You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gypsy

I agree he is the king of picking~~

runawayhorses

Owner
Excellent very clean, I like that. It sounds like a Gibson Epiphone semi-hollowbody, I know he played Gibsons anyway. I'm not sure what style of acoustic guitar he played.

rosco 357

Veteran
my dad like chet atkins alot. also eddie arnold, and floyd cramer, anyway, i have his albums from the 60s and i think chet has one or more LPs in the stack, and Sons of the Pioneers , which i think roy rogers was a part Sons of the pioneers, he loved the song
"cool water" i think was the name

runawayhorses wrote:Excellent very clean, I like that. It sounds like a Gibson Epiphone semi-hollowbody, I know he played Gibsons anyway. I'm not sure what style of acoustic guitar he played.
I believe every pic I've seen of him shows him with a big Gibson or a Greitsch. I had a friend of my mom's give me some pointers about 40 years ago and allowed me to practice on his big Greitsch. Chet Atkins plays a lot of acoustic (classical and Iberian) and there is no name on the machine head. Probably a custom. Willy has played his custom so long,he has worn a hole next to the sound hole.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum