You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 this should stir it up, lol, its bushes fault, on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:04 am

rosco 357

Veteran
President Obama could not undo in one year the resentment against America that President Bush and others built up for years,

Chicago torpedoed by anti-U.S. sentiment?

October 3, 2009
BY ABDON M. PALLASCH Political Reporter apallasch@suntimes.com
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/olympics/1804170,CST-NWS-olyresent03.article#

Some Chicago officials say anti-American resentment likely played a role in Chicago's Olympic bid dying in the first round Friday.

President Obama could not undo in one year the resentment against America that President Bush and others built up for years, they said.

"There must be" resentment against America, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said, near the stage where he had hoped to give a victory speech in Daley Center Plaza. "The way we [refused to sign] the Kyoto Treaty, we misled the world into Iraq. The world had a very bad taste in its mouth about us. But there was such a turnaround after last November. The world now feels better about America and about Americans. That's why I thought the president's going was the deal-maker."

State Rep. Susana Mendoza (D-Chicago) said she saw firsthand the resentment against America five years ago when she was in Rio de Janeiro. "I feel in my gut that this vote today was political and mean-spirited," she said.

"I travel a lot. ... I thought we had really turned a corner with the election of President Obama. People are so much more welcoming of Americans now. But this isn't the people of those countries. This is the leaders still living with outdated impressions of Americans."

U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) said she was approached by a consul general at the plaza as they waited for word Friday. "He said ... he was hearing that there wasn't enough time for Barack Obama to dispel the old image. ... But I don't know if that's it."

Presidential press secretary Robert Gibbs rejected the notion that the vote was influenced by the United States' standing: "No, I think you saw both at the U.N. General Assembly, you saw at the G20 last week ... I think virtually every measure of our standing in the world is different than it was just this

SSC

Admin
How totally typical of the Dems to cry Bush, that is one sad bunch of no life phonies, no games have ever been held in South America, why shouldn't Rio get it, their crime rate is no worse than Chicago, or many other cities in the US..Obama thought he was special and could charm the committee..well that didn't work for him or Mrs. O... failure is all they got and the least votes in the first round...Only the totally delusional would blame this on Bush, Obama's popularity with foreign leaders isn't very good. He is considered a weak person to many, not showing strength in military actions .His popularity is plunging, approval of anything he has scattered on the table half assed thrown together is drawing serious fire from both sides of the fence, down to him and Pelosi refusing to put the health care bill on the net for people to read.He is displaying anything but transparency, more like hiding behind a brick wall.. I guess he and the Dems will milk the Bush bash as long as they can before it becomes obvious this is on Obama's watch now and the other 50% of people realize he is one screwed up guy.. But in the world of Ditzy Dems ignorance is bliss..Kinda like sheep going to slaughter, sticking their necks out only to get it chopped off.

gypsy

rosco 357 wrote:President Obama could not undo in one year the resentment against America that President Bush and others built up for years,

Chicago torpedoed by anti-U.S. sentiment?

October 3, 2009
BY ABDON M. PALLASCH Political Reporter apallasch@suntimes.com
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/olympics/1804170,CST-NWS-olyresent03.article#

Some Chicago officials say anti-American resentment likely played a role in Chicago's Olympic bid dying in the first round Friday.

President Obama could not undo in one year the resentment against America that President Bush and others built up for years, they said.

"There must be" resentment against America, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said, near the stage where he had hoped to give a victory speech in Daley Center Plaza. "The way we [refused to sign] the Kyoto Treaty, we misled the world into Iraq. The world had a very bad taste in its mouth about us. But there was such a turnaround after last November. The world now feels better about America and about Americans. That's why I thought the president's going was the deal-maker."

State Rep. Susana Mendoza (D-Chicago) said she saw firsthand the resentment against America five years ago when she was in Rio de Janeiro. "I feel in my gut that this vote today was political and mean-spirited," she said.

"I travel a lot. ... I thought we had really turned a corner with the election of President Obama. People are so much more welcoming of Americans now. But this isn't the people of those countries. This is the leaders still living with outdated impressions of Americans."

U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) said she was approached by a consul general at the plaza as they waited for word Friday. "He said ... he was hearing that there wasn't enough time for Barack Obama to dispel the old image. ... But I don't know if that's it."

Presidential press secretary Robert Gibbs rejected the notion that the vote was influenced by the United States' standing: "No, I think you saw both at the U.N. General Assembly, you saw at the G20 last week ... I think virtually every measure of our standing in the world is different than it was just this
lol! You lil old pot stirrer!!You!

rosco 357

Veteran
yep im bad aint I, lol 2016 is a long way off so who knows how things will be then around the world, and here.heck we may be hit by an asteroid by then lol,, what happens in Afghanistan is really the hot topic along with healthcare...but that is not the topic here so im not changing the topic that is for wherever that topic is, this is about how bush lost the olympics, LMAO<< sorry i cant help it, lol, they should have sent good ole Bill Clinton to help obama.. i do believe obama since most countys have a more liberal stand on different issues than we have had, ,, is helping our image, but obama will have to go some to be as good as ole Bill was, he was indeed slick,

SSC

Admin
Clinton has a silver tongue much upstaging his wife. Obama just doesn't get it yet, what he used as his charm didn't work so now back to Bush bashing, always the excuse of desperate last resort.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum