You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:36 am

gypsy


Moderator
holiday, originated in early roman times, i believe, will research it

it has become over commercialized,some have given up the practice of this,instead going with family and celebrating the true meaning of Christmas ,,the birth of Jesus..
I guess ,I am a bit of a pagan, because I love to give, and decorate,, but my beliefs are still Christ oriented.. just as i believe Obama's is..
I still celebrate Jesus and do it at the designated celebration time, if one reads the scriptures(bible) Jesus was not born on December 25th, we all know , who have studied the bible..some time in september/october is thought his true birth according to (sheep herders)..at that time, this does not mean those who do not give gifts at this time are unbelievers of Jesus Christ.

many people do not practice commercial Christmas, i do because i love the art form of it,, but it is my private time when I celebrate God, and the birth of Jesus,, just a thought here... go into your private closet and pray..another thought.......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


>>When did Christmas suddenly become a litmus test for American patriotism? There is no statute in ANY state requiring someone to celebrate Christmas. It's not even in the Bible requiring any Christian to do so.

Because Christmas has gotten so commercialized, the real challenge these days is keeping "Christ" in Christmas!

we lie to our children, about this concept,but mostly it is all in a fun ..spirit, is true meaning of Christmas!!!

God Bless America!!

2 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:49 am

gypsy


Moderator
a correction on last sentence>>in post above~~is it a true meaning of Christmas,(gift Giving)??

3 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:02 am

SSC


Admin
When did the act of gift giving begin, was it not at Christs birth in the manger when the three wisemen brought gifts . Agreed Christmas is over emphasised in the retail market, but it is up to individuals living a christian life to keep the true meaning alive. Obama should be no different .

4 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:09 am

gypsy


Moderator
yes it did SSC, another great aspect of Christmas, but many Christians do not celebrate Christmas with commercialism ..

it is celebrated with love, family gatherings, giving to the poor, and worshiping ~,,Jesus our Savior

5 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:21 am

SSC


Admin
With religion taken out of public schools , children not allowed to do the nativity in school programs at christmas , we need a leader who is willing to put this back in the schools . How can we get this from a man who doesn't observe Christmas . He will not even commit himself to a church right now. There is no mention of his even observing the true meaning of Christmas . His lack of standing behind his religious beliefs is a questionable act. This country needs someone who will stand strong and buck the system and not compromise his beliefs just to satisfy a public out cry. If he is that weak , how can he guide a counrty in times of strife ?

6 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:26 am

gypsy


Moderator
yes we do, who took it out?weren't Republicans in office?? why are you concerned? u state you don't believe? if I am wrong, forgive me!..

7 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:33 am

SSC


Admin
My concern is having a man who has the intestinal fortitude and backbone to stand up and not be intimidated, Obama has not shown me he has this quality. In every case where he was involved in a controversy he opted to walk away then condem including his church of 20 years.
I do not believe in God but I do believe those who do should have the right to express this , as I have the right to express the fact I do not.

8 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:37 am

gypsy


Moderator
also we still do nativity scenes here, we also do the pledge of allegiance,at all sports events or political rallies
10 commandments in the court/ last I looked~
don't ya'll?

9 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:44 am

gypsy


Moderator
SSC wrote:My concern is having a man who has the intestinal fortitude and backbone to stand up and not be intimidated, Obama has not shown me he has this quality. In every case where he was involved in a controversy he opted to walk away then condem including his church of 20 years.
I do not believe in God but I do believe those who do should have the right to express this , as I have the right to express the fact I do not.

why? so you can,what?? if you don't believe, as you accuse him,why do you accuse, or object? this should be your plus?? is it just a ploy,because,Why?i


if you don't believe your accusing a politician of the same thing~~ Jeeze! SSC I don't comprehend,as u accused me in another post~ please explain? Why should he be intimidated??

10 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:45 am

SSC


Admin
gypsy wrote:also we still do nativity scenes here, we also do the pledge of allegiance,at all sports events or political rallies
10 commandments in the court/ last I looked~
don't ya'll?

No nativity in school but allowed in public , we have the pledge but omitting the word God, Star Spangled Banner at sports only, no commandments in courts and they are not allowed to be hung on the wall of court houses. We just had a judge fined for refusing to take his down.

11 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:47 am

gypsy


Moderator
make that intimidating last post

12 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:51 am

SSC


Admin
gypsy wrote:
SSC wrote:My concern is having a man who has the intestinal fortitude and backbone to stand up and not be intimidated, Obama has not shown me he has this quality. In every case where he was involved in a controversy he opted to walk away then condem including his church of 20 years.
I do not believe in God but I do believe those who do should have the right to express this , as I have the right to express the fact I do not.

why? so you can,what?? if you don't believe, as you accuse him,why do you accuse, or object? this should be your plus?? is it just a ploy,because,Why?i


if you don't believe your accusing a politician of the same thing~~ Jeeze! SSC I don't comprehend,as u accused me in another post~ please explain? Why should he be intimidated??


You explain to me why he turned his back on a church he was a member of for 20 years. Are not politicians expected to be leaders in all sences of the word, including faith and morals ?

13 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:58 am

gypsy


Moderator
SSC wrote:With religion taken out of public schools , children not allowed to do the nativity in school programs at christmas , we need a leader who is willing to put this back in the schools . How can we get this from a man who doesn't observe Christmas . He will not even commit himself to a church right now. There is no mention of his even observing the true meaning of Christmas . His lack of standing behind his religious beliefs is a questionable act. This country needs someone who will stand strong and buck the system and not compromise his beliefs just to satisfy a public out cry. If he is that weak , how can he guide a counrty in times of strife ?

I do think Obama commits himself to a church~still not important, who gathers in my name(two or more),and studying the bible,no matter where, is a reverence to me~~and considered church
gather in the bauty of God~~ i love doing this outside, in the beauty of his creation~~

14 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:02 am

SSC


Admin
Obama has made the statement until after the election he will not join another church.

15 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:03 am

gypsy


Moderator
ssc I was a member of my church 16 years, because we feel if we break away we are not dedicated..!! Wrong!! Thank God! he did break away! do you think Wright is God oriented? he is a stupid man who is angry because Obama Left his church~~

16 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:13 am

gypsy


Moderator
SSC,u may be mocking me with your questions?? I hope not, because you asked, I answered..

I do not mock your disbelief,,I hope to exist,with love and help,for all.. to live my life the best I can.

of course, I/We all mess up,but that is the beauty of God,friends,sisters,brothers, humans we all forgive/ if first we don't forgive ,we can't be forgiven~

God's love

peace/forgiveness..

17 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:20 am

SSC


Admin
Obama was under the guidance and teaching of this man for 20 years and the only reason he left is Rev. Wright made statements that put Obama in a bad light and to save his image he turned his back on his pastor and the church. It was not a moral issue it was a politically motivated issue. Rev. Wright put the church and Obama in a precarious situation and Obama to save face walked away.

18 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:24 am

SSC


Admin
gypsy wrote:SSC,u may be mocking me with your questions?? I hope not, because you asked, I answered..

I do not mock your disbelief,,I hope to exist,with love and help,for all.. to live my life the best I can.

of course, I/We all mess up,but that is the beauty of God,friends,sisters,brothers, humans we all forgive/ if first we don't forgive ,we can't be forgiven~

God's love

peace/forgiveness..

How do you feel I am mocking you ???? You lost me there . I do not push my non-religious thinking on you or anyone else. I don't end a quote with any non-religious quote. I already made it clear I respect a persons belief , but don't try to cram yours down my throat.

19 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:28 am

gypsy


Moderator
I disagree, but whatever we believe cannot be transported unless we are disloyal, like the Republican party has exhibited..now blaming each other..

SSC you will never turn me to the Republicans,who have no empathy to working class,or the betterment of America,, sorry look at the last eight years and now~now show me change then maybe~~

20 Re: Celebration of Christmas is a pagan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:02 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
gypsy wrote:I disagree, but whatever we believe cannot be transported unless we are disloyal, like the Republican party has exhibited..now blaming each other..

SSC you will never turn me to the Republicans,who have no empathy to working class,or the betterment of America,, sorry look at the last eight years and now~now show me change then maybe~~



Uhhhhhhhh last 8 WHAT , years??? u lost me, i dont understand what u mean by last 8 years, first i have heard of that, but let me figure it out, u dont have to explain, please, lol

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum