You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:33 am

Moose

runawayhorses wrote:It looks to me like you're dancing around Moose's question, becuase you understand he already knows you didn't actually say you "disliked" her as a person, you realize that wasn't what he meant, but you DID say however, that you didn't like her as a VP becuase she isn't qualified. Moose is clearly asking for a list of reasons you don't like Palin as a VP and why she isn't in your opinion "qualified", and NOT a personal dislike. I think you could tell the difference in his question could you not?

Thank You Tyler, I don't believe that Gypsy is so dumb that she didn't understand what I said but as you said, she danced right around what I asked of her.

Gypsy, I'm NOT asking you to explain your opinion, norr am I asking you to explain why you dislike McCain. I simply want to know as I'm sure everyone else does, "WhAT ARE THE REASONS WHY PALIN IS NOT QUALIFIED TO BE VP? Answering with, "Because she agrees with McCain", is not an answer either, UNLESS you admit that you admit that you disagree with him because he's a Republican and you're not. Stop hedging around it like most Liberals do and be straight forward.

---------------------- Signature ----------------------

Don't take life so seriously, loosen up and laugh once in a while.
bobrichardsa366@hotmail.com borich60 http://mooses-site.tripod.com/

52 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
gypsy wrote:I am not the one dancing around, I have no dislikes against Palin, except she agrees with McCain, who i disagree with~it is simple ..

she does not agree with maccain on everything, i doubt u know what she believes,or maybe u do... now on some issues, just for one, she is for drilling in anwar, a huge huge place,that no one sees, adn the place they want to drill is the size of los angeles airport, macain is not for drilling in anwar, but sarah said she will be working on him on that one. one thing they both agree on and both have done is reach across the aisle and worked with the other party,which almost caused maccain to loose this thing in the primarys.. its why she got alot achieved in a short period after former govenors drug their feet, when u have a over 80 % favorable rating, in alaska, like has been posted here. that is like the Holy Grail of politics. and if there is any doubt how popular she is here in bama well this pic tells it all

53 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:36 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Well, its my understanding she sometimes doesn't like to be questioned, just heard, which is fine! But that philosophy and attitude isn't conducive to a constructive conversation, especially in the political arena, so perhaps politics isn't something she should engage in unless shes willing to be questioned, but to each his own I always say.

I have already stated I like Sarah for what she has done for Alaska (its on record), and mostly becuase she is pretty..lol Politicians always say what they'll do once they take office and I listen like everyone else, but you see how much stock I put into what politicians say considering I said I mostly like her for being pretty.. and admittedly I don't take a great deal of interest in politics, so consequently I don't follow what they say and listen enough to make any kind of outstanding or informed evaluation of them. However, I do enjoy reading this forum section and what you all have to say about them.

Of course, they find out just how much power and influence they really have and how difficult what they want to do really is once they take office, they all do, that's my understanding anyway, They of course, also say what they'll do once they get the job becuase it's necessary to have any chance of getting elected, without making promises they have no chance, so its almost a "must do" if you stand any chance of getting votes, but the reality is, the power to make changes at the magnitude they say they will, is just not there, many other people must vote for it in order to implement it. Congress, must give it a green light a lot of times, and so on and down the line.

54 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:27 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
well she is good in alaska, so politics there is fine.. but to ur point.. i was watching the factor, u know bill orielly, he said she has been the target in 2 interviews, of the gotcha question, which i forget his name, asked about the bush doctrine, and he got it wrong, there has been 4 and the one he said it was when she did not know, was not even the correct one, i posted on it, if its here, in the new, adn she had a gotcha question from oh i forget her name u know cbs anchor, .. anyways bill oreilly said if she will come on his show, she will just be asked her postions ,and no trick questions that the answer to no one really knows, adn not important, but she will debate biden, and he has been called the king of gaffts, and i read obama has put a clamp on him some as he even disagreed with some obama position in speaches, actually the vp, is not heard from much, only to break a tie in the senate, but i think she will play a part in energy, which she knows alot about, not take the place of the secretary of energy, whoever that will be but , work on energy,

55 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:48 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
rosco 357 wrote:well she is good in alaska, so politics there is fine.. but to ur point.. i was watching the factor, u know bill orielly, he said she has been the target in 2 interviews, of the gotcha question, which i forget his name, asked about the bush doctrine, and he got it wrong, there has been 4 and the one he said it was when she did not know, was not even the correct one, i posted on it, if its here, in the new, adn she had a gotcha question from oh i forget her name u know cbs anchor, .. anyways bill oreilly said if she will come on his show, she will just be asked her postions ,and no trick questions that the answer to no one really knows, adn not important, but she will debate biden, and he has been called the king of gaffts, and i read obama has put a clamp on him some as he even disagreed with some obama position in speaches, actually the vp, is not heard from much, only to break a tie in the senate, but i think she will play a part in energy, which she knows alot about, not take the place of the secretary of energy, whoever that will be but , work on energy,
Well, I wasn't talking about "Sarah" not wanting to be questioned, but that's OK I wasn't very clear on who I was addressing in that part of my post, so my fault, but I think perhaps now you know who?..lol

Yes I think Sarah knows a great deal about energy as her track record in Alaska gives testament to, no doubt will help in that area in Washington.

56 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:08 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:
rosco 357 wrote:well she is good in alaska, so politics there is fine.. but to ur point.. i was watching the factor, u know bill orielly, he said she has been the target in 2 interviews, of the gotcha question, which i forget his name, asked about the bush doctrine, and he got it wrong, there has been 4 and the one he said it was when she did not know, was not even the correct one, i posted on it, if its here, in the new, adn she had a gotcha question from oh i forget her name u know cbs anchor, .. anyways bill oreilly said if she will come on his show, she will just be asked her postions ,and no trick questions that the answer to no one really knows, adn not important, but she will debate biden, and he has been called the king of gaffts, and i read obama has put a clamp on him some as he even disagreed with some obama position in speaches, actually the vp, is not heard from much, only to break a tie in the senate, but i think she will play a part in energy, which she knows alot about, not take the place of the secretary of energy, whoever that will be but , work on energy,
Well, I wasn't talking about "Sarah" not wanting to be questioned, but that's OK I wasn't very clear on who I was addressing in that part of my post, so my fault, but I think perhaps now you know who?..lol

Yes I think Sarah knows a great deal about energy as her track record in Alaska gives testament to, no doubt will help in that area in Washington.

oh ok i thought u were talking about sarah, now i understand who u ment, well take care,

57 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:24 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Boy, he seems in a hurry eh? Have fun at the lake rosco... lol!

58 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:48 am

gypsy

Moose wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:It looks to me like you're dancing around Moose's question, becuase you understand he already knows you didn't actually say you "disliked" her as a person, you realize that wasn't what he meant, but you DID say however, that you didn't like her as a VP becuase she isn't qualified. Moose is clearly asking for a list of reasons you don't like Palin as a VP and why she isn't in your opinion "qualified", and NOT a personal dislike. I think you could tell the difference in his question could you not?

Thank You Tyler, I don't believe that Gypsy is so dumb that she didn't understand what I said but as you said, she danced right around what I asked of her.

Gypsy, I'm NOT asking you to explain your opinion, norr am I asking you to explain why you dislike McCain. I simply want to know as I'm sure everyone else does, "WhAT ARE THE REASONS WHY PALIN IS NOT QUALIFIED TO BE VP? Answering with, "Because she agrees with McCain", is not an answer either, UNLESS you admit that you admit that you disagree with him because he's a Republican and you're not. Stop hedging around it like most Liberals do and be straight forward.

ember 26, 2008 - 11:02 PM
Featured comment
Close comment
Karencheyne

Good points about Sarah Palin! I personally think experience for president and vice-president is overrated. Nobody knows what it is like read more to be president or vice-president until they have sat in the oval office and have had to make decisions on the fly. However, that is where character, judgment and values take center stage. And on the issues of character, judgment and values, I would take the Obama/Biden ticket over McCain/Palin. McCain/Palin have been lying about their records since the RNC. To me that is a huge character, value, and judgment flaw and a bad decision by their campaign. Plus, Obama/Biden's values align with ordinary, average, regular everyday Americans while McCain/Palin's values align with the rich folks making more than $5 million per year.
Close comment
Add your own comment
Register or log in to comment
4 comments | See all
Hide reader comments
Circulation Promo
Print this storyPrint this story
E-mail this storyE-mail this story
Save to del.icio.usSave to del.icio.us
Share on newsvineShare on newsvine
Share on DiggShare on Digg
myVote
2008 Local Primaries: Get personalized candidate information
and election results
with myVote.
2008 Campaign Contributions
By candidate:
By donor:
Last name:
Employer:
Zip code:
Advanced search
More from President

* Obama, McCain argue over war, taxes
* Neither one wowed these undecideds
* Cheers, jeers - but how many minds changed?
* Fact checking the presidential debates
* Analysis: First debate produces night of contrasts

A conservative columnist who welcomed Sarah Palin's entry in national politics says she's proved to be a dud and should step aside as John McCain's running mate.

Kathleen Parker, writing in National Review Online, says her "cringe reflex is exhausted" after watching the Alaska governor stumble through TV interviews and it's become clear to her that Palin is out of her league.

"No one hates saying that more than I do," Parker writes. "Like so many women, I've been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I've also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does."
FACT CHECK: BIDEN WRONG ON TAX PLAN

Joseph Biden charged Thursday during a campaign stop in Pennsylvania that John McCain's tax proposals for health insurance would be "the largest tax increase in the history of America for the middle class." He was wrong.

McCain does propose taxing the health benefits that some 156 million people get through the workplace. That's a major change, because now no income taxes are levied on those benefits, but it's not the whole story.

What Biden didn't say was that McCain also proposes to give the insured a new tax break in exchange -- a $2,500 tax credit for individuals and a $5,000 tax credit for families.

For most families, that tax credit would, for several years, be more gener

59 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:30 am

runawayhorses

Owner
I was hoping to hear your thoughts not "Karencheyne's"

Oh well.

Please edit out parts of your post that are clearly not part of the post from which you copied, some of it is part of the website text that occupied links and other information. And your post is missing the link to the site you copied it from. You are supposed to include the link to a copy and pasted post from the site you got it from.

Thank you

60 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:06 am

gypsy

sorry bout that,forgot to edit..

may not be my words, but it is my thoughts she just worded it better..

an interview

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/24/eveningnews/main4476173.shtml

61 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Moose

Wow is choosing a new president really as simple as Gypsy makes it sound? You mean all I have to do is vote base on what others thinkk of a candidat? I don't even have to answer a simple question like, "Why don't you think a person qualifies for the job?" Istead I can simply go to some liberal website and copy an article written by some body who sounds good to me and then use thier article as a response?

Maybe we should all use Gypsy's approach, it should make the decision making much easier.

It simply amazes me how some people can so easily evade answering a simple question when pressed. It sounds much like the debate last night.

62 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:42 pm

gypsy

haha it is simple when you really listen, don't we all base a lot of our decisions on what others say/think,,news media, friends professional political analylsts?` but my my decision is based on Sarah Palins not knowing what she is talking about,, watch her interviews~ A Dud she is` but , a lovely Dud~:) lol!

63 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:52 pm

Moose

I reckon that since my question continues to fall of deaf ears I'll cease asking it. perhaps one dayh Gypsy will get a spine of her own and decide for herself who is the right one for the job without depending on the opinions of so called professionals.

64 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:46 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
all i will say is if dan qualye, can be vice president anyone can,and dan qualye spells like me, maybe i could lmao. but i do think sarah is smart, and got things done in alaska in a way the former govenors could not.remember all clinton was , was a govenror of a state not nears as technological as alaska or plays a roll in our national defense as alaska does, but in all fairness clinton had walmart lmao and dead chickens at tysons... as for the debates i watched some, but i actually dont like debates, for one,what both sides spew, they dont know if they can do what they say, they dont know what kind of congress they will have. and they spew general feel good things and as has always been, the devil is always in the details and details are to involved to be brought out in a debate, i would have to study it, but i believe i think i may like obamas tax brackets better, but i have a speach where obama said he will not weaponize space, which means no space missile defense shield. it is my opinion, that technology world wide is closing a gap on us . i think we should use every technological option we have, or we will find ourselfs playing second fiddle, or not able to protect ourself one day. if ppl like obama get their way.take care..

65 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:19 pm

SSC

Admin
If all people believed as Gypsy does, we would be in deep shit.

66 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:58 pm

gypsy

ok I want to be fair, so i have done some reading,and studying,and to also restate i have nothing against Sarah Palin, I just wish McCain was not her partner,in this election, i don't like him, that may have shaded my opinion of Sarah,so i have listed some pros/cons, to establish where i stand..

Pros:

She's young and, for a 44 year old female politician, attractive. It's impossible to predict how that will play, but being young and attractive are usually pros.

She's a new face,not associated with republican failures..

She's fairly consevative

she is popular in Alaska

CONS:

She has never had national experience and has less local experience than Obama does. With McCain at 72 years old, do people feel comfortable with Sarah Palin in the driver's seat to be President? That's a big question. The McCain/Palin ticket is now less experienced than the Obama/Biden ticket, effectively throwing out the entire main argument that McCain had. McCain/Palin now becomes the riskier ticket in many ways. It's hard to argue that four years as a US Senator doesn't qualify you to be President while being Governor of a small state like Alaska for two years somehow does.

This makes AGE a major issue in this election, something that cannot help McCain. So far, the Obama camp has not ever come out and said anything about McCain's age. Now that someone like Palin is a "heartbeat away" from being President, age is a fair game. The Obama camp will probably come right out and address McCain's age over and over again and how it may result in Palin being President. This pick will bring more attention to McCain's age than any other pick (except Jindal) would bring.

She will likely be trounced by Joe Biden in the Vice Presidential debate, especially on foreign policy since she has no experience at all dealing with foreign issues.

less than a month a month ago, Palin dismissed the Vice President job by saying it didn't seem "productive" and that she doesn't even know what the Vice President does.

Her and McCain barely know each other.

She is already in the middle of a scandal in Alaska relating to ethics and corruption. It won't be hard for the Obama camp to link her to the old ways of doing things. Picking a VP who is already in the middle of a scandal is risky and something that is almost always avoided.

She's never been on the national stage and infront of the national media lights, and thus is more likely to feel the pressure and do or say something she'll later regret.

* She is STRONGLY for teaching "creation science" in school, something that may rally the religious right but can expose her as a radical Republican if focused on.

67 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:44 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
If I had it my way, I wish Sarah Palin was running for president and not John McCain, if she were I'd vote for her this election. I'm glad she doesn't have any outstanding experience other than what she already has,, I see that as a "plus" becuase what that symbolizes to me is shes not corrupt yet and doesn't know how to play dirty like others have.

The word "Experienced" is brought up all time and I always ask myself "Experienced at what?" Lying and underhanded deals? Experienced at doing what everyone else has done? So my point is I don't hold any value in the word "experience" for that job, many people say and I agree, that everyone that has ever held that position had to learn the ropes as they went along. So experience is a non-issue and shouldn't matter one little bit. A fresh and new approach would be welcomed.

Yes, I'm ready to put her in charge of the entire country, why? Because I think she has good judgment and knows how to get things done, and at the end of that day that's all that really matters and the only thing that counts when making important decisions.

68 Thoughts on Women on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:48 pm

SSC

Admin
"Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.
So - if you give her any crap, you will receive a ton of shit."

69 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:02 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Love it.. lol!

70 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:08 pm

gypsy

LOL A good one SSC

71 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:10 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
I've given this a lot of thought, if I had my choice of the next president of these United States, I'd vote for Avril Lavigne, no doubt about it, Avril would get my vote. Very Happy

72 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:27 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Come to think of it I couldn't shes Canadian.. lol!

73 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:50 pm

SSC

Admin
I do believe Palin proved herself very well in the debate and even had Biden resorting to 14 documented lies.
After passing the Wall Street bailout lets reflect on how well our tax dollars were spent, lets see 8 million for wooden arrows, 194 million for a mill on PuertoRican rum and about another extra billion on bullshit...
At least no one can blame Palin she couldn't vote...

74 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:51 am

gypsy

Palin did do better, but she avoided the questions,, the moderator should have been more strict

also both mangled the truth

check it out

#
check.org/just-the-facts/the_2008_vp_debate.html - 16 hours ago - Similar pages
#
FactCheck.org: FactChecking Biden-Palin Debate
Oct 3, 2008 ... Vice presidential candidates Joe Biden and Sarah Palin met for their one and only debate Oct. 2 in St. Louis, Missouri. ...
www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_biden-palin_debate.html - 19 hours ago -

75 Re: women against Sarah Palin on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:10 am

gypsy wrote:

Pros:

She's young and, for a 44 year old female politician, attractive. It's impossible to predict how that will play, but being young and attractive are usually pros.

She's a new face,not associated with republican failures..

She's fairly consevative

she is popular in Alaska

76 Re: women against Sarah Palin Today at 9:01 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum