You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

rosco 357


Veteran
meemoon wrote:Sarah Palin was the successful and popular governer of our largest state and she is a "dumbass"??? On what do you base that assessment? Since you disagree with her views,should she assume YOU are a "dumbass"? One can put all kinds of lipstick on the Obamacare bill that one would like to,BUT....it WILL result in rationing. It must. Where are all the additional doctors,nurses,lab techs,therapists,etc., gonna come from? Do you know? If you know,tell us. Government b'crats will be making life or death decisions,not doctors. FACT. There will be a limited amount of tests to be done,surgeries and treatments to be administered, therapies available. FACT. You may fight with your insurers,but there will be NO fighting with the government.Will there be unlinited care expenses for patients? Of course not. There will be lists and whether or not you live will be dependent on where you fall on that list. FACT. There are only 2 doctors in my town of 10,000 who will see Medicare/Medicaid patients and that is typical. FACT. Universal healthcare is a DREAM this country is NOT prepared for (Opinion supported by facts) You tell me how the government can create over a million healthcare workers overnight. Will the government be empowered to FORCE doctors to treat Medicare/Medicaid patients? Am I a "dumbass" for not having the answers to these questions? Let's hear some answers instead of name calling.

hey marc, i only said that because or her death panel statement, insurance companies or familys actually, are the ones that do it right now everyday,, they decide about issues of living wills, when to pull the plug, etc, between the family and dr and sometimes lawyers, all the amendment did was pay the dr for the consultation as now the family has to pay him for it, but since there is so much controversy over what is already being done it now is being taken out of the bills, charles grassley stated, is all i ment, but i am backing off the healthcare as i told u, what will happen will happen, since the government option the administration has been said they can live without now, my senator richard shelby, of course a republican said today on tv , would help the bill proceed. but i will just take a wait and see how it goes now, its to far off from a vote , things will change, but do now think something will pass, and tyler u do know that head was put on that body, its not real, but still nice to look at lol, yall take care, walmart time, oh and as i stated my mother in law did not want to be resuscitated in her heart surgery if things went bad, they did and she died, she met with the dr and wrote out her wishes along with her daughters, again all take care,

runawayhorses


Owner
Yes I know it was a fake pic, but a good one. It leaves the imagionation wide open. But yes, I know its not real, I thought that was obvious.

Just having fun.

As far as Gypsy's post, I think palin did a lot to help Alaska. Complain and bitch all you want, but the reality is she helped that state. Don't ask me for facts, I'm not prepared at this moment to show them, but everyone knows she did good things, and made a name for herself in do so.

Moon or someone else might like to fill everyone in on her good deeds, I'm not prepared right now. I'd have to do some research but I have too much on my plate right now, I'll post later those stats if need be.

gypsy


Moderator
hey Tyler
I am just going by what is being stated by the people now. but if facts can be shown, I will concede. I don't think she is smart ehough to be president, Congenial and determined yes.
I guess bottom line, I don;t like her, she is fake, with wink, wink, and good ole boys persona~ but if she has what it takes then go for it. what will be, will be..I would rather have Hillary :) just my opinion/thought

gypsy


Moderator
meemoon wrote:Sarah Palin was the successful and popular governer of our largest state and she is a "dumbass"??? On what do you base that assessment? Since you disagree with her views,should she assume YOU are a "dumbass"? One can put all kinds of lipstick on the Obamacare bill that one would like to,BUT....it WILL result in rationing. It must. Where are all the additional doctors,nurses,lab techs,therapists,etc., gonna come from? Do you know? If you know,tell us. Government b'crats will be making life or death decisions,not doctors. FACT. There will be a limited amount of tests to be done,surgeries and treatments to be administered, therapies available. FACT. You may fight with your insurers,but there will be NO fighting with the government.Will there be unlinited care expenses for patients? Of course not. There will be lists and whether or not you live will be dependent on where you fall on that list. FACT. There are only 2 doctors in my town of 10,000 who will see Medicare/Medicaid patients and that is typical. FACT. Universal healthcare is a DREAM this country is NOT prepared for (Opinion supported by facts) You tell me how the government can create over a million healthcare workers overnight. Will the government be empowered to FORCE doctors to treat Medicare/Medicaid patients? Am I a "dumbass" for not having the answers to these questions? Let's hear some answers instead of name calling.

Meemoon,I think you probably have me on ignore.
what facts? your post looks like your opinion to me, just like ours does
as far as name calling, umm I remember! yes indeed..being called (Dumbass)

I see nothing you state as fact.

I think Palin is very dumb to say the elderly being counciled at end of life,living wills an hospice care,making the comment of "Death Panels" is dumb, an for her to dangle her baby into this subject is also dumb
now that is my opinion..
as far as her being successful for Alaska from what i read she came in with a surplus an quit on a deficit, she did more harm than good~ it is all in Wikipedia~

runawayhorses


Owner
Give me a break..

Introduction

Some of Sarah Palin's Accomplishments will be listed and detailed here. She has been the Governor of Alaska for two years and Mayor of Wasilla Alaska for ten years. She also served as President of Alaska Conference of Mayors and was also a City Council member (1992-1996).

AGIA License bill signed August 27, 2008. Energy Package signed August 25, 2008. Administrative Order 242 signed August 20, 2008.


When an official is elected to office, he/she should be elected according to past history and accomplishments.


AGIA License bill signed August 27, 2008

House Bill 3001 for awarding a contract to TransCanada Alaska for developing and building a pipeline stretching for 1,715 miles from the Prudhoe Bay treatment plant to Alberta Canada.

Natives of Alaska have dreamed of a pipeline for more than 30 years. Sarah Palin in less than two years got the bill passed and the framework is now laid for them to move forward with the project.

Governor Palin said. “This legislation brings us closer than we’ve ever been to building a gas pipeline and finally accessing our gas that has been languishing for so many decades on the North Slope.”

More than 36,000 miles of pipeline is now operated by TransCanada Corporation in North America. They have built many pipelines also and are appreciative of the Governor's suport.


Energy Package signed August 25, 2008.

House Bill 4001 and Senate bill 4002 were signed into law by Governor Palin on August 25, 2008. SB 4002 pays $1,200 to each resident who qualifies. The money for these payments comes from the state's natural resource revenue. This bill also suspends the state's tax on gasoline.

“Alaskans who signed up for direct deposit will see these funds on September 12, along with their dividend,” said Governor Palin. “In rural Alaska, particularly, many people are facing a choice between feeding their families and heating their homes, and they could use this payment from the state's energy-generated surplus to cover some of those bills.”

She also signed a proclamation declaring September to be energy efficiency month in Alaska. She encourages residents to use energy more efficiently during this month.


Administrative Order 242 signed August 20, 2008.

This order puts together a co-op of the Department of Natural Resources and the Department of Revenue to work with organizations who wish to commercialize Alaska's North Slope natural gas.

"This solidifies our commitment to facilitating an LNG project that is a product of market interest,” Governor Palin said. “By committing both project capital and natural gas resources to a pipeline that would transport North Slope natural gas to tidewater, an LNG project can remain an integral element of the state’s effort to deliver Alaska’s gas to market"

The Order encourages the departments to support any who are pursuing development of natural gas projects which are liquefiable and economic.

---



I think that's enough for now..

gypsy


Moderator
a lot of that is still pending .I read where the gym is still in litigation over land, she left the state not as good shape as she found it~health care was not good,people were afraid to speak out against her because she had lists for vengeance.I can put a video here put it would be called a place that supports Democrats~ I see not much here, but the videos were
worth it lol!

32 pipeline will carry on without Palin on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:51 pm

gypsy


Moderator
http://newsminer.com/news/2009/jul/11/palin-leaving-alaska-gas-pipeline-plans-continue/

my words> I do acknowledge her touting this accomplishment~

Palin leaving, but Alaska gas pipeline plans continue

Dan Joling/The Associated Press

Published Saturday, July 11, 2009



ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Gov. Sarah Palin's unexpected midterm departure should not affect the project she touted as one of her primary successes, a massive natural gas pipeline, according to state lawmakers and sources in the industry.

Construction of a multibillion dollar pipeline tapping Alaska's vast North Slope gas fields instead will hinge on market forces and tax terms to be set by state lawmakers.

"This project will be successful depending on the economy of building it, the fiscal certainty associated with it and the gas markets," said Marilyn Crockett, executive director of the Alaska Oil and Gas Association.

Palin announced last week she would not seek a second term next year and would quit at the end of July with more than a year left in her first term to avoid being a lame-duck governor.

Former House Speaker John Harris, R-Valdez, said the state process for encouraging a pipeline can continue without Palin.

"I don't think it will make any difference," said Harris, who will challenge Palin's successor, Lt. Gov. Parnell, for the Republican gubernatorial nomination in 2010.

Spokesmen for two pipeline proposals said they will continue preliminary work with an eye to seeking commitments from producers for pipeline space next year.

"Our plans haven't changed," said Tony Palmer, TransCanada's vice president of Alaska development.

"We remain on track to hold our open season next year," said Dave MacDowell, spokesman for Denali-The Alaska Gas Pipeline. "Everything we're doing is focused on that important milestone."

Competition from cheaper sources of natural gas are more likely to sink an Alaska gas pipeline than the absence of Palin.

Alaska gas will include the cost of shipping over a line that carries a conservative cost estimate of $26 billion, and perhaps as high as $40 billion, according to Palin. A pipeline as envisioned could ship up to 4.5 billion cubic feet of gas per day and represent a construction boom putting Alaskans to work for most of a decade.

As proposed, a pipeline could cover 734 miles in Alaska before continuing nearly 1,000 miles through Canada to a distribution hub in Alberta.

A natural gas pipeline on the scale of a trans-Alaska oil pipeline has been a dream of Alaskans for more than three decades.

Palin's immediate predecessor, former Gov. Frank Murkowski, negotiated with major petroleum producers in private for terms of a prospective pipeline. His plan included a promise that Alaska would lock in tax rates for up to 45 years.

In her drive to be governor, Palin castigated Murkowski for secretive negotiations and trounced him in the 2006 GOP primary. She offered voters the promise of open negotiations and the result was the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act, passed with strong bipartisan support.

The law set up a state pipeline license and the promise of $500 million in reimbursement to a successful bidder. That company, TransCanada Corp., agreed to build a pipeline under terms that include future open seasons for new gas that's discovered.

TransCanada last month announced it was teaming with Exxon Mobil Corp. to jointly advance a pipeline project.

Palmer, the TransCanada vice president, said the company looks forward to working with Parnell. More than 70 people from TransCanada and Exxon are working on a pipeline, along with 110 contractors. The work includes design, engineering and environmental studies with an eye toward a cost estimate at the end of March and an initial open season - where it's hoped that producers will bid on space in the line to ship the gas - at the end of July 2010.

"We believe that Lt. Gov. Parnell will also be a very strong proponent of the project," Palmer said. "We're encouraged that he'll be keeping the same administration in place."

Palin's pipeline push is credited with motivating two other producers, BP and ConocoPhillips, to combine on a competing project, Denali.

Construction is far from certain, however. The companies that would build it must be sure their investment would be profitable.

Exxon Mobil, which holds the most reserves in Alaska, wants assurance that Alaskans will not raise tax rates after companies commit billions to the massive project. That could put state leaders into the same negotiation position as Murkowski.

Rep. Harris said that in every conversation he's had with Exxon officials, they have made clear that they want a stable tax structure.

"Without some sort of long-term fiscal certainty, there's not going to be a project," Harris said.

Such questions could be answered well after Palin's term was due to end in December 2010.

State department of Natural Resources Commissioner Tom Irwin said Palin provided good leadership to get a project to this point. Alaska has major producer interested in the state's abundance of cleaner energy that will reduce America's dependence on foreign oil with a structure that will encourage more exploration.

"All of the fundamentals are in place, and this will keep moving," Irwin said.


.

runawayhorses


Owner
Glad you enjoyed it. I don't support your dislike of Palin, but thats your choice. You want to make her out as a villain I won't stand in your way, all I know is she did good things.

gypsy


Moderator
I didn't delete a post, we can't do that anymore.
I was copying this about the pipeline~ well enough about palin from me,I don't think she is a villain Ijust don't like her,I don't think she is ready to be a president or any political figure and with her quitting that makes it even more so~~

runawayhorses


Owner
Whatever..

runawayhorses


Owner
If you think for one minuite I'm going to let you walk on me with your convoluted statements, then think again. You can do that to others, but I'll break you in conversation, consider that before you post. I might not need to thou and I prefer to let others more knowledgeable in politics handle it, but Moon will come back and support with "facts" what I have said. I'm not big on politics and you all know that, but Moon and others are, and they will deal with you, provided they don't have you on ignore.


Yes you're pissing me off......but thats Ok, I'm allowed to get pissed off too.



Last edited by runawayhorses on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

gypsy


Moderator
runawayhorses wrote:If you think for one minuite I'm going to let you walk on me with your convoluted statements, than think again. You can do that to others, but I'll break you in conversation, consider that before you post. I might not need to thou and I prefer to let others more knowledgeable in politics handle it, but Moon will come back and support with "facts" what I have said. I'm not big on politics and you all know that, but Moon and others are, and they will deal with you, provided they don't have you on ignore.


Yes you're pissing me off......but thats Ok, I'm allowed to get pissed off too.

huh! are you to talking to me Tyler,?

runawayhorses


Owner
Who do you THINK I'm talking to? of course you...

gypsy


Moderator
ok Embarassed

runawayhorses


Owner
Bottom line is, don't make me go after you and have to put together a perfect informative post that counters yours complete with facts and statements that destroys yours.. It will take time and effort and I don't feel like it right now, but don't push me...

rosco 357


Veteran
lmao, gee this is fun, maybe i was a tad strong in the dumgass statement, i do think macain would have been better off with Romney. but not at first, i did not mean to involve the whole insurance policy in my statement, but only the death panels, and i will not post the whole article , which is about droping the government option the white house decided today, in favor of co-ops, , and this statement was made about co-ops,

"Conrad, chairman of the Senate Budget Committee, called the argument for a government-run public plan little more than a "wasted effort." He added there are enough votes in the Senate for a cooperative plan."

all i was saying and probably used strong language is what is being said in washington , i can give the url for any that feel a need for it, for co-ops which this statement is in, this is all i mentin my palin statement , but i apologize to no one, but here is the statement,in the article which sums up my thoughts, in a more milder way, lol

"Congress' proposals, however, seemed likely to strike end-of-life counseling sessions. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has called the session "death panels," a label that has drawn rebuke from her fellow Republicans as well as Democrats."

it was said the co-op plan is like any co-op member owned, just like any elecrical co-op ( which i am on at the lake) and any agricultural co-op,,just gives competition to insurance companys to hold down premiums, again if u feel a need for the url, just ask those 2 sentences just addressed my interest, oh im eating walmart catfish lol take care.

SSC


Admin
Sounds like the co-op plan may be what will be pushed now with the White House backing down on the medical options plan...
Palin is a typical mother concerned about her child's medical coverage and children like him, no way in hell should this be deemed exploiting her child that is ludicrous and utterly ridiculous. Gyp you yourself stated you had trouble getting coverage for your daughter, you should be the one sympathetic to this issue, it isn't a Repub. or Dem. issue but one of life saving medical coverage.
There is a snake in the woodpile on the end of life counseling. It should have been dropped . How many people do you honestly know that go to a Dr. for info . Living wills and medical directives are all easly printed off the net and then you just have it notorized along with power of attorney papers. Very simple not involving a Dr. in any way.

As`far as the Grand Junction meeting Gyp heard the same thing I did..There was no mention as allowing travel for treatment out of your area period. You take what is offered in your area, as Obama said a line had to be drawn on expanded care.

gypsy


Moderator
yes I did state trouble on getting help/for my daughter..
that is what this bill is for/to correct/right?

I disagree.on Palins purpose,thats my opinion,I have no farther post on this woman or subject,if she wasn't seeking limelight,then I apologize,but I will not condone her actions~ she is shaker /mover with no rational reason.. an who gets in her way!! woo watch out!! good to a point// she went to far in all of her accusations/
/we all have that right,I respect your posts,if you like her, that is your right,just as my right I don't like her,as you stated its political.//can that be a legit statement?

SSC


Admin
Had Palin not posted on Facebook alot of people would never been given the chance to voice opposition to a very sneeky part of this bill. She brought it into the open thus the White House backed down. American public are finally speaking out for their rights.

gypsy


Moderator
SSC wrote:Had Palin not posted on Facebook alot of people would never been given the chance to voice opposition to a very sneeky part of this bill. She brought it into the open thus the White House backed down. American public are finally speaking out for their rights.
to me it was not sneaky,it was a misunderstanding~

gypsy


Moderator
rosco 357 wrote:lmao, gee this is fun, maybe i was a tad strong in the dumgass statement, i do think macain would have been better off with Romney. but not at first, i did not mean to involve the whole insurance policy in my statement, but only the death panels, and i will not post the whole article , which is about droping the government option the white house decided today, in favor of co-ops, , and this statement was made about co-ops,

"Conrad, chairman of the Senate Budget Committee, called the argument for a government-run public plan little more than a "wasted effort." He added there are enough votes in the Senate for a cooperative plan."

all i was saying and probably used strong language is what is being said in washington , i can give the url for any that feel a need for it, for co-ops which this statement is in, this is all i mentin my palin statement , but i apologize to no one, but here is the statement,in the article which sums up my thoughts, in a more milder way, lol

"Congress' proposals, however, seemed likely to strike end-of-life counseling sessions. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has called the session "death panels," a label that has drawn rebuke from her fellow Republicans as well as Democrats."

it was said the co-op plan is like any co-op member owned, just like any elecrical co-op ( which i am on at the lake) and any agricultural co-op,,just gives competition to insurance companys to hold down premiums, again if u feel a need for the url, just ask those 2 sentences just addressed my interest, oh im eating walmart catfish lol take care.

don't about fun,I have different versions of fun,butI got my ass sit down !! which we all need now an then:lol!:

rosco 357


Veteran
gypsy wrote:don't about fun,I have different versions of fun,butI got my ass sit down !! which we all need now an then:lol!:

no u dont u have as much right to an opinion as anyone here, if u dislike someone in politics, thats fine, everyone dislikes someone, dont back down, but as i said i m going to take a wait and see on health care, but ur opinion of say palin , u have just as much right to express its as anyone here even the boss, lol. besides he is asleep lmao...

gypsy


Moderator
I agtee,I also will wait an see,,I hope for the best for American??my people/your people// My God// the people !!no one should hurt, Get off your ass!! do something>>

Guest


Guest
SSC wrote:....Soune co-op plan may be what will be pushed now....
I have not read what the "gang of six" are studying, but here is my take on "co-op care": My mom has a number of chronic illnesses and sees a doctor (of several doctors) at least once a week. She was hospitalized 3 times last year and once,so far,this year. She pays South Carolina Blue Cross-Blue Shield for her supplemental coverage,a non-profit "co-op" type entity. She has NEVER been turned away by her doctor of many years. She has NEVER had to wait for her many tests,treatments,therapies. Under gov't single payer insurance, many employers and individuals (most?) will DROP private/co-op coverage since one has to pay for it, and will be FINED if they don't sign up for Obamacare. Those co-op and private insurers will lose their financial and "risk base" and close their doors. Health care is personal as it gets,and I personally know that my mother is TERRIFIED,as she should be,that she will wind up on a "list" and die untreated in a timely way. Scare mongering? I can only hope that I am wrong. I invite anyone to show me that I am.

Guest


Guest
Tyler wrote: "...provided they don't have you on ignore." (I did that months ago.)

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum