View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sweet Tortilla Chips with Sunny Fruit Salsa on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:41 pm

SSC

Admin
4 (about 8-inch) flour tortillas
tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
Pinch ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375F. Brush tortillas with butter.
In a cup, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle one side of each tortilla with cinnamon-sugar. Stack tortillas and cut into 6 wedges, making 24 wedges in total. Arrange wedges, sugar side up, in a single layer on two large cookie sheets.

Place cookie sheets on two oven racks and bake chips 10 to 12 minutes or until golden, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Cool chips on cookie sheets on wire racks. You can store chips in a tightly covered container for up to one week. Makes 8 servings.

Sunny Fruit Salsa
Prepare this salsa just before serving it.

1 lime
1 tablespoon sugar
1 large ripe peach, unpeeled and chopped
1 large ripe red or purple plum, unpeeled and chopped
1 large ripe apricot, unpeeled and chopped
1/2 cup dark sweet cherries (stems removed), pitted and chopped
1/2 cup seedless green grapes, chopped
From lime, grate 1/4 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice.
In a medium bowl, stir the lime peel, lime juice, sugar, and chopped fruit until combined. Makes about 3-1/2 cups. Serve immediately.

To serve, spoon salsa into a serving bowl. Use Sweet Tortilla Chips to scoop up the salsa

2 hey that is different on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:43 pm

gypsy

and sounds good, will have to try it

SSC

Admin
thanks Gypsy, I tried it last night before I posted it today it is very good and not very hard to put together

gypsy

ur welcome,, of course i can only in moderation~ but I will try it~ my grands will love them

SSC

Admin
I had 5 11-12 yr. olds last night they wiped the salsa bowl clean, it was a big hit

gypsy

that sounds like fun,and work~ i have loved every age my grandboys have gone through, they are almost grown, and boy do they love to eat~

SSC

Admin
I have all granddaughters, and believe me girls can eat you out of house and home, they are on a fruit and veggie kick right now, veggie trays with assorted dips has become an everyday addition to the table.

SSC

Admin
I made a batch of the low carb cinnamon twists (I had posted them earlier) added them crushed to icecream topped with whip cream, I came out with what Sonic is selling as Fried Icecream Blast.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum