You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

runawayhorses

Owner
I can't wait to see this next year when American Idol starts up again.
--

American Idol' exclusive: Avril Lavigne joins Katy Perry as guest judge in L.A.

Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/09/01/avril-lavigne-american-idol-judge/

gypsy

Tyler I think Avril would be a good judge/better than Ellen. because she has expertise

I don't think ellen does,, I do like Ellen in her field as a comedienne~

I will miss Paula

runawayhorses

Owner
gypsy wrote:Tyler I think Avril would be a good judge/better than Ellen. because she has expertise

I will miss Paula
Yes Avril does have more experience in the music business and would do better than Ellen, but Avril doesn't want to devote that much time to American idol, she always very busy, and even if they asked her I'm sure she would say no. She has her plate full right now producing/writing another album, has her new Abbey Dawn clothing line, and new perfume that was just recently put on the market (projected to earn her 50 million first year). She's doing TV specials and interviews during all of this at the same time, recording, writing, tv shows, tv interviews, radio interviews, throwing out the first pitch at baseball games,,ect. She would not accept a full time job as a American Idol judge, its not what she wants to do or be. Shes hot on the music scene and its what she loves, judging a TV talent program is not her first love, or anything she desires, its not her magic or talent. Shes a creator mostly, signing a contract to judge American Idol is not something Avril is interested in. She'll peruse all her dreams just like shes doing now, nothing is in her way, she is doing great financially, makes money at every turn. As well she should. Avril's American idol appearance will be perfect timing with release of her new album coming out about the same time AI kicks in, the timing couldn't be better. Great Management.

She also has "Cannon" cameras commercials already recorded and in the box, ready to be aired on national TV. She is with RCA (Mayor Label) along with her agents. Shes always been on top big time, and now shes about to go another round at the charts next year with the release of her new album. Should be interesting.

gypsy

she is a very Busy young woman
so creative. I will look for her perfume an clothing, will it be more for young women(clothing) I wonder

runawayhorses

Owner
gypsy wrote:she is a very Busy young woman
so creative. I will look for her perfume an clothing, will it be more for young women(clothing) I wonder
Yes she just has a young "preteens" line of clothing right now so its not for you...lol and she most recently introduced a regular teens line, I think it will expand even more it time. Shes catering to her market which is a lot of teens. However, she has a huge adult audience as well, people like me and Moon..lol But she appeals to a lot of age brackets, that is statistical fact. But her clothing line to date is for teens, I expect it to grow to a larger age bracket in a few years, as the company "Abbey Dawn" grows.

gypsy

haha Right Tyler,I think i am well past preteen

runawayhorses

Owner
American Idol on tonight, there is a stong possibility Avril will be on this one guest judging.

It could be next week shes on, I don't know.

gypsy

let us know Tyler would like to watch~

rosco 357

Veteran
gypsy wrote:Tyler I think Avril would be a good judge/better than Ellen. because she has expertise

I will miss Paula

i think u will see paula back as a judge in 2011 when simon cowell goes off american idol to do his new show here " X FACTOR" i read she might be a judge in his new show. that may have been the plan all along, as u know simon FULLER not cowel owns idol or however u word it , x factor will be simon cowells show and alot more bucks , i think its based on one in Britain he has, but this is not the gospel , i just think i read all this,i think fox said it will air the x factor,,i dont care for ellen a bit, surely they could have picked someone better, i had rather see fox mulder and scully as judges lol. no not really

runawayhorses

Owner
Its been reported that "Howard Stern" will take over Simon Cowell's position next year, or at least they are talking about it in contract negotiations. I hope it works out and they can come to an agreement. I was just talking about this the other day at home when asked who I'd like to see take over, I named a few names and Howard was one of them. He would be great. Very Interesting and funny.

Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview Part 1

Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview Part 2

Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview Part 3

rosco 357

Veteran
i read on aol just today, that the howard stern thing will not work on idol, they fear he would be to crude. the used the analogy, it would be like dipping a macdonald hamburger in chocolate, ,, i just read this, if i can i may paste it but i dont think i have time , time to get dressed for work, take care,

rosco 357

Veteran
'Idol' Doesn't Have Bleep Button Big Enough for Stern
142 CommentsBy Kara Warner Posted Feb 9th 2010 04:50PM
http://www.popeater.com/2010/02/09/american-idol-howard-stern/?icid=main

While we were shocked when Simon Cowell announced his 'American Idol' departure, we were not prepared for Howard Stern to throw his hat in the ring to be considered for Cowell's old gig. At first, we thought Stern might be joking about his 'Idol' interest, but after bringing it up on his show two days in a row, it's time to consider the pros and cons of a Stern/'Idol' pairing. Entertainment Weekly Senior Writer and resident 'Idol' expert Michael Slezak likens Stern on 'Idol' to combining chocolate with cheeseburgers. "They're two great tastes," Slezak tells PopEater. "But I don't necessarily know you'd want them together. They're very popular, but I think there's a reason McDonald's has never offered a chocolate-dipped cheeseburger. I think Howard Stern and 'American Idol' are pretty much a chocolate cheeseburger." Can America handle a chocolate, Stern/'Idol' cheeseburger? Vote after the jump.

On Monday, the shock jock addressed the situation on his radio show, saying he'd accept a seat in the judges' booth for the right price. "They'd have to pay me a ton of dough because I already make a ton of dough," Stern said. "For $100 million a year, to judge a karaoke contest? Ok. Why not?"

There's no question he'd be interesting, of course, but does Fox have a bleep button strong enough to contain Stern's notoriously outlandish and controversial remarks? The shock jock thrives on his free speech and has always been outspoken about censorship and the FCC, so it strikes us odd that he thinks he'd be perfect for a network TV show and its mostly middle America-based audience.

Slezak does not think Stern's reference to the ratings juggernaut as "an f---ing karaoke contest" bodes well for his securing a long-term gig.

"I think his comments disqualified him for the position before it's even begun," Slezak says. "Say what you want about Simon, he's tough on the contestants, he's known for his pointed barbs, but he cares about the outcome of the show. It's one of the most important qualities of being a judge on that panel. You can get away with pretty much anything up there, as Simon has proven, as long as you care about the outcome and you care about the fact that the winner of this show is going to go on to do well. ... Howard Stern kind of flies in the face of that goal."

On the pro side, TV producer Michael Avila thinks Stern would provide a "massive adrenaline shot to the heart" of the show.

"He would be a tremendous 'get' for 'Idol,'" Avila tells PopEater. "He has an enormously loyal following that would very likely tune in just to hear what he would say, and he would earn whatever astronomical salary he would demand due to the press he would generate."

On the other hand, and given Stern's flair for the outrageous, Avila says Fox would be entering potentially dangerous territory in signing him. "This is a guy who built an empire around sexually primitive behavior. Imagine what he'll say to the next girl who auditions in a bikini? And can you imagine how vicious he'll be during Hollywood week? It could be awesome TV, but it could also be disastrous. Fox should start an FCC fund if they hire him."

Which, according to Slezak and his insider sources, is not likely to happen. "In conversations I've had with people close to the show, they say the process of casting a replacement for Simon has just begun," Slezak says. "There is a long list of people who are interested in the job and that there is no front-runner. It's hard to not think [Stern] is using this as a salary negotiating point."

gypsy

Good, I hope he doesn't become a judge, he is just to much shock to the system. and he is very crude has no feelings for humanity
~~
just my two cents worth,I don't like him at all..

runawayhorses

Owner
gypsy wrote:Good, I hope he doesn't become a judge, he is just to much shock to the system. and he is very crude has no feelings for humanity
~~
just my two cents worth,I don't like him at all..
That's pure BS. Howard is a good Man. Everything he says on his radio show is for ratings. Its an act. In real life hes very kind and caring, actually even shy. If he was on American Idol he would act and behave himself accordingly. He is very Intelligent and knows how to act for the right venues. He won't break any rules to the show. Good grief, he knows broadcasting and knows he can't do his radio show material on American Idol. Hes a professional. I think he would be a great choice. The top of my list of possibilities.

trryvill

I hate Howard Stern,,I would never watch American Idol again if he became a judge......

runawayhorses

Owner
trryvill wrote:I hate Howard Stern,,I would never watch American Idol again if he became a judge......
I'm sure the show would suffer as a result of you not watching.. lol!

Lots of people have mixed emotions about Howard, thats nothing new. I like him, you "Hate" him. He has a mostly all Male audience, so its not surprising you don't like him. Whatever. His audience is big and he would bring more people to watch the show if anything else. The dislikers of Howard will still watch the show, because its Interesting. Howard is Interesting and smart. The show will work with Howard, its the next big choice for the show. He has high ratings and will help the show in the absence of Simon Cowell. They need someone big to fill his shoes. Howard can do it. He's music oriented and has even recorded music soundtracks, not to mention all the TV he has done. He'll steal the show. It could be awesome if Howard gets the job. Good TV for everyone to see. He'd be a hit.

Just my opinion...

trryvill

tell me is it really Howard Stern you like or just all the girls that is on his show??Him alone I don't think so.....He could never fill Simon Cowell shoes ..Not to mention Simon is hot and Howard is not!!! cheers

runawayhorses

Owner
No, the girls on his show are mostly to me a distraction to the actual root and Interest of the show, Howard is at his best doing Interviews and talking to people.,, just my opinion. Howard Stern is bigger than Simon Cowell as far as success in broadcasting goes. I'm not taking anything away from Simon Cowell, hes great, and has had a lot of success, but the reality is Howard Stern is doing better. Hes the highest paid Entertainer in US history. But I guess Simon is from the UK so maybe that doesnt count.

But Howard, like him or not, is successful, and will take the American Idol to the next level. Which in my belief, will do great. Thats assuming of course that can work out a deal with him.

You don't like him? Thats fine. But you know of him, and you WILL watch the show. You know deep down inside thats true. You want to be entertained, and Howard can deliver. You will watch the show like it or not because you're Interested.

gypsy

I don't hate anyone//well the devil/ yes/evil yes..
I do not like Howard Stern,I will promise if he does become a judge//I will not watch..

I think he would have to deliver a different image//his show is mostly men/that is ok/my man doesn't like him either.. he is a shock to the senses ,and so is his show//just my thoughts

(squeeze) on rebuff lol!

trryvill

thats a girl you go !!!!this parts for HOward

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum