2 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:49 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
"Bump"

First bump,..lol

3 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:08 pm

runawayhorses wrote:"Bump"

First bump,..lol
What does this mean? (I've always wondered)

4 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_%28Internet%29

5 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:27 am

I don't get it. It was already at the top of the thread. It STARTED the thread and will always be at the top.

6 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:54 am

runawayhorses

Owner
No, this topic (thread) was about middle ways down the topics page. When someone posts a new video in this section of the forum (creates a new topic) that post will be at the top of the page, or if someone replies to a post that topic will take the top position. The newest posts made in a topic, that topic assumes the top position in the topics list.

When someone replies to a post it puts that thread at the top of the page above all the other topics. The newest replies to a topic will assume the top position at the topics main page. By me replying "bumping" it put this topic/thread at the top of the page.

Hope that helps

7 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:04 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
meemoon wrote:I don't get it. It was already at the top of the thread. It STARTED the thread and will always be at the top.

no marc it will not stay at the top, if someone replys to another topic , that topic someone replyed to goes to the top, at that point. i think just a reply will do it, if im wrong someone correct me, like in video vault a song can be down the line or another page, if someone makes a reply say while listening to that song it will go to the head of the classs, or top of the first page, someone correct me if im wrong,, i have bumped things up before

8 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:14 pm

gypsy

there wasn;t any posts or videos but the howard stern interview til now~an the videos are still first, aren't they?

9 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:16 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Correct rosco.

10 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:53 pm

You goofs. You "bumped" it to the top of the topics list, not the thread, as you stated, so your explanation made no sense to me.The thread started with the vids,and they will always be at the beginning (top) of the thread, as I stated. I use to coach literacy,so if ya'll ever need any more help with definitions.......

11 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:55 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
I give up and concede,,you win Moon. I wasn't very clear on my explanation, that was a failure on my part. My terminology wasn't accurate. I was winging it basically trying to explain it at the best I could.

Glad you understand now anyway.

Yes I need help with definitions, I'm an illiterate a-hole when it comes to language. I sometimes wonder if I'm in the wrong field of interest having a forum. Maybe I should stop posting and just run the forum (CODING), yeah maybe that's the ticket. Seriously, I've considered this.

I can definitely imagine myself being a behind the scenes guy, that appeals to me.

12 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:24 pm

"I can definitely imagine myself being a behind the scenes guy, that appeals to me" /// Oh HELL no! Roscoe is too easy going. You must remain up front and subject yourself to the same pain and humiliation we all experience. It is your destiny.

13 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:29 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Oh my,... OK.. Embarassed

Thanks Moon

14 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:17 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
gypsy wrote:there wasn;t any posts or videos but the howard stern interview til now~an the videos are still first, aren't they?
Gypsy, If I understood what you were saying I might be able to respond to you with an informative answer, unfortunately I didn't grasp what you are trying to convey.

Meaningless to me...

15 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:16 pm

gypsy

ok there wasn't any thing but the videos here, so why the bump?I do sometime have a hard time writing what I mean~ don't we all?

16 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:30 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
The "bump" was to push this topic to the top of the topics list, no other reason.

Hope you understand now, becuase I can't say anymore to explain further. I've reached my capacity to explain anymore than I have done, I literally have nothing more I could possibly add that could clarify what I have already said.

Have a nice day..

Last edited by runawayhorses on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

17 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:08 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Gypsy, how do you set up a website table by specifying certain attributes for your table (numbers of columns, rows, border size, etc.?)

The cells that hold the drivers name have a different width and color to the other cells in the table and a certain class technique is used, but in the Style Sheet the attributes for this class of cell are defined. So would you please explain to me how this all works?

Thanks,..

18 Re: Bill O'Reilly: Howard Stern interview on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:55 pm

gypsy

Well Tyler,Ii haven't a clue,I have never sit up a website, I am computer dumb, you know that

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum