and their lies about ‘death panels’.
Then there is Sen. Jake Knotts (R-SC) who said “We already got one raghead in the White House, we don’t need a raghead in the governor’s mansion.” (Speaking about Nikki Haley who is running for SC Governor).
Newt Gingrich called religious leaders socialists because they supported Obama’s health care reform effort, and Glenn Beck recently attacked the President’s 11 year-old daughter Malia, suggesting that she is not intelligent for her age.
And who can forget that George W. Bush boasted about having ordered torture as president, and insisted he wouldn’t change a thing if he had it to do over again.
It is heard over and over from Republicans who call President Obama a ‘Hitler loving, Commie Pinko Marxist Anti-Christ white racist’. This is the rhetoric of the Republican and Teabagger Party.
Hate speech, xenophobia and violent rhetoric violate our civil sentiments have been pounded into the airwaves and media on a daily basis for the past 18 months and sadly ignorant Americans and those who are easily lead, buy into this psycho talk, without giving a second thought to truth and even less to verify any associated facts on a particular issue.
The GOP continues to use ‘Chicken Little’ lunacy about every single issue facing Americans:
1. They want to rescind health insurance coverage for over 30 million Americans and reinstate the worst insurance industry abuses, like preexisting condition discrimination. We all know who they are, these Republicans who stand against everything needed by Middle America. Rep. Wally Herger (R-Calif.), House Minority Leader John Boehner (Ohio) who said repealing healthcare reform the GOP’s “No. 1 priority,”, Eric Cantor (R-VA), Mike Pence (R-IND), Louie Gohmert (R-TX), Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Steve King (R-Iowa), Charles Boustany Jr. (R-LA), Kay Hutchison (R-TX), John McCain (R-AZ), Roy Blunt (R-MO), Blunt, John Cornyn (R-TX), Michele Bachmann (R-MN), John Ensign (R-NV), Tom Coburn (R-OK, John Kyl (R-AZ), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Tom Cole (R-OK) among others. They, of course are supported by Republican Party Leader Rush Limbaugh, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney who passed a similar health care bill in Massachusetts, RNC Chairman Michael Steele, and half term Gov. Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and FOX News. See the full list below:
* 52 House Republicans have co-sponsored Bachmann’s repeal bill, H.R. 4903
* 62 House Republicans have co-sponsored Rep. Steve King’s (Iowa) repeal bill, H.R. 4972
* 20 Republican senators have co-sponsored Sen. Jim DeMint’s (S.C.) repeal bill, S. 3152.
2. Republicans want to end Medicare for 46 million Americans, which are provided at a fraction of the administrative costs associated with health insurance companies in the private market. From George H.W. Bush in 1964 who used the familiar sound bite to describe it simply as “socialized medicine,” to Republican Bob Dole who in 1996 bragged about voting against it in 1965 saying “I was there, fighting the fight, voting against Medicare”. And on to the ‘trickle-down economics’ guru Ronald Reagan who tried to end it. After 44 successful years since the passage of Medicare for America’s treasured seniors, Republicans like Tom Price (R-GA), Paul Ryan (R-WI) both have called for ending Medicare and requiring seniors to enroll in expensive private health care plans. Republicans have for decades attempted to end Medicare from
3. Republicans say they are more fiscally conservative, but they are the Party who willingly gave $21 billion in no-bid war contracts to Halliburton which promptly left the United States to locate in the Middle East, $700 billion bailout of tax payer dollars to Hank Paulson, without any requirement to pay it back, they are the Party who gave $1.3 trillion in tax cuts to America’s wealthiest corporations and people removing much needed funds from the U.S. Treasury; they are the ones who corporate tax breaks for U.S. companies to ship American jobs overseas, they are the ones who allow corporations to locate in foreign countries to avoid paying American taxes, they are the ones who set a historic record in pork barrel spending, they are the ones who under George W Bush, never paid for a single spending bill – NEVER! In fact, after Bush’s final budget was enacted, fiscal 2009 outlays had spiked to $3.4 trillion, an 83 percent increase in overall federal spending, according to the Congressional Budget Office — compared with an eight-year increase of just 32 percent under Clinton.
So what did Americans get in return? $2.5 trillion in tax cuts skewed overwhelmingly toward the wealthy, tens of billions in tax breaks for large corporations, including those shifting American jobs to countries like India and China; at least $700 billion spent fighting a war in Iraq; a fiscal meltdown that shed 8 million American jobs, which cost 7 million Americans their homes and slashed retirement savings by $2 trillion.
The truth is for decades, liberal presidents have been far and away more restrained in their spending, and more likely to turn in balanced budgets.
Even during the worst economic disaster in U.S. history caused by Republican-sponsored unregulated Wall Street Banks, Republicans are running to Wall Street to solicit political donations and vowing to protect Wall Street while continuing to endanger the U.S. Economy for decades to come as they seek to block Wall Street Reform..
Even today, when America’s Gulf Coast is facing the worst oil spill in U.S. history, Republicans are protecting big oil and opposing safety regulations on big oil companies including BP.
For too long, Republicans have been the genesis of the demise of the American way of life and the middle class, protecting every corporation that seek to destroy and eliminate what once made America great. This is the Party of Teabaggers, this is the Republican Party. This is the Party which lies and deceives the American people using fear mongering as their motto as the U.S. falls farther and farther behind other developing countries in the world. Americans simply cannot forget Republicans delivered the worst decade in U.S. modern history.
The perverse Republican political machine, helped along by a Republican dominated Supreme Court which give corporations the same rights and ‘we the people’, must be held accountable for their actions and Americans simply cannot turn a blind eye to recent history when the Republican Party spent America into an abyss, lied its citizens into a war costing thousands of lives of brave young men and women and who have absolutely no leadership ability to lead American through the 21st century.
Americans must work together to build the safeguards of protecting our interests and those of the middle class, into the fabric of our society and restore faith in our democratic institutions by electing qualified, educated individuals who put America and her well-being first. They must stand against those who seek to take American back by eliminating Medicare, eliminating the American Disabilities Act, privatizing Social Security, eliminating Health Care for Americans, encouraging racial profiling and allowing U.S. Corporations to avoid paying their fair share of taxes.
America, our future and that of our children, is in our hands; the battering and abuse by the GOP must be eliminated.