* 1 tablespoon salt
* 2 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* all-purpose flour for dusting
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup bread crumbs
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, sliced
* salt and white pepper to taste
* 6 (6-inch) pita breads
1. Sprinkle sliced eggplant with salt and allow to drain in a colander for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
2. Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Dredge with flour, shake off excess, dip into beaten egg, then press into bread crumbs to coat.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden brown.
4. Wipe eggplant dry with a paper towel and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill until tender and well marked. Whisk together garlic, balsamic vinegar, and extra-virgin olive oil. Slice grilled eggplant into strips and toss with roasted peppers and balsamic dressing; season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. To assemble, heat pita breads on the grill until hot and marked. Slice chicken into strips and place into warm pitas along with marinated eggplant.