You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Well how balanced is THIS? On CNN's "Situation Room", they did a point by point fact check on SNL's parody of an Obama televised address in which Obama says he's accomplished nothing. Yep, they actually took the skit seriously enough to rise to Obama's defense! Now I ask you, did they EVER do a "fact check" when Will Farrel portrayed Bush as a stumbling,redneck,idiot? EVER? When Tina Fay portrayed Sarah Palin as a vapid empty-headed yokel,did they fact check THAT??? ONCE??? No,they didn't but Obama is,apparantly, to be protected from comedy skits. I respect CNN as a news gathering organization,but don't try to tell me they are fair OR balanced OR neutral. When FOX started getting and reporting the real news instead of the accepted dogma, they stole the majors' audience and the fight started. The majors need to concentrate on getting the truth and reporting it so that a screwball like Glenn Beck doesn't keep scooping them on stories like the Van Jones report or the ACORN story.

27 removed from quote on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:02 pm

gypsy

rosco 357 wrote:well first let me say, i imagine this being a private school they can push any agenda they want,,but this is not totally the case. if u watch the whole video, and not the edited version that first was shown, and i would imagine most the parents were behind the cameras, notice when they talked to the children they interviewed 3 i think and one child was for keeping private healthcare as is.. the little guy, they preformed at obamas inauguration so they are a well know atlanta school. i believe is stated they had, been on oprah possibly after the inauguration but dont know what they did there ... i would imagine it being a private school in atlanta and cnn being in atlanta, would play a part, but getting the opinions of the students and some for keeping private insurance,made it alot more balanced than say hannity or beck.. if u watch the whole non edited video...it give opinions on both sides. i think its mainly a pride of an atlanta school where cnn is located, and i know cnn has tours of their place there, ,, ,,,here is the non edited version,watch it all.
I agree again Rosco.. They can push any agenda they want.
I am sure parents knew what was transpiring, it was school,parent,news, choice, no knowledge of democrats promoting this.
I guess it is one more picky thing that repubs are pushing~ it is really hilarious.all the dirty tricks,lies that Repubs have instigated,makes this really entertaining..
BUT,I still stand behind, not using children to promote an agenda,it is done in e commercials, an media.I don't approve..

28 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:03 am

rosco 357

Veteran
meemoon wrote:Well how balanced is THIS? On CNN's "Situation Room", they did a point by point fact check on SNL's parody of an Obama televised address in which Obama says he's accomplished nothing. Yep, they actually took the skit seriously enough to rise to Obama's defense! Now I ask you, did they EVER do a "fact check" when Will Farrel portrayed Bush as a stumbling,redneck,idiot? EVER? When Tina Fay portrayed Sarah Palin as a vapid empty-headed yokel,did they fact check THAT??? ONCE??? No,they didn't but Obama is,apparantly, to be protected from comedy skits. I respect CNN as a news gathering organization,but don't try to tell me they are fair OR balanced OR neutral. When FOX started getting and reporting the real news instead of the accepted dogma, they stole the majors' audience and the fight started. The majors need to concentrate on getting the truth and reporting it so that a screwball like Glenn Beck doesn't keep scooping them on stories like the Van Jones report or the ACORN story.

in the world of politics, there are many facets. i remember chevy chase doing the bumbling Gerald Ford,,u remember he stumbled alot, like air force one steps, etc, none of this i take serious, i just ride the wave of the articles, and try to inject humor when i can, or not, i have no idea if anyone fact checked the parody's on President Bush, i would like to take this time to say one thing that i got from one of ur articles, about bush , im not saying there was anything fishy, but when he left texas national guard, for alabama's, for a time, and im not saying anything wrong, but i will say that alabamas national guard was riddled with politics.. i had a former govenors son in law or grandson in law, in my unit, that in 6 years i only saw him attend weekend drills twice, and heard talk about how crooked the bama guard was... but im not saying bush did anything wrong, i only wonder why he changed, but i dont care either way, i liked bush as a person, i think he was a good man.. he may have made mistakes when younger but we hall have. and im just rambling... take care

29 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:22 am

SSC

Admin
Oprah made a very large donation to the school so since she is Obama's #1 fan I promise you the politics in the background is thick as thieves...

30 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:10 am

" ....and im just rambling.." /// Yep. And about nothing to do with CNN defending Obama being spoofed on SNL I believe the subject was CNN's neutrality, not GW's service record or the Alabama Nat'l Guard. But since you brought that subject up, I'll comment: GW's service record has nothing to do with school kids praising Obama and supporting his political agenda at CNN news studio and being broadcasted on CNN as a CNN sponsored event. If this sounds like a harsh reply, I am motivated by the Democratic plan to abandon SSA recipients so they can buy votes with MY SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS.

31 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:16 am

SSC wrote:Oprah made a very large donation to the school so since she is Obama's #1 fan I promise you the politics in the background is thick as thieves...
If one stands back a little and looks......Chicago! (And crooked,Illinois politics)

32 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:21 am

gypsy

I heard an old timer comment/(not Me) lol!
put them(politicians) in a toad sack, shake them up,pull one out! Corrupt Repubs/Dems all find me one good one??

33 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:29 am

SSC

Admin
Of course it is Moon, this administration is so mired in the sewer of corruption, it may have moved to the White House , but there is only so much damage control that can be done to cover the tracks...

34 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:43 am

rosco 357

Veteran
meemoon wrote:" ....and im just rambling.." /// Yep. And about nothing to do with CNN defending Obama being spoofed on SNL I believe the subject was CNN's neutrality, not GW's service record or the Alabama Nat'l Guard. But since you brought that subject up, I'll comment: GW's service record has nothing to do with school kids praising Obama and supporting his political agenda at CNN news studio and being broadcasted on CNN as a CNN sponsored event. If this sounds like a harsh reply, I am motivated by the Democratic plan to abandon SSA recipients so they can buy votes with MY SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS.

no that did not sound harsh , besides i can handle harsh, most politics are, to me its fun, its what i do, i did change to bush because i did not remember where it was at, so i just actually talked more about the corruption in the bama guard when i was in and saw alot of it, as for cnn and snl i did not see SNL i dont watch it, and did not see the cnn thingy on it nor do i care,,i would have to have a complete history on how they handled other presidents i dont know if they took up for bush at some point or not during his years in office,. i still say since cnn gave 2 positions on health care by the kids and it being a private school they are free to do as they please, but still cnn gave both sides of the health care as u saw, but i dont own stock in cnn or fox or msnbc,well maybe i do and dont know it, the list is long on my 401,, but i dont really care either way,, i did not have a problem with it,,,my only thing as i have said to many times is i dont watch a show with one host and not an opposing position,that why i miss the old cnn show with Robert Novak " crossfire" that was one of the best shows,and had robert and the other guy i forget debate, issues, but it has been gone for a while probabaly 15 years, or less. u will like the last news busted dated today, or yesterday,

35 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:49 am

gypsy

yep I think we all say to many things..
I use to take things to heart here,as (good discussion) but no more,I have been told it is a game,harsh playing?? well that is fun at times..not all the time.. I feel all posts here are legal an free to respond too,mistakes are made,from us all..

36 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:57 am

SSC

Admin
Rosco, I remember watching Crossfire..it was a pretty balanced show as far as covering both sides...To bad the morals of todays media isn't so fair...

37 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:03 am

gypsy

very true,I agree not fair/balanced lol!

38 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:44 am

rosco 357

Veteran
SSC wrote:Rosco, I remember watching Crossfire..it was a pretty balanced show as far as covering both sides...To bad the morals of todays media isn't so fair...

gee i cant think of the guy that was on with robert novak that had left us, and i can see his face , funny i do remember he left to to salon magazine i think it is that was an online magazine that may not still be in business, i think im correct, take care,

39 Re: Another video using kids for health care.. on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:50 am

I just remembered it: "Evans and Novak". He also did Crossfire and The Capitol Gang. SNL used to spoof him a lot.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum