You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:58 am

gypsy

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/01/22/cnn-obama-debunk/

CNN Debunks False Obama ‘Madrassa’ Smear

Last week, Fox News and other Rupert Murdoch outlets amplified a right-wing report alleging that Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) attended an Islamic “madrassa” school as a 6-year-old child. One Fox News caller questioned whether Obama’s schooling means that “maybe he doesn’t consider terrorists the enemy.” Fox anchor Brian Kilmeade responded, “Well, we’ll see about that.”

Commenting on this report today, Wolf Blitzer said that CNN had done “what any serious news organization is supposed to do in this kind of a situation”: actually investigate and learn the facts. CNN’s Senior International Correspondent John Vause filed a report from I

In the report, Vause says, “I’ve been to those madrassas in Pakistan … this school is nothing like that.” He also interviews a classmate of Obama’s who says the school was not even strictly Muslim; it also taught Christian, Buddhist, and Confucian students.

My words.. old news yes but just one of many showing Fox is not rliable news source..

2 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 am

runawayhorses

Owner
Why do you think FOX is any different than ABC, CBS or MSNBC, CNN? They all get and present their news/facts pretty much the same way. I see nothing wrong with FOX.

3 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:02 am

gypsy

because I don't see,read news debunking them ,these certain news channels.
never seen a news item that was proven false from abc,nbc.cbs .

the news caster at fox put their own opinions, it suppose to be straight news, not a talking heads show..

4 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:36 am

gypsy

OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

5 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:50 am

gypsy

OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism >>my words i couldn't get video to embed

Outfoxed examines how media empires, led by Rupert Murdoch's Fox News, have been running a "race to the bottom" in television news. This ... all » film provides an in-depth look at Fox News and the dangers of ever-enlarging corporations taking control of the public's right to know. Outfoxed examines how media empires, led by Rupert Murdoch's Fox News, have been running a "race to the bottom" in television news. This fil...all » Outfoxed examines how media empires, led by Rupert Murdoch's Fox News, have been running a "race to the bottom" in television news. This film provides an in-depth look at Fox News and the dangers of ever-enlarging corporations taking control of the public's right to know.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cleaned up multi copies of the same content.)

6 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:55 am

runawayhorses

Owner
Fox News Channel (FNC) is an American cable news and satellite channel owned by the Fox Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of News Corporation. As of April 2009, it is available to 102 million households in the U.S. and further to viewers internationally, broadcasting primarily out of its New York City studios.

The channel was created by Australian-born American media mogul Rupert Murdoch, who hired Roger Ailes as its founding CEO. The channel was launched on October 7, 1996 to 17 million cable subscribers. The network slowly rose to prominence in the late 1990s. In terms of regular viewers (Nielsen Ratings), Fox News rates as the United States' number one cable news network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel
----

People like to say FOX expresses conservative bias in their news reports, I think when FOX has a special "SHOW" featuring a talk-show host its going to have opinions in it, that's understood, but when they actually just tell the news, they are the same as any other news broadcast.

So what if they have programs that the shows host may lean more conservative or liberal, its just a show for ratings, nothing more nothing less, its entertainment marketing.

FOX always differentiates between the actual "News" and those type entertainment shows. Fox is doing nothing out of line or wrong in my opinion.

7 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:59 am

gypsy

here is the video

8 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:49 pm

gypsy

the one article was copied more than once don't know how that happened.

9 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:20 pm

We've been here before so I didn't have much to add until I saw Keith Olberman for the first time. My niece called and said "Ya gotta see this clown". I did and I was amazed. I had been thinking O'Reilly was overdoing his disdain for Olberman since I thought NO commentator could be THAT weird and still have a job. Hannity's one sidded comments are over the top for me,so I don't watch him any more without some balance from Colmes but he NEVER indulged in the blatant character assassination Olberman does. Pure hatred crudely expressed. I see some conservative partisanship from FOX anchors but the reportage is generally inclusive and always ends, "we report,you decde". Olberman is vicious,nasty, and poisonous while Chris Mathews is syrupy pro-liberal to the point of nausea. No wonder people are turning them off. GE/NBC is clearly a mouthpiece for the Obama admin and can only hope GE keeps funding their agit-prop operation while their ratings fail. I guess if GE reaps the windfalls looming with the adoption of cap and trade, they will have had a success. But the people want news,not propaganda. Murdoch's goals are ratings,not PC,and he is succeeding.

10 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:38 pm

gypsy

gypsy wrote:

OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

on this video you have to click the arrow on bottom of the little screen..
Wow! George Carlin was even out drowned, in one clip,I didn't agree with a lot on Carlin I did like him,a lot of his stuff was funny.

11 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:33 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
meemoon wrote:We've been here before so I didn't have much to add until I saw Keith Olberman for the first time. My niece called and said "Ya gotta see this clown". I did and I was amazed. I had been thinking O'Reilly was overdoing his disdain for Olberman since I thought NO commentator could be THAT weird and still have a job. Hannity's one sidded comments are over the top for me,so I don't watch him any more without some balance from Colmes but he NEVER indulged in the blatant character assassination Olberman does. Pure hatred crudely expressed. I see some conservative partisanship from FOX anchors but the reportage is generally inclusive and always ends, "we report,you decde". Olberman is vicious,nasty, and poisonous while Chris Mathews is syrupy pro-liberal to the point of nausea. No wonder people are turning them off. GE/NBC is clearly a mouthpiece for the Obama admin and can only hope GE keeps funding their agit-prop operation while their ratings fail. I guess if GE reaps the windfalls looming with the adoption of cap and trade, they will have had a success. But the people want news,not propaganda. Murdoch's goals are ratings,not PC,and he is succeeding.

i have posted some of this marc has in this his post, i keep fox on most the time, but hannity i agree with marc, he interupts ppl and over talks them, it was ok when alan colmes was on with him, fox does seem to be or have more conservative shows,well some very conservative and make no bones about it. and it is a lot of shows,and some anchors seem to lean to the right is my opinion... u can't do just news 24 hours so there are alot of shows . and msnbc seems to be more liberal.i have not watch msnbc much. as fox is getting a bit far out to me, i have started back some on watching cnn. that i feel i was raised on lol, but years back, it was called by the conservatives , the "Clinton cable network", so this has been around for a long time. its also been pointed out fox mainly hires blond women, there are alot of them, lol, i do like oreilly most the time, but im at work when most all this is on anyway but i agree with marcs post, i cant do hannity, and i posted this just days ago, im sure marc may remember on cnn, the show " point counter point" that had a host from both sides, i dont think its still on but it might be, but i will not watch a show unless it has 2 different views,to keep it honest, and i can compare. its a shame there is not some way to keep political advertisements honest,be it election or just laws before the legislature they twist facts and leave things out and it pisses me off, take care

12 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 pm

I still watch and will continue to watch CNN HLN. They are guick,international, and have a huge news gathering operation. I've pretty much given up on the big 3 but I'm gonna wait and see what Diane Sawyer does on ABC. I love seeing/hearing that woman but I'm not sure I'm employing objectivity. I like mature blondes myself. (BUT I DON'T WANNA SPANK HER!, TYLER!)

13 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:53 pm

gypsy

Hey Rosco it even states in one article that f fox has its on brand of "blonde" for those umm females, I don't call them news casters lol!

14 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:40 pm

SSC

Admin
FOX stays on my tv, I do surf over to CNN and HLN , I bypass ABC and NBC like the plague. If I want up to date news which FOX has shown they are on the ball in reporting I rely on them.
As far as the night commentary shows, some are so blantly blunt they scare people , especially those people who don't totally comprehend the topic matters.

15 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:52 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
meemoon wrote: I'm gonna wait and see what Diane Sawyer does on ABC. I love seeing/hearing that woman but I'm not sure I'm employing objectivity. I like mature blondes myself. (BUT I DON'T WANNA SPANK HER!, TYLER!)
i have always liked Diane Sawyer. i hope she does well , i will be at work so i will miss seeing her,,,she seems to have class,

16 Re: Fox news> debunked on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:56 pm

gypsy

I love Dianne Sawyer~Ii hope she continues to be a news caster.I wish her all the best.

17 Re: Fox news> debunked on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:00 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
meemoon wrote:BUT I DON'T WANNA SPANK HER!, TYLER!
lmao, Well that's good to know, neither do I..

18 Re: Fox news> debunked Today at 12:16 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum