You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:28 am

runawayhorses

Owner
Great figi you remember what you posted! Wow I was hoping you would so it would put things back the way they were..lol

27 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:33 am

runawayhorses wrote:Great figi you remember what you posted! Wow I was hoping you would so it would put things back the way they were..lol

Don't sweat it Tyler! Shit happens! :goodone:

I think I remembered all the points I was trying to make.

28 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:26 pm

Mays Gilliam wrote:
astral75 wrote:obama a great speaker? lol the demos cut their own finger when they selected obma ahaed of hillary, if mclean gets to be pres, then it's the dems own fault!
If you are looking for a great orator, you will have to do some digging in Berlin or surroundings.

Yes, he was a good speaker I have heard from my older relatives. Know what else I have heard from some of my older relatives?

He was a power monger and mentally disturbed. A Madman!

You are a history buff study !

Didn't Adolph create the Netherland health care system as an attempt to annihilate your citizens?

29 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:41 pm

FIGI wrote:
Mays Gilliam wrote:
astral75 wrote:obama a great speaker? lol the demos cut their own finger when they selected obma ahaed of hillary, if mclean gets to be pres, then it's the dems own fault!
If you are looking for a great orator, you will have to do some digging in Berlin or surroundings.

Yes, he was a good speaker I have heard from my older relatives. Know what else I have heard from some of my older relatives?

He was a power monger and mentally disturbed. A Madman!

You are a history buff study !

Didn't Adolph create the Netherland health care system as an attempt to annihilate your citizens?
The Nazi s indeed introduced a health care system here, but I can t see it was done to annihilate our citizens
On the contrary-it was a magnificent system in my opinion and it lasted till two years ago.(so more than 60 years!)
We changed to a kind of system Clinton once proposed for the USA, but it s becoming a mess already.
Too rightwinged for me and too leftwinged for Americans :-)

My list of best orators would be:
nr. 1 J. Goebbels
nr. 2 A. Hitler
nr. 3 M.L. king

It s not the message they brought, but how they brought it to the crowd and you must admit that nr. 3 on my list has little resemblence
with the other two.

30 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:49 pm

gypsy

FIGI wrote:
gypsy wrote:
rosco 357 wrote:
FIGI wrote:Rosco, I don't think OBama will ever be presidentof the United States. He is a great speaker, but lacks the experience.

... and we do NOT need more welfare payouts!

it will be a barn burner for sure, as i have said many times, each candidate will get a bump out of his convention.. its going to be alot closer than i thought months ago, take care

opinion? or fact, all these are just opinions~ just like u have yours, I have mine, and those who support, or not

we have no way to interpet what another means or does, unless viewed,or that it. is witnessed.

Which part is "opinion or fact? "

Experience: McCain has been around longer than Obama!
Speaker: Obama is a good speaker, Yes?
Bump: A boost ... that happens in every election.
Barn Burner: I think that means a close race

What have I missed?

haha not what I meant, but that was funny.. I meant most info u get from the internet is opinion.. I did misplace my replythough..

31 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:05 pm

well ,this whole convo is turning out to be nothing but a contest of opinions, if someone states a fact ,then it is only his/her opinion? i think not! opinions and Facts are 2 different things,are they not?

32 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:11 pm

astral75 wrote:well ,this whole convo is turning out to be nothing but a contest of opinions, if someone states a fact ,then it is only his/her opinion? i think not! opinions and Facts are 2 different things,are they not?
The best thing would be opinions, based on facts and not make believe, but the facts are too often twisted.

33 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:13 pm

Besides that, we often see things through different glasses is my impression.
Mine are minus 0.75 btw :-)

34 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:19 pm

hey, at least i don't need any glasses yet,(well only for reading fine print)

35 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:41 pm

astral75 wrote:hey, at least i don't need any glasses yet,(well only for reading fine print)
That s the difference between us :-)
I don t need glasses for fine print, but I do for seeing in the distance

36 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:39 pm

[quote="Mays Gilliam"]
FIGI wrote:
Mays Gilliam wrote:

On the contrary-it was a magnificent system in my opinion and it lasted till two years ago.(so more than 60 years!)
We changed to a kind of system Clinton once proposed for the USA, but it s becoming a mess already.
Too rightwinged for me and too leftwinged for Americans :-)

My list of best orators would be:
nr. 1 J. Goebbels
nr. 2 A. Hitler
nr. 3 M.L. king

It s not the message they brought, but how they brought it to the crowd and you must admit that nr. 3 on my list has little resemblence
with the other two.

Well, we do agree on this one.
M.L. King was one of the best speakers I have ever heard. John Kennedy wasn't too shabby himself. It is most definitely the delivery of a speech that makes it motivational.

37 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:49 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
astral75 wrote:well ,this whole convo is turning out to be nothing but a contest of opinions, if someone states a fact ,then it is only his/her opinion? i think not! opinions and Facts are 2 different things,are they not?

i agree, astral, and i think we are smart enough to know the difference in facts and opinions, on most alll things, i know there are some grey areas, but lets say, i predict obama will loose, , ok thats an opinion, obama announces his running mate and is posted on the internet, well that would be fact, and astral im not directing this to u just using ur post since i agreed with it, the message is to gyp, part on the net is facts and part is opinions, seem simple to tell the difference to me. there can be facts that are facts at that present time but can change, say , macain has his vp candiates down and he gives 3 name,a fact ,, then at the end of the month he annouces someone totally different and not on the original list. facts can change but does not make it an opinion, i feel silly posting this because it all seems simple to tell facts from opinions, in most all cases, that airliner crashing in spain is fact, not opinion, lmao,,

38 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:05 pm

gypsy

hahah thanks Rosco, and I to know facts from opinions, what i was referring to were blogs,most are just someones opinion, but thanks for that lesson, also I meant for that to go on a different topic..

39 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:44 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
gypsy wrote:hahah thanks Rosco, and I to know facts from opinions, what i was referring to were blogs,most are just someones opinion, but thanks for that lesson, also I meant for that to go on a different topic..

oh ok, i dont read blogs hardly,, yes they are only ppl opinions unless they are quoting facts that may be hard to confirm, i hate blogs, thanks for the clarification, sorry i missunderstood,

40 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:48 pm

gypsy

no problem Rosco..

41 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:11 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
gypsy wrote:hahah thanks Rosco, and I to know facts from opinions, what i was referring to were blogs,most are just someones opinion, but thanks for that lesson, also I meant for that to go on a different topic..
You mean that you posted something that you mistakenly meant to go to another topic? I find that strange considering you quoted them in your post in this one. You certainly had me thinking it was a direct reply to rosco's post, and actually it sounds more like you're trying to get out of your comment..LOL

Oh well, Rolling Eyes

42 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:18 pm

gypsy

no I am not trying to get out of my comment,I was referring to blogs..actually..

43 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:26 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Yes I understand that part of what you said, but the part I am having trouble with is this part here "I meant for that to go on a different topic."

Oh well, its not important really, its just you quoted them in the topic here, but its no big deal.

44 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:30 pm

gypsy

yes I did, but I stated in and earlier post that i had misplaced my answer..

45 Re: No Contest on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:32 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Oh ok, I guess I missed that part.

46 Re: No Contest on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:20 am

rosco 357

Veteran
gypsy wrote:so,,in theory we all need to study,,our worlld is in trouble,, I have to do this

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

u mean our world or the world ur in is in trouble,,, lmao,, well its all done , i just saw and i have it, the map so far, u may as well go to the smokies on election week, kentucky is a solid mcCain state, not a leaning , or a leading macain state but a solid macain state, as is mine, so u may as well stay home, lol, to cold to swin , so u better paint, a picture that day,, gee i started this topic, and it has over 300 hits, i forgot what its about, lol, take care,

47 Re: No Contest on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:29 am

gypsy

my world is pretty nice.. I meant the wars, hopefully, russia/georgia will calm down.. . well if McCain becomes prez, what will be will be. I won't be voting for him~ lol as i stated before, i am not pleased with either candidate.. just hope for the best..

48 Re: No Contest Today at 4:55 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum