You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

Veteran
MY WORDS : i am not sure why i have not took the time to check this out, i have seen her picture, and knew there was a story, yall may have seen this, and its old news, but anyway, here it is, SUSAN BOYLE

By now at least 30 million people worldwide (roughly the same number who view the Oscars, or the Super Bowl) have watched an extraordinary clip from a popular UK show called "Britain's Got Talent." A dowdy, 47-year-old virgin named Susan Boyle takes the stage, wearing her low heels and her Sunday best. The crowd laughs at her, and Boyle - how devastating - laughs along. She says she wants to be a professional singer; people laugh harder and louder. They point. It's grammar school and the Roman coliseum combined. Simon Cowell - panelist and show creator - rolls his eyes. And then Susan Boyle sings.

In the past five days, Susan Boyle has been invited to appear on Oprah, interviewed on all three network morning shows and covered by news outlets all over the world - many of which have descended on her hamlet, where she lives alone with her cat, Pebbles. She is the favorite to win the competition and it's likely she'll sing for the Queen. Cowell will probably sign her to his record label.

But there is something disturbing about the collective rejection-embrace-elevation of Susan Boyle. There is the element of self-congratulation in the viral spread of this link around the Web, the idea that we, the secondary viewers, the judges of those who are judging, are far more evolved. There is the clip itself, suspiciously ready-made for online consumption: A 7-minute movie, slick and pithy in its perfect execution of the underdog narrative. (That something like "Rocky" took two hours to tell now seems antediluvian.) There is the classic David vs. Goliath subplot, the primal satisfaction of seeing the bully (Cowell) slain by such a seemingly inferior force. And there is the profound desire for this entire thing to be authentic, which in and of itself suggests that it probably isn't. Not since P.T. Barnum has there been a show business master of the trompe l'oeil like Simon Cowell.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04182009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/fairytale_ending_165066.htm

gypsy

what a beautiful voice~I have seen some of her interviews, she seems very nice..

SSC

Admin
I do hope she is for real, she has a beautiful voice and stopped Simon in his arrogant tracks...

rosco 357

Veteran
oh i think she is real , no doubt, i think the question this article holds is did simon already know how good she was, but played dumb, to enhance all this, is what i take from the article, but i dont know the author of the article or if he has some anti simon cowell in him.. i am happy for the lady, take care

runawayhorses

Owner
She must be for real becuase you can't fake singing good, I mean, either you can sing or you can't, you can't act like you're a good singer without lip syncing to someone else's voice, and she obviously wasn't. So the question is did the shows producers including Simon Cowell know beforehand about how good this singer was and did they stage it so she would appear like the underdog in a Rocky movie. Well, even if they did I don't see that it matters, so what if they set it up, she can sing good and that's all that really matters. Its not American Idol where they are looking for attractive role model contestants that will be making popular music videos where looks are important to record labels success. The point is "looks" matters in a show like that, and Britain's Got Talent is not about the entire package that includes how someone looks, its about Talent and nothing else.

Its obvious why they were laughing at first, a 47 year old very unattractive woman with unstylish clothing trying to win a talent show that is reminiscent of American idol (that also has Simon Cowell) where most everyone is young and attractive, or at least physically attractive to the general public to some degree, where Susan Boyle is not. People have gotten used to contestants being attractive to some degree to have any chance of winning these TV talent shows.

gypsy

Very Good point,Tyler and true.
exactly my thoughts.Glad you said them.
I think the entertainment field has gone overboard with looks ,anyway.
Simon is a turd LOL

rosco 357

Veteran
if u watch american idol , many many timed simon criticizes what the american idols wear and their hair, even when it gets down to the last few, im sure its all about money with simon, which is perfectly fine, hey im all for making a buck as long as no one is hurt, and i see nothing but positive things, but in the end, simons opinions are for the most part on target, american idol is hunting a good singer, but also someone that can be a star and artist and sell records, he is hunting in idol the whole package, idol will be down to 2 ppl i have already picked them lol, but its tough, there are many good ones, tuesday nite is disco nite, this week, the 21st

gypsy

I haven't watched it at all this session, but i will watch it tomorrow~ I enjoyed it but seem like i couldn't get in the groove, and something seem to be coming up for me to do, which kept me from watching~ some good talent has come from American Idol~

Simon is still a turd~ but he is right on the target most time~ lol!

rosco 357

Veteran
well gypsy, i think and some others ppl i know think this year has the best tallent maybe ever, i think it will come down to adam and the red haired girl that is only 16 but im out on a limb on the girl, but these are all so good many of them will have recording contracts, unless adam really screws up , he is in a league of his own,,paula said he is the bravest contestant that has ever been on, as he take on songs and changes them, and works wonders on them , every week ppl wait to see what he does.. take care
oh i record idol as i am HOUSE now, hey u could record oreilly,, it comes on at 7 ur time lol.he had Juan Williams on tonight , amoung others,

gypsy

haha!no thanks !I will skip O'rilley

rosco 357

Veteran
gypsy wrote:haha!no thanks !I will skip O'rilley

alot of things he sells on his web sight and such he give to charity , really he has a good show . and he takes both sides , thats why his show is in the number one slot,
plus he give a new word at the end of the show, a word i never have heard, lol,

gypsy

Ok I may watch it LOL

rosco 357

Veteran
gypsy wrote:Ok I may watch it LOL

well idol and oreilly come on the same time, i dont record or watch oreilly every nite, just some, i learned last nite oreilly went to harvard, i remember when he was on long ago on a show like gee, one of those late afternoon like first edition ????? if not that a show like it, but now he hit the big time,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum