You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 This is Sick and Exploiting Children on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:12 pm

SSC

Admin
Lyrics: Songs About President Obama
The following are the lyrics of two songs reportedly taught to a class at a New Jersey elementary school full of praises for the "great accomplishments" of President Obama.

FOXNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/24/lyrics-songs-president-obama/
Thursday, September 24, 2009

Song 1:
Mm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:
Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

2 sick and exploiting children on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:38 pm

trryvill

I am sorry to have to disagree, but it should be a honer to him and what better way to teach our children about our presidents but by song. And should AS WE THE PEOPLE be proud of the man we have elected to run our county a PROUD AMERICAN

3 Re: This is Sick and Exploiting Children on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:45 pm

SSC

Admin
I am sorry I didn't vote for the man and I don't feel praising his Accomplishments (??) are proper in school, stick to education and lessen homework burdens at night.

4 exploiting children on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 pm

trryvill

as well politics should stay out of the school then are you also saying are family services should stay out of the schools and stick to the basic.reading writing and arithmetic.Would we still have politicians and would we still have child abuse ,children need to see and learn all they can its not a easy world they ae growing up in

5 Re: This is Sick and Exploiting Children on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:15 pm

SSC

Admin
trryvill wrote:as well politics should stay out of the school then are you also saying are family services should stay out of the schools and stick to the basic.reading writing and arithmetic.Would we still have politicians and would we still have child abuse ,children need to see and learn all they can its not a easy world they ae growing up in

Politics should be for certain kept out of schools especially at a the lower levels. Higher levels can draw their own conclusions but don't expose your little ones to political garbage..Not all parents are on the same political side of the fence, all this does is set up confusion in little minds for no reason.
Not sure where you get your impression about family services, that wasn't even brought up here, but I will gladly comment on it. Family Services need to step up their involvement in the education system, many children come from abusive homes , drug infested environments, this should be investigated and corrected.
I think kids see the strife every day in school, more so than the teachers are aware of, but none of that has any thing to do with a song praising a President who really hasn't done much yet.

rosco 357

Veteran

7 Re: This is Sick and Exploiting Children on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:52 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
I thought THIS was obama's song, click the arrow at the top left of the video:

Last edited by runawayhorses on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : resized video)

8 Re: This is Sick and Exploiting Children on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:56 pm

SSC

Admin
Elementary School Students Taught to Sing Praises of President Obama
Nearly 20 young children are captured in an online video as they sing songs that overflow with campaign slogans and praise for "Barack Hussein Obama," as they repeatedly chant the president's name and celebrate his accomplishments.

FOXNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/24/elementary-school-students-reportedly-taught-songs-praising-president-obama/

The superintendent of a New Jersey school where students were videotaped being taught to sing the praises of President Obama issued a statement Thursday saying the taping was unauthorized, but failed to address whether the the lesson -- taught durnig Black History Month -- was approved.

A YouTube video shows nearly 20 young children being led in a song overflowing with campaign slogans and praise for "Barack Hussein Obama," repeatedly chanting the president's name and celebrating his accomplishments, including his "great plans" to "make this country's economy No. 1 again."

The video has set off families in Burlington, N.J., who say that politics shouldn't be forced on young students.

"This video is disturbing," said a grandparent named Sandy, who spoke on the condition that her last name not be noted. "I'm disturbed that someone can give their political opinions in school like this. I'm dead-set against it.

"We don't teach politics in pre-school -- or kindergarten or first grade," said Sandy, who told FOXNews.com she has two grandchildren attending B. Bernice Young Elementary School, where the video was filmed. "This has no place in the classroom. It may have been the opinion of one or two, and someone should pay the consequences for it."

School officials said Thursday the students were "singing a song about President Obama" in February "to honor the contributions of African Americans to our country."

"The recording and distribution of the class activity were unauthorized," wrote Christopher M. Manno, superintendent of Burlington Township School District, in a statement to parents.

One song that the children were taught quotes directly from the spiritual "Jesus Loves the Little Children," though Jesus' name is replaced with Obama's: "He said red, yellow, black or white/All are equal in his sight. Barack Hussein Obama."

Another lyric touts a fair-pay bill Obama signed in January: "He said we must be clear today/Equal work means equal pay."

The author of the songs is unknown, but a woman -- possibly a teacher -- can be heard in the beginning of the video correcting and helping a student who has forgotten the words. Another woman, the person holding the camera, cheers the students on: "All right," she says. "I like that."

Click here to see the full lyrics to both songs.

"Alteredbeat," the YouTube user who posted the video on the Internet, told FOXNews.com that the video was first put online by Charisse Carney-Nunes, an activist and author of the children's book "I Am Barack Obama," which her Web site says "allows children to see themselves through the inspirational story of President Obama." Carney-Nunes has been promoting the book during visits to schools on the east coast.

A poster for the book can been seen near the stage of the auditorium in the video of Bernice Young Elementary, but it is unclear whether Carney-Nunes had visited the school or was present during the filming.

"Alteredbeat" told FOXNews.com that he reached out to Carney-Nunes, who insisted that the program had been filmed in June as part of a Father's Day tribute to President Obama. "The kids made up the songs on their own," she wrote, according to the YouTube user.

"Alteredbeat" originally posted the video Sept. 6, two days before Obama made an address to the nation's schoolchildren in which he praised the American education system as the best in the world and urged students to stay in school.

"At the end of the day, we can have the most dedicated teachers, the most supportive parents, and the best schools in the world," Obama said.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum