You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Reflective Thoughts on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:16 pm

gypsy


Moderator
how we think, what we perceive..
as an artist it is important to me to have a mirror image, to see beyond , see it in real form ,seal it in your mind ,and thoughts,, then you can transfer it to canvas
like life.
life is like that somewhat.we have to have refective thoughts, a mirror image, also it is important in teaching,and learning, from others, as well as ourselves.. it is like a Beacon of light. it should shine brightly..let your light shine..
What do others think?

I like this theory
"Active, persistent, and careful consideration of any belief or supposed form of knowledge in the light of the grounds that support it and the further conclusion to which it tends". (Dewey, 193

2 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:40 pm

Guest


Guest
I learned
and I taught
and not once did I need a mirror image of anything.
I learned facts, enjoyed fiction
and I didn't have to "capture" anything to be happy.
I just enjoyed life without making it so damn complicated. The simple things is what makes life worth living. flower

3 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:52 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
pretty words, figi,, take care

4 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:09 pm

gypsy


Moderator
Happiness is from the heart, the feeling of love,understanding,empathy
to learn this is what we observe in our environment,what our Mother, Dad, family, and friends exude, how we are raised,taught.enjoy the simple things, like sitting by the lake, watching a butterfly flutterby~ the world is full of pictures to paint..
the brain the most complex thing in the universe

5 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:23 pm

gypsy


Moderator
Sometimes you stumble across a few chords that put you in a reflective place.
David Bowie

6 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:29 pm

SSC


Admin
Very well said Figi

7 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:31 pm

gypsy


Moderator
it is reflective to ask our young generation their thoughts, and it was most reflective,their answers.. a newness is coming over this world, and we must reach out and grasp it..embrace it.. and maybe some will fear it..

8 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:53 pm

SSC


Admin

9 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:47 pm

gypsy


Moderator
engulfed in a (SEA) of Deep Thought...swirls a beautiful image

10 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:35 pm

gypsy


Moderator
Our Eyes, reflection of the soul

11 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:39 pm

runawayhorses


Owner
Love that joke SSC!.. lol!

12 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:20 pm

gypsy


Moderator
Where is the dwelling place of light?
And where is the house of darkness?
Go about; walk the limits of the land.
Do you know a path between them?
Job 38:19-20

13 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:03 am

Guest


Guest
gypsy wrote:Where is the dwelling place of light?
And where is the house of darkness?
Go about; walk the limits of the land.
Do you know a path between them?
Job 38:19-20


Okay, I give up.... what is the path between them?

14 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:17 am

gypsy


Moderator
I would say God is.

15 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:10 am

runawayhorses


Owner
http://www.rense.com/general69/obj.htm

16 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:57 pm

SSC


Admin
runawayhorses wrote:http://www.rense.com/general69/obj.htm

He hit the nail on the head..Great post Tyler

17 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:54 pm

runawayhorses


Owner
SSC wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:http://www.rense.com/general69/obj.htm

He hit the nail on the head..Great post Tyler
Yes he did, thanks.

18 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:10 am

gypsy


Moderator
With respect, I disagree, he forgot (Carlin) as some others do,, beliefs/feelings of others..
I posted the* Job verse*, because i liked it,not to really raise controversy~ thanks~

19 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:26 am

SSC


Admin
gypsy wrote:With respect, I disagree, he forgot (Carlin) as some others do,, beliefs/feelings of others..
I posted the* Job verse*, because i liked it,not to really raise controversy~ thanks~

Not controversy just different beliefs..politics and religion will always be debated subjects.

20 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:16 am

runawayhorses


Owner
gypsy wrote:With respect, I disagree, he forgot (Carlin) as some others do,, beliefs/feelings of others..
I posted the* Job verse*, because i liked it,not to really raise controversy~ thanks~
Well, George Carlin and many others like him feelings are hurt when other peoples beliefs would have them going to the worst place imaginable when they die, Hell.

He is only sticking up for himself and fighting back to the christian people that believe he and others like him are going to hell by saying to them "hey you people are full of crap when you believe that junk". That's all hes doing, hes showing how ridiculous and absurd the belief is that he and others who do not believe in the bible are bad people that deserve to go to a place like hell. When you say you believe in the bible you are insulting people that don't believe when you quote verses from it or hold it in their face in high regard.

21 Re: Reflective Thoughts on Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:41 pm

SSC


Admin

22 Re: Reflective Thoughts Today at 11:00 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum