it sounds delicious, think I will prepare it for brunch today
* 3/4 cup(s) olive oil
* 1 1/2 pound(s) Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
* 2 cup(s) sliced yellow onions
* 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
* 6 whole(s) eggs
* 1 teaspoon(s) pimenton, (see Tips)
* 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
* 1. Heat the oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, add the potatoes, and cook, turning frequently, for 10 minutes.
* 2. Stir in the onions and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Continue to cook for 25 more minutes until vegetables are tender.
* 3. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the oil and transfer the vegetables into a bowl. Wipe the skillet clean.
* 4. Beat the eggs, pimentón, and remaining salt and pepper together and stir in the vegetables. Heat 1 tablespoon reserved oil in the skillet over medium-low heat.
* 5. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook until just set -- 5 to 7 minutes. Loosen the sides with a spatula, place a heat-proof plate facedown over the skillet, and invert the tortilla.
* 6. Heat remaining oil in the skillet over low heat. Slide in tortilla, cooked side up. Cook for 3 more minutes. Slide tortilla onto a plate. Cool slightly before serving.
Tips & Techniques
Pimentón is a spicy, smoked paprika from Spain. Find it at www.tienda.com.