The Mall
The Country Club
The Beauty Salon

Southern girls know the 3 deadly sins:
Having bad hair and nails
Having bad manners
Cooking bad food

More Suthen-ism's:
Only a Southerner knows the difference between a hissie fit and a conniption fit, and that you don't 'HAVE' them, you 'PITCH' them.
_____

Only a Southerner knows how many fish, collard greens, turnip greens, peas, beans, etc, make up 'a mess.'
_____

Only a Southerner can show or point out to you the general direction of 'yonder.'
_____

Only a Southerner knows exactly how long 'directly' is, . as in: 'Going to town, be back directly.'
_____

Even Southern babies know that 'Gimme some sugar' is not a request for the white, granular sweet substance that sits in a pretty little bowl in the middle of the table.
_____

All Southerners know exactly when 'by and by'! is . They might not use the term, but they know the concept well.
_____

Only a Southerner knows instinctively that the best gesture of solace for a neighbor who's got trouble is a plate of hot fried chicken and a big bowl of cold potato salad. If the neighbor's trouble is a real crisis, they also know to add a large banana puddin!
_____

Only Southerners grow up knowing the difference between 'right near' and 'a right far piece.' They also know that 'just down the road' can be 1 mile or 20.
_____

Only a Southerner, both knows and understands, the difference between a redneck and a good ol' boy

No true Southerner would ever assume that the car with the flashing turn signal is actually going to make a turn.
_____

A Southerner knows that 'fixin' can be used as a noun, a verb, or an adverb.
_____

Only Southerners make friends while standing in lines, ... and when we're 'in line,' . we talk to everybody!
_____

Put 100 Southerners in a room and half of them will discover they're related, even if only by marriage.
_____

In the South, y'all is singular, all y'all is plural.
_____

Southerners know grits come from corn and how to eat them.
_____

Every Southerner knows tomatoes with eggs, bacon, grits, and coffee are perfectly wonderful; that red eye gravy is also a breakfast food; and that fried green tomatoes are not a breakfast food.
_____

When you hear someone say, 'Well, I caught myself lookin',' you know you are in the presence of a genuine Southerner!
_____

Only true Southerners say 'sweet tea,' 'sweet milk,' and 'light bread' Sweet tea in dicates the need for sugar and lots of it -- we do not like our tea unsweetened. 'Sweet milk' means you don't want buttermilk. And 'Light bread' is white bread.
_____

And a true Southerner knows you don't scream obscenities at little old ladies who drive 30 mph on the freeway. You just say,'Bless her heart' .. and go your own way.

To those of you who are still a little embarrassed by your Southerness: Take two tent revivals and a dose of sausage gravy and call me in the morning Bless your heart!
_____
And to those of you who are still having a hard time understanding all this Southern stuff, . bless your hearts, I hear they are fixin' to have classes on Southernness as a second language!
_____

And for those that are not from the South but have lived here for a long time, all y'all need a sign to hang on y'alls front porch that reads 'I ain't from the South, but I got here as fast as I could.'

Southern girls know men may come and go, but friends are fahevah

If you're a Northern transplant, Bless your little heart, fake it!
We know you got here as fast as you could.

2 Re: Southern Women on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:20 am

runawayhorses

Owner
Very cool I like that. Heres some good southern lyrics.

Hank Williams, Jr. - Outlaw Women

She works in the bank and she works in the store
And she don't go for that old stuff anymore
likes to get high and listen to the band
she likes to make love to her kind of man
these outlaw women, first of their kind
Outlaw women they got here right on time
Outlaw women don't need any guns
Outlaw women just out for fun

In many ways she's a lot like me
She don't give a damn 'bout society
Might be little rich girl, or she might be poor
she Might be a married woman that needs a little more
shes a outlaw woman, first of her kind
these outlaw women ridin' high in seventy-nine
outlaw women don't need any guns
these outlaw women were just out for fun

Some call her a lady some call her other names
But you wont ever call her that around me and my gang

3 Re: Southern Women on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 pm

SSC

Admin
That is cool Tyler, I like that.

4 Re: Southern Women on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:21 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
reading the southern women, well i love many movies, but one that touched me as i read the list it brought to mind, i bought it a few weeks ago to watch it again,, was
Message in a bottle.. but i like Robin Wright Penn, so its not all rocky movies for southern men LOL king

5 Re: Southern Women on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:23 pm

gypsy

SSC good ones,I liked..

Tyler love the song Outlaw women..

I think rolling stones made it popular and then Hank~~

6 Re: Southern Women on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:50 am

runawayhorses

Owner
I don't think so Gypsy, I don't remember the Stones ever doing that song. Hank Williams, Jr wrote it, and I don't think anyone else ever recorded it without him in it also. I know Waylon Jennings is heard on that recording, but no Mick Jagger. Very Happy

7 Re: Southern Women on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:36 pm

gypsy

You right Tyler,..
I must have been thinking of something else~anyway I like the song.

8 Re: Southern Women on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:19 pm

That is so cute, SSC.

In the early 70s shortly after my hubs was out of the service, we headed out to Florida for a week or two. We took our time getting there as we passed through the "deep south". We met so many interesting characters.

We still remember one older guy at the fueling station in Mississippi who said to us as we drove off. "Y'all come on back now, yah hear"? We had buttered grits for breakfast in another stop we made.

We did not have a lot of money to spend on lodging, so one night in Louisianna, we slept in a motel that only had screen doors to separate us from the world outside. It was a safer world then, no doubt. That would be unheard in today's world.

That trip was one of the most rememorable vacations for us. If we can ever retire, we plan to travel that part of the United States again. The Northern part of the U.S. lacks the charm of the south, I think. One trip north was enough for us.

9 Re: Southern Women on Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:23 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
hi figi , i guess i thought texas was like the deep south here, as i have said many time, seveal years ago, going to the lake, ppl on the front porch to a person would wave at u as u passed by,, and in the deep south its a " gas station" lmao,,,,, i guess since texas was in the confederate states i assumed, there was no difference, like the grits thing, anyway in my life time as u know so many things have changed and for the best, some things like what u said about the screen door, has,but not for the best, as a child we never locked our doors, and i was raised in what would now be called a suburb community, we knew all our neighbors, i know only two or talk to two, well enjoyed ur post, and glad to see u post .. oh i guess u know ur ass is missing in christmas sig, ,lmao,, or really as,, take care

10 Re: Southern Women on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:50 am

rosco 357 wrote:hi figi , i guess i thought texas was like the deep south here, as i have said many time, seveal years ago, going to the lake, ppl on the front porch to a person would wave at u as u passed by,, and in the deep south its a " gas station" lmao,,,,, i guess since texas was in the confederate states i assumed, there was no difference, like the grits thing, anyway in my life time as u know so many things have changed and for the best, some things like what u said about the screen door, has,but not for the best, as a child we never locked our doors, and i was raised in what would now be called a suburb community, we knew all our neighbors, i know only two or talk to two, well enjoyed ur post, and glad to see u post .. oh i guess u know ur ass is missing in christmas sig, ,lmao,, or really as,, take care

A "gas station" here could be any one of the Mexican Food Joints.

I think the food type thingo is probably more cultural than defined by region. Texas was a Confederate state and every once in a while, we see a "Rebel" flag" painted on a pickup truck, but not that often. lol! The further east in the state one travels, the more likely they are to see those and sometimes even a raccoon tail on an antenna. Some things never change.

I do ,too have a Christmas siggy ! "Merry Christmas"

11 Re: Southern Women on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:20 am

runawayhorses

Owner
rosco 357 wrote:.. oh i guess u know ur ass is missing in christmas sig, ,lmao,, or really as,, take care
I've read this part over and over again and I still don't have a clue what hes talking about. Does it mean rosco thinks another "S" should be at the end of Christmas so it looks like this (Christmass) or does does he mean he can't see her signature?? affraid

12 Re: Southern Women on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:30 pm

SSC

Admin
FIGI wrote:That is so cute, SSC.

In the early 70s shortly after my hubs was out of the service, we headed out to Florida for a week or two. We took our time getting there as we passed through the "deep south". We met so many interesting characters.

We still remember one older guy at the fueling station in Mississippi who said to us as we drove off. "Y'all come on back now, yah hear"? We had buttered grits for breakfast in another stop we made.

We did not have a lot of money to spend on lodging, so one night in Louisianna, we slept in a motel that only had screen doors to separate us from the world outside. It was a safer world then, no doubt. That would be unheard in today's world.

That trip was one of the most rememorable vacations for us. If we can ever retire, we plan to travel that part of the United States again. The Northern part of the U.S. lacks the charm of the south, I think. One trip north was enough for us.

FIGI, if you ever get down this way again, please let me know , I would love to show you some true Southern hospitality, I have a huge house with plenty of room, you are more than welcome to stay awhile.

13 Re: Southern Women on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:01 pm

SSC wrote:
FIGI wrote:That is so cute, SSC.

We did not have a lot of money to spend on lodging, so one night in Louisiana, we slept in a motel that only had screen doors to separate us from the world outside. It was a safer world then, no doubt. That would be unheard in today's world.

That trip was one of the most rememberable vacations for us. If we can ever retire, we plan to travel that part of the United States again. The Northern part of the U.S. lacks the charm of the south, I think. One trip north was enough for us.

FIGI, if you ever get down this way again, please let me know , I would love to show you some true Southern hospitality, I have a huge house with plenty of room, you are more than welcome to stay awhile.

That would be great fun ! Thank you! I will keep that in mind and the same invitation goes if you ever make it to West Texas.

( Maybe a wind storm will come along and you can see one of our "tumbling weed" rodeos without leaving the patio!) *Chuckle*

14 Re: Southern Women on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:06 pm

runawayhorses wrote:
rosco 357 wrote:.. oh i guess u know ur ass is missing in christmas sig, ,lmao,, or really as,, take care
I've read this part over and over again and I still don't have a clue what hes talking about. Does it mean rosco thinks another "S" should be at the end of Christmas so it looks like this (Christmass) or does does he mean he can't see her signature?? affraid

I think he meant, I haven't been here much as in "my a**" has been missin' ! Maybe he will tell us when he gets here! lol!

15 Re: Southern Women on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:15 pm

gypsy

speaking of windstorms~~Oklahoma, we visited this year

I was shocked,,I thought it would be desert,,but it was green

a beautiful State

16 Re: Southern Women on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:24 am

rosco 357

Veteran
FIGI wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:

I think he meant, I haven't been here much as in "my a**" has been missin' ! Maybe he will tell us when he gets here! lol!

NO FIGI, i ment even with my screen maxed and i have a 19inch, in christmas, on ur signature on my pc half of ur last a in christmas was missing and the s at the end was missing, i was teasing about ass, ofcourse, i ment as, or half the a, and all the s, so i guess if the rest can see all of it . its somthing with my pc, but my screen is maxed out, sorry for all the confusion figi and gypsy, i thought yalls screen would look like mine, on mine u can see where ur sig stops at the right like its to long, lol on the mexican gas thing, take care,

17 Re: Southern Women on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:33 am

rosco 357

Veteran
well tonight i can see the whole a, but not the s, but no tyler i know its just one s at the end of christmas, i see my spelling proceeds me lmao,, really if i look close even thought its black i can see the line of her box the sig is in, and the s cut off, gee and i thouht saying ass was funny, but u thought i could not spell, lmao,, well atleast yall had a puzzle today, take care, this was funny, sorry i got on so late, so many things to do and so little time,

18 Re: Southern Women on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:58 am

rosco 357

Veteran
welli tryed to adjust my screen to the right as far as i could go, but it did not change figis sig for me, actually im a bit to far left,

19 Re: Southern Women on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:20 am

rosco 357

Veteran
OK OK I changed my resolution and that fixed it, i upped it some, lol,, now i missed my sleep window lol, in 30 minutes it will be midnight, so i have very little couch time, , ill be back tomorrow ya here figi, take care Sleep

20 Re: Southern Women on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:46 am

runawayhorses

Owner
My monitor is a 19" (wide screen) with the resolution set at 1280 by 768, it was a big step up from my old pcs monitor that is a 15" regular old style.

In any event, I resized Figi's signature down some to "450" wide so you should see all of it easily now.

21 Re: Southern Women on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:25 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
rosco 357 wrote:, i see my spelling proceeds me lmao,, ,
No rosco I didn't mean it to sound like I was picking on your spelling, I was just trying to figure out what you meant..lol

My spelling is not nearly as good as my spellchecker is, not by a mile.

22 Re: Southern Women on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:47 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
oh i like to tease about my spelling as much as anyone , so no problem , it makes me laugh, not a problem ,but thanks, but doing this, errrr i have forgot more about PCs that i know, i use to play with resolution years ago. i forgot what it was before i set it up.before i could not see her s or the holly leafs, but i set it up like one step,and could see it all, i guess either the monitor or video drivers ,but this one has lots of choices of resolution, but I'm running 1152 by 864 now and i could then see all of her sig last nite,...still it says optimum is 1280 by 1024,, but i dont want things any smaller, when i did this it made things smaller, especially my icons, so i changed them to large icons, so they are close to the same size, and changed the text size to largest, its a tad smaller still but close, seems one i spell checked a post and lost the post, but let me copy this, then spell check so i will not loose it, lol, ok i only had 3 wrong, lol,, and it worked, lol, , im glad because i had forgot about changing the resolution, i hate to forget things...and figi no its not because u have been gone, that was the funniest part, lol!

23 Re: Southern Women on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:14 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
When I bought this PC one of the first things I did was up the resolution on the monitor to 1280 by 768 and color quality at the highest level at 32 bit. The biggest reason I did that is becuase of a DVD burning program I have requires the resolution be at least 1280 by 768 or it won't burn the disk, also I think things look a little better too with it up some.

To give you an idea of how much room Figi signature has on my monitor, heres a screenshot I just made looking at her sig, as you will see it has a long way before becoming too wide and reaching the other side. Click the link below and max out your screen after the picture loads I'm sure you'll have to, or double click the pic to get the full size. I didn't take the pic at the right time in order to get the leaves but you'll get the general idea.

Screenshot click here

24 Re: Southern Women on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:39 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
oh ok i clicked it it had a like magnifying glass, with a plus on it, i enlarged it but its still smaller than mine, all things but a little bit , i run 32 bit also and i told u my resolution, hmm i never had a problem burning, actually i never think i had a problem seeing things till figis, but it was not alot i could not see, so the one up was all it took what is curious is i forget urs some but think ur first number is bigger, but my second number is bigger, than urs, but they are close, i like the way mine is and it took me a while to rearange all my icons gone wild, lol, it screwed them up, but i got them where i want them now, i have to many , but i have all my pic folders on teh desktop, and like my c drive icon i put there, on also, and many things, i have a utube icon and this sight, and photobucket icon, i know some i can get rid of, i think dell put them there to try to sell me software, i think some are trial things and some mayhave timed out hey u have delete buttons Lmao, yep my sig of figis is larger i could not read urs till i clicked the enlarge thing, now i may go find me a better sig, be back,

25 Re: Southern Women on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:01 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
That screenshot pic is 1280 wide by 768 high (same size as my monitor) so if your browser was showing you the true size you would have had to use a bottom scrollbar to see the entire pictures width becuase your monitor is 1152 wide by 864 high, and that pics width is larger than your screen size. So with that fact we know you weren't looking at the actual full size (width) of the pic since you said it looked smaller to you. That is most likely becuase of your browser settings. It can be adjusted to show a pictures true width if when clicking the magnifying glass thingy you mentioned.

I keep all my desktop icons in a folder in "My Documents" and the ones I use most often I keep in my "Start Menu". My desktop only has 4 icons on it. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Recycle Bin. I like it clean and organized so I can get to stuff easily and it keeps my desktop clean so I can view my wallpaper with ease.

Uninstall that crap and delete the icons for cryin out loud you don't keep that stuff do you? lol!

26 Re: Southern Women Today at 11:34 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum