You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nightowl on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:58 am

gypsy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_owl_(person)

Night owl (person)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Night Owl.

Night owl is a term used to describe a person who tends to stay up until late at night.
Owls, like this one in Poland, are often nocturnal.

The term is derived from the primarily nocturnal habits of the owl. Usually, people who are night owls keep awake past midnight and extreme night owls may stay awake until 5:00 AM or later.

Some night owls have a preference or habit for staying up late, or stay up to work the night shift. Other night owls, however, who have great difficulty adopting normal sleeping and waking times may have delayed sleep phase syndrome.

Preference for a dark nighttime world is called nyctophilia or scotophilia.

The opposite of a night owl is an early bird, lark as opposed to owl, someone who tends to begin sleeping at a time that is considered early and also wakes early. In several countries, early birds are called "A-people" and night owls are called "B-people". Researchers traditionally use the terms morningness and eveningness.[1]

2 Re: Nightowl on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:16 am

runawayhorses

Owner
I am definitely an "early bird" and always have been. I got used to getting up early with school and then working, I've always had to get up early, so now I still do by habit. I can stay up late if I want, I mean I don't HAVE to go to bed early and sometimes don't, but I always wake up with the chickens.

3 Re: Nightowl on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:15 pm

gypsy

I get up early,but I am really not a morning person.

4 Re: Nightowl on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:29 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
My body I think is used to getting up early, its kinda the way I trained it by repetition. I've always had to do that, get up early.. But I really like the mornings, and have never been a night owl.

5 Re: Nightowl on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:36 pm

gypsy

As Ihave gotten older I am more of a morning person , but i use to really be a night owl

6 Re: Nightowl on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:42 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
20 years of 2nd shift till midnight and sometime overtime till 4 am, and i always even as a kid on saturdays liked to sleep late, and now, i get off work at 3 am so i do good to get to bed by 4:30 am,, i wake up hurting, but its from the work,, when i was on days, i hated the 4:30 am alarm clock, but its because i stayed up till like 11 or midnight, i actually get more sleep now, i set the alarm for 11 am now, i was sleeping later, but i hate to sleep till it work time again lol, but im glad to just be working, many ppl are not,
i too have never been a morning person, at the lake i sleep till 9 atleast, the grandids wake me up if they are up there, i stay up late watching movies there,

7 Re: Nightowl Today at 12:18 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum