You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

Veteran
i like this place, i may have posted it before, and i think u can click the meter for something and it give u what is going on on that issue, i just like the format it uses, and i had forgot i had it in favorites, just go there, but dont just look at the meters , click and let it explain it, so here is the url , just check it out,

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/

gypsy

good place Rosco,I like it also..

rosco 357

Veteran
gypsy wrote:good place Rosco,I like it also..

yes they seem to go to great lengths to explain how they arrive at what is actually the truth or not, and by the way a meter with pants on fire is a lie, lol, but click under the meter and read , they do a great job, take care

SSC

Admin
Very good site Rosco..

I like the meters and the associated stats,but The St. Petersburg Times is a VERY liberal publication as shown by their biased account of Obama's promises kept/broken on the Obameter. Most of those 19 "promises kept" were about irrellevancies (Promise to get kids new puppy???) while those listed "promises broken" did NOT say a thing about the failure to create 2 1/2 miilion new jobs or keep the unemployment below 8%. I wasn't disappointed that he didn't keep those promises since I never believed he could but BS is BS. Nor was I disappointed that he didn't summarily remove our troops from Iraq or immediately close Guantanamo, but you KNOW the liberals were. And everybody is happy he didn't (foolishly) invade Pakistan. But I added the site to my fav list.

gypsy

Well he has 3 years to work on those problems. still early, tackling economy,which is improving, jobs which unemployed has dropped, moving the troops ouit of Iraq, closing gitmo is in the works~ in 7/8 months he has created improvement,an the health care will be a biggie,

rosco 357

Veteran
meemoon wrote:I like the meters and the associated stats,but The St. Petersburg Times is a VERY liberal publication as shown by their biased account of Obama's promises kept/broken on the Obameter. Most of those 19 "promises kept" were about irrellevancies (Promise to get kids new puppy???) while those listed "promises broken" did NOT say a thing about the failure to create 2 1/2 miilion new jobs or keep the unemployment below 8%. I wasn't disappointed that he didn't keep those promises since I never believed he could but BS is BS. Nor was I disappointed that he didn't summarily remove our troops from Iraq or immediately close Guantanamo, but you KNOW the liberals were. And everybody is happy he didn't (foolishly) invade Pakistan. But I added the site to my fav list.

marc i forget where but its always there, it may be on aol welcome screen, but its somewhere i go, it has a list of all of obama pre election promises and how many have been done , what are in the works and which have not been done,etc.. when i find it i will post it, thanks,

"marc i forget where but its always there, it may be on aol welcome screen, but its somewhere i go, it has a list of all of obama pre election promises and how many have been done , what are in the works and which have not been done,etc.. when i find it i will post it, thanks,." ///That's what I was reading.

SSC

Admin
gypsy wrote:Well he has 3 years to work on those problems. still early, tackling economy,which is improving, jobs which unemployed has dropped, moving the troops ouit of Iraq, closing gitmo is in the works~ in 7/8 months he has created improvement,an the health care will be a biggie,

I see very little on the economy improving, unemployment is teetering on another plunge, military heads are saying it may be 30 years till Iraq is wrapped up.Gitmo is still up in the air as I believe is was Minnesota residends are up in arms about the possible transfer of prisoners , NO ONE wants to take the risk of having the murders in their back yard..
We are 1.8 trillion in debt highest amount in history and this medical plan can cost another trillion. 1.8 billion for clunkers and the program has not worked as it was suppost to. I don't see alot of improvement in 7-8 months just alot more long term debt. Now he is tramatizing people with an incomplete health care plan..

gypsy

I disagree, most of the deficit he did inherit, that can't be denied,if he can fix it,i say go for it~ an it is improving, it will be a slow process~Anyway i pray it will, improve more,I don't think anyone else could do better..

11 To SSC: on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:56 am

"I see very little on the economy improving, unemployment is teetering on another plunge, military heads are saying it may be 30 years till Iraq is wrapped up.Gitmo is still up in the air." (etc.) There are so many 800# gorillas in Obama's living room,it ain't funny. And the cynicism? The Dems are already claiming that the expected defeat of Obamacare WAS A REPUBLICAN PLOT ALL ALONG! The Amercan people (organized un-American mobsters) had nothing to do with it! I'm surprised they aren't blaiming this farce on GW though even the Dems must know they wore that rag out. The best outcome? The government passes laws that allow interstate coverage, forbids pre-existing condition exclusions, requires job-to-job coverage, and requires after termination extension of employer provided coverage. The last three features will add to the costs for the insurers,but the first feature will allow insurerers to compete on a nationwide basis much as auto insurers do now and force down price. Theory? No. I get insurance quotes every 6 months and save money. Will that insure everyone? No. But we don't have the staff or the infrastructure to provide that and we can't afford to train over a million healthcxare workers and doctors to provide that or buy the equipment and facilities. Sad but true.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum