You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

Veteran
my words: there are some things i just plain dont understand. all the fuss over Arizonas new law to stop illegals. im totally lost to why ppl in the white house do not want to keep out illegals, actually fighting the law that the majority of Arizonians want. i mean these ppl are not legal, hell lets just let everybody in. everyone from cental america to south america, lets invite them all here,for a high ole time, im baffled, and i do not like Eric holder, this is nothing new i have never liked him.

Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/11/holder-floats-possibility-racial-profiling-suit-arizona/

Attorney General Eric Holder, just days after filing a federal lawsuit against Arizona's immigration law, on Sunday floated the possibility of filing another suit on racial profiling grounds.
fox news

Attorney General Eric Holder, just days after filing a federal lawsuit against Arizona's immigration law, on Sunday floated the possibility of filing another suit on racial profiling grounds.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Arizona claimed the state was infringing on federal immigration responsibilities and urged the judge to prevent the law from going into effect at the end of July. Despite some officials' claims that the law could lead to racial profiling, that concern was not cited as grounds for the suit.

However, Holder said on CBS' "Face the Nation" that the federal government was leading with its "strongest" argument in the suit filed Tuesday and would not rule out a second suit months down the road -- if the law ends up going into effect.

"It doesn't mean that if the law for whatever reason happened to go into effect, that six months from now, a year from now, we might not look at the impact the law has had ... and see whether or not there has been that racial profiling impact," Holder said. "If that was the case, we would have the tools and we would bring suit on that basis."

Holder, reacting to the firestorm of criticism from Republicans and border-state lawmakers, said the Justice Department decided to file the suit because Arizona's immigration law is "inconsistent" with federal policy and the U.S. Constitution. He said there's nothing to stop local jurisdictions and states from helping the government enforce immigration law, but described Arizona's law as contradictory to what the federal government is trying to accomplish.

The law makes illegal immigration a state crime. It requires local law enforcement
to question anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant on their immigration status -- provided they don't stop them for that reason alone.

Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., disputed Holder's characterization. Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," he said Arizona's law is trying to help, not hinder, the federal government's immigration efforts.

gypsy

I hope they do sue Arizona, I think it is pure racism, with how they did this.it breaks the constitutional laws.. they should go after the people who hire illegals because they are cheap labor~ in my opinion Arizona is totally wrong.

rosco 357

Veteran
the majority of americans are all for the Arizona law. and u will see that reflected in the coming elections, they are illegal, cant u understand that word, mercy

runawayhorses

Owner
I read once where someone said illegal aliens was the American way, that we would not exist as we do today without them. They actually help our economy. lol They bring cheap labor to companies like Orange growers in FL, and other places as well. They want to hire illegal's and pay them under the table, its the American way.. lol

Some people actually want illegal aliens here, they think its good for us and the economy.

gypsy

rosco 357 wrote:the majority of americans are all for the Arizona law. and u will see that reflected in the coming elections, they are illegal, cant u understand that word, mercy

well this American isn't. I do believe in legal and coming here legal,but I don't believe what Arizona is doing, and most Democrats. and people I know, don't.
there is a better way,crack down on the illegal under the table hiring, ,the new immigration law will be good, for all involved.I believe this country was built on helping those less fortunate,but I do believe in more legal laws, just not how ArizonA is handling it,I hope it doesn't pass, and i like Eric Holder.:) Also don't go there with that understanding/trip, and being condescending, I have my belief/opinions~:)

SSC

Admin
How Federal gov.can sue Arizona for implementing a Fed. law is beyond me ??? Stopping the influx of drug dealers and kidnapping rings surely in a sane persons thinking cannot be wrong. Murders by illegals on the US side is becoming more and more frequent, and an 80 mile stretch of AZ. is hands off to Americans. What is wrong with this picture ??
Send them back where they came from, let them do it the legal way, why support the mailing of millions of US dollars back to Mexico ? Deportation is the only way to go, load them on buses and drop them inside the Mexican border. They are costing this country billions in medical treatment they can't pay for, but we the tax payers are paying it.
Holder and Obama have alot of nerve, lets just ignore the Black Panther threats, sweep that little issue under the rug, and draw attention away from that by blasting Arizona..November will be here soon enough, people are not forgetting any of this.

rosco 357

Veteran
the only thing i agree with gypsy said is put the ppl that hire them in jail, i forget if that law passed or not, but best i remember, is at first the employer pays a fine if he keeps on he finally get jail time, ssc do u remember if that law actually passed or was just discussed, i forgot, they raid chicken processors here for hiring illegals, but illegals sent alot of money back to mexico, i know that for a fact , i knew some that did it,

gypsy

glad you agree/thanks!

SSC

Admin
It has been a law Rosco for a long time , never inforced, the Az. law is not racial profiling, if you read it anyone can see it is not. Obama is just pissed Az. is doing the job the Feds. are to afraid to do. If ICE waited at any Wal-Mart on Fri. night hundreds of illegals are wiring money back to Mexico.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum