* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 cup yellow cornmeal
* 1/4 cup cooking oil
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 4 slices sourdough bread
* 6 (1/4 inch thick) slices red tomato
* 2 slices pepperjack cheese
* 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno slices
1. Dip slices of green tomato into beaten egg, then cover in cornmeal to coat, shaking off the excess. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the tomato slices. Cook until golden brown on each side, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
2. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and place it over medium heat. Spread butter onto one side of each slice of bread. Place half of the slices butter side down in the skillet. , a slice of pepperjack cheese on each sice of bread leave open till bread is toasted and cheese is melted place red tomato sloces on one half of bread top with green tomato slices put sandwich to gether and slice in half,serve jalapeno slices on sandwich or on the side
had these tonight... Delicious!!