You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Petra - Hollow Eyes on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:18 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Listen to this entire song, pay close attention to the lyrics, thats all I'm saying....

Petra - Hollow Eyes

2 Re: Petra - Hollow Eyes on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:23 am

runawayhorses

Owner
This is a Christian rock band, I have the cassette tape this song is on that was given to me from someone I worked with in the 80's.

Here's the Lyrics:

Matthew 25:35-46
Words & Music
by Bob Hartman

Another day in Nigeria the children beg for bread
The crops failed, the well ran dry
When they lost the watershed
A baby dies, its mother cries the children gather 'round
They're wondering what the day will bring
Will they be the next one found

Do you dare to look into their hollow eyes

In the crowded sheds the children lay their heads
To escape the Haitian heat
The hunger pains drive them to the street
Wondering if today they'll eat
Some found food in the refuse heap
Others find disease
Some find it harder just to live
When they can die with ease

Do you dare to look into their hollow eyes

The least of these is hungry
The least of these is sick
The least of these needs clothing
The least of these needs drink
The least of these knows sorrow
The least of these knows grief
The least of these suffers pain
And Jesus is his name

3 Re: Petra - Hollow Eyes on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:25 pm

gypsy

This made me cry, so sad that suffering happens, it should not//wish I had the answers`

4 Re: Petra - Hollow Eyes on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:15 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
gypsy wrote:This made me cry, so sad that suffering happens, it should not//wish I had the answers`
You want to know why you cried Gypsy? Its because the lyrics and song blessed you. It touched your heart.

I wish I had the answer to world hunger too. Its a crazy world we live in. All I can suggest to fix things like this is that we all pull together and help each other whenever we can. Give to charities or help your neighbor in anyway you can, don't let people suffer is the goal. Jesus suffered and died so you can do good deeds and help others and be kind to everyone. So you could spread the word and spirit of God and Christianity. Helping people is the most Christian thing anyone can do. Helping others. He showed everyone how much he believed in his faith, and took the pain and punishment on the cross. Because he knew God was in his corner and everything would turn out alright in the end.

That's assuming of course the Bible is in anyway factual. But the point is, that attitude of doing good deeds is embedded in your heart, you just have to find it, and sometimes the Jesus messages and the Bible help inspire people.

5 Re: Petra - Hollow Eyes on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:23 pm

gypsy

Yes it touched my heart. when people go through tragedies,which most all of us do in one form or another,if we stay thankful and loving,and don't harden our hearts, we will be touched by the hurt of others, and the desire to reach out an help~ I do, but I don't think it is ever enough.we should love each other more, I work hard to always be kind, I fail sometimes~

6 Re: Petra - Hollow Eyes Today at 11:22 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum