You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:07 pm

gypsy


Moderator
Two months into the era of Obama

It still surprises me every time I get an email from Barack Obama in my inbox. The President is communicating with me?!? Really? Obviously it's not actually Barack sending me messages, but the fact that he has staff dedicated to communicating with millions of Americans is pretty incredible in and of itself.

After Obama won, the emails didn't stop. It's so logical, yet so groundbreaking. I would posit that Obama is the first President to keep his campaign machine alive--now it's called Organizing for America. Brilliant.

Obama is certainly getting things done in these first months in office. His first 100 days aren't over yet and already we've seen the global gag rule disappear, Guantanamo's future is looking bleak and now a removal of the embryonic stem cell funding ban. Then there is the stimulus package and his new budget.

So after two months, I'm feeling pretty good about Obamas. I've had my frustrations, particularly with his pandering to Republicans who then don't support him anyway, but overall it's been an incredible shift in the way government has worked.




http://www.feministing.com/archives/014128.html

2 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:45 pm

SSC


Admin
Posted by Miriam - March 09, 2009, at 05:21PM | in Politics


This was left out Gyp from your blog site, giving credit to the person who wrote your article.

3 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:04 pm

gypsy


Moderator
if you will look at the bottom of my article you will see the url i didn't delete anything~I never claimed to write this ,but i do continue getting emails from Obama staff

4 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:08 pm

gypsy


Moderator
here it is i just didn't copy all of it but all u have to do is click the url but here it is in its entirety





Two months into the era of Obama

It still surprises me every time I get an email from Barack Obama in my inbox. The President is communicating with me?!? Really? Obviously it's not actually Barack sending me messages, but the fact that he has staff dedicated to communicating with millions of Americans is pretty incredible in and of itself.

After Obama won, the emails didn't stop. It's so logical, yet so groundbreaking. I would posit that Obama is the first President to keep his campaign machine alive--now it's called Organizing for America. Brilliant.

Obama is certainly getting things done in these first months in office. His first 100 days aren't over yet and already we've seen the global gag rule disappear, Guantanamo's future is looking bleak and now a removal of the embryonic stem cell funding ban. Then there is the stimulus package and his new budget.

So after two months, I'm feeling pretty good about Obamas. I've had my frustrations, particularly with his pandering to Republicans who then don't support him anyway, but overall it's been an incredible shift in the way government has worked.

What do you all think of Obama so far?
Posted by Miriam

5 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:30 pm

SSC


Admin
One would assume from your post you were applying the question of opinions on Obama ???
But having read your complaint about people 'pouncing' on your replys I will assume you don't want the interaction or commentary that would follow such an open request for opinions. Don't point a loaded gun if you don't intend to shoot it.

6 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:34 pm

gypsy


Moderator
cheers lol!

7 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:50 pm

gypsy


Moderator
SSC wrote:One would assume from your post you were applying the question of opinions on Obama ???
But having read your complaint about people 'pouncing' on your replys I will assume you don't want the interaction or commentary that would follow such an open request for opinions. Don't point a loaded gun if you don't intend to shoot it.

no proplem SSC i know your opinion, that is why i left the commentary out ..t I copied and pasted is an agreement from me of the article i posted by Miram. as far as my opinions i have them , just like you do, the pointing out of me not putting credit for the post was something u picked at,as usual, and as usual i responded` I think our President is doing a great job, in respect to what diasters he was left with..now i fired my gun`

and i point out again all u had to do was click the url~~ the info was there..

8 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:53 pm

runawayhorses


Owner
gypsy wrote:if you will look at the bottom of my article you will see the url i didn't delete anything~I never claimed to write this ,but i do continue getting emails from Obama staff
In all defense of Gypsy, yes she did leave a link to the article, and that is really all that is needed when posting a copy and paste. However, leaving the name of whoever wrote it is also nice, but not required. Perhaps SSC didn't recognize the link, its a honest mistake. No harm no foul.

9 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:00 pm

SSC


Admin
Thank you Tyler, you are correct I didn't recognize the site so when I went to it and realized it was nothing more than a blog and not a credible news source I posted the true author.....my bad Rolling Eyes

10 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:05 pm

gypsy


Moderator
SSC wrote:Thank you Tyler, you are correct I didn't recognize the site so when I went to it and realized it was nothing more than a blog and not a credible news source I posted the true author.....my bad Rolling Eyes


that is why i put in chat forum and not news or that type forum because it was an opinion and blog~ no problem

11 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:08 pm

gypsy


Moderator
runawayhorses wrote:
gypsy wrote:if you will look at the bottom of my article you will see the url i didn't delete anything~I never claimed to write this ,but i do continue getting emails from Obama staff
In all defense of Gypsy, yes she did leave a link to the article, and that is really all that is needed when posting a copy and paste. However, leaving the name of whoever wrote it is also nice, but not required. Perhaps SSC didn't recognize the link, its a honest mistake. No harm no foul.

thank you Tyler for clearing that up~ I will remember to put a name and all correct info desired my SSC from now on.. LOL

12 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:14 pm

runawayhorses


Owner
No, a link is all you need to do. But now I realize SSC was just pointing out the source of your material, and wasn't really complaining about a link, just wanted everyone to know who wrote it, so perhaps I stuck my nose in where it didn't belong..lol

13 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:15 pm

SSC


Admin
What ever floats your boat Gyp. I don't pay attention to blogs anyway.

14 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:16 pm

SSC


Admin
Tyler, you are doing a good job....your point was appreciated.

15 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:20 pm

gypsy


Moderator
then why did you read it and make an argument of it~ when u found out it was a blog? I agree with miram opinion i don't care if anyone else doesn't i am firm in my belief and thoughts that Obama will be a good president, i believe you jump the gun a bit give him some time` it has nothing to do with the dems/repubs it is united we stand` is that gun enough?

16 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:37 pm

SSC


Admin
Show me were I made an argument Gypsy, I posted what you had left off, when I looked at the site I thought it was another credible news source...wrongggggggggg....I was under the impression months back we had agreeded to NOT post from blogs, maybe I was wrong... I am giving Obama a chance, I have no choice do I . I'm not black and I am not poor but thanks to Obama I am damn sure unemployed. Now you show me where he is helping me . I had a damn good job till his ass got into office, with the tax hikes he has implemented he sealed my future. I have no use for the man never have and never will. I hope he falls flat on his face and the next administration use him as a door mat to get in the white house. BANG

17 Re: 2 months into on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:46 pm

gypsy


Moderator
if it was a news source i would have put it as one

u pounce and pick on anything i post,,it was very simple after you went to the site that it was a blog, if u don't read or care, why respond? it was an opinion i agreed with, that is why i posted it~ I do believe we all have that freedom, i disagree with lots of ur articles/opinions but i don't point out that ur wrong or whatever, i expect the same respect if you can't then ignore me, u ask me to shoot my gun,I pointed.. i am.. is that all now? is this the end of this discussion that u started the picking on? an apology to me for calling me out?? ummm?I won't hold my breath

18 Re: 2 months into on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:08 am

gypsy


Moderator
SSC wrote:Show me were I made an argument Gypsy, I posted what you had left off, when I looked at the site I thought it was another credible news source...wrongggggggggg....I was under the impression months back we had agreeded to NOT post from blogs, maybe I was wrong... I am giving Obama a chance, I have no choice do I . I'm not black and I am not poor but thanks to Obama I am damn sure unemployed. Now you show me where he is helping me . I had a damn good job till his ass got into office, with the tax hikes he has implemented he sealed my future. I have no use for the man never have and never will. I hope he falls flat on his face and the next administration use him as a door mat to get in the white house. BANG

also SSC jobs were going out before Obama took office u can blame past administration for that, but u can't see that?? two months into a presidential office does not faze your job that started long back when ummmm was elected~~ get the drift?

19 Re: 2 months into on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:32 am

SSC


Admin
Gypsy you know you posted a crap blog..if it was YOUR opinion then why not suck it up and put YOUR own words and not some dime a dozen crack pot from a blog. I could smear blogs all over here but they are not worth the time nor the page space. If I want to put down an opinion it is damn sure gonna be my own, I don't need to search blogs for someone elses words on a subject, I always thought you were well versed to create your own posts guess I was wrong. My bad again. If you don't agree with a news article I post then no one is stopping you from posting your opinion but yourself. If you can't take the heat stay out the kitchen........and as far as my job till Obama babbled removing the tax on upper income I had a great job, but to tax from 35% to 39.5% was more than my boss could afford, but just think Gyp. now I can draw unemployment and get foodstamps and medical compliments of the tax payers..works for me ...

20 Re: 2 months into on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:43 am

gypsy


Moderator
see now you turn it around no opinon is crap.. u pounced!! simple..

u didn't like my post so u back peddle to be right?? who is right you/me WHO!! on this downhill slide I blame Bush for 8 years maybe it goes back farther~ then show me .instesd of copying news crap that can't be proved like u accuase me of~I read the stuff here that two people post,, and laugh,,because?? u did the same to me on what i posted about Bush and you think ur news fox is truth?? lol



Last edited by gypsy on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

21 Re: 2 months into on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:45 am

gypsy


Moderator
gypsy wrote:see now you turn it around no opinon is crap.. u pounced!! simple..

u didn't like my post so u back peddle to be right?? who is right you/me WHO!! on this downhill slide I blame Bush for 8 years maybe it goes back farther~ then show me .instesd of copying news crap that can't be proved like u accuase me of~I read the stuff here that two people post,, and laugh,,because?? u did the same to me on what i posted about Bush
oh yes I have seen a few blogs from u,, also that to me is a real thought//not aa doctored media

22 Re: 2 months into on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:49 am

gypsy


Moderator
SSC wrote:Gypsy you know you posted a crap blog..if it was YOUR opinion then why not suck it up and put YOUR own words and not some dime a dozen crack pot from a blog. I could smear blogs all over here but they are not worth the time nor the page space. If I want to put down an opinion it is damn sure gonna be my own, I don't need to search blogs for someone elses words on a subject, I always thought you were well versed to create your own posts guess I was wrong. My bad again. If you don't agree with a news article I post then no one is stopping you from posting your opinion but yourself. If you can't take the heat stay out the kitchen........and as far as my job till Obama babbled removing the tax on upper income I had a great job, but to tax from 35% to 39.5% was more than my boss could afford, but just think Gyp. now I can draw unemployment and get foodstamps and medical compliments of the tax payers..works for me ...
heat?? the kitchen is my realm

23 Re: 2 months into on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:50 am

gypsy


Moderator
gypsy wrote:
SSC wrote:Gypsy you know you posted a crap blog..if it was YOUR opinion then why not suck it up and put YOUR own words and not some dime a dozen crack pot from a blog. I could smear blogs all over here but they are not worth the time nor the page space. If I want to put down an opinion it is damn sure gonna be my own, I don't need to search blogs for someone elses words on a subject, I always thought you were well versed to create your own posts guess I was wrong. My bad again. If you don't agree with a news article I post then no one is stopping you from posting your opinion but yourself. If you can't take the heat stay out the kitchen........and as far as my job till Obama babbled removing the tax on upper income I had a great job, but to tax from 35% to 39.5% was more than my boss could afford, but just think Gyp. now I can draw unemployment and get foodstamps and medical compliments of the tax payers..works for me ...
heat?? the kitchen is my realm
I am very well versed, ur apology on overlooking? BS so check it twice before the bad also when do u put into own words? u c/p

no it was no more crap than Fox news or any other one

24 Re: 2 months into on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:59 am

SSC


Admin
MY WORDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GYPSY YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.....

25 Re: 2 months into on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:04 am

gypsy


Moderator
blaming Obama is an easy out for you republicans, who have worshiped Duba for eight years, u can't see this?? Obama did not create this chaos~~ oh well ur a person who thinks him/herself always right,that is why we get into this defunct!! well this kitchen has produced enough heat and voice her opinions


good Night

26 Re: 2 months into Today at 3:50 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum