You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hopping good on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Easter to the great friends here/And A Happy Good Friday/God Bless!
a bit of reminiscing~~ when our kids were young/all six of them.we dyed eggs every Easter eve/what a fun time we had.What funky colors came ou! LOL.
Then Easter day,after the big Feast!! Wow what a feast, we hid Easter eggs.

One year we hid them, Jer always counted them before hiding,well we kept missing eggs,even after extensive search,no eggs.well we happened to watch closer,when hiding the eggs,we saw our Louella bird dog was eating them,the kids got such a kick out of this..we express this story every Easter..

2 Re: Hopping good on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:39 pm

rosco 357

i found one egg as a young teen, while cutting grass in the summer, lol, it was next to the leg of a cement picnic table we had, that table is at the lake now, daddy bought it when i was 5 and we use it to eat watermelon off of, its in a pretty setting under trees next to hugh bluff rocks, moss grows on it so i clean it off every once in a while,

3 Re: Hopping good on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:47 pm

So many wonderful memories! we tend to get to busy daily, sometimes/but holidays, cause us to remember!

4 Re: Hopping good on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:07 am

rosco 357

if i can find it i may post a 1950s something pic of me on easter, i had a hat and everything, i was with cousins in the community we all were raised in, i have not posted a pic here, maybe i can figure it out i have not even looked, i think i have a pic, not even sure of that, but i should have some .. i scanned,

5 Re: Hopping good on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:09 am

I remember on Easter morning as a little boy looking for eggs, They always hide the eggs inside in the house. Under couches or anything that seemed like a good spot. We'd wake up (me and my brother) and start our Easter egg hunt.

Then we would go to Church service that day, Sometimes the services were the day before Easter. But I remember going to church service before and during Easter. It was wonderful, my Mom and dad with me. My dad played his trumpet at some of our church events.

I still think about those times.

Thanks for listening.

6 Re: Hopping good on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:20 am

wonderful thoughts, Tyler
/I was always in choral /singing at Easter sunrise,(wow so early though) a beautiful moment..
what lovely voices blended together. A completely Glorious time/

7 Re: Hopping good Today at 11:35 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum