You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Narcissistic Personality on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:08 pm

SSC


Admin
People with a narcissistic personality have a sense of superiority, a need for admiration, and a lack of empathy. They have an exaggerated belief in their own value or importance, which is what therapists call grandiosity. They may be extremely sensitive to failure, defeat, or criticism. When confronted by a failure to fulfill their high opinion of themselves, they can easily become enraged or severely depressed. Because they believe themselves to be superior in their relationships with other people, they expect to be admired and often suspect that others envy them. They believe they are entitled to having their needs met without waiting, so they exploit others, whose needs or beliefs they deem to be less important. Their behavior is usually offensive to others, who view them as being self-centered, arrogant, or selfish. This personality disorder typically occurs in high achievers, although it may also occur in people with few achievements.

2 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:07 pm

Guest


Guest
Hey, that was an accurate description of my mother in law, LOL

3 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:31 pm

SSC


Admin
LOL... I was thinking the same about mine !!!

4 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:50 pm

gypsy


Moderator
Mays Gilliam wrote:Hey, that was an accurate description of my mother in law, LOL

I was very lucky, I had a wonderful Mother in law, we became good friends, and my husband also claims to have had a good mother in law, my mother, we miss her so



Last edited by runawayhorses on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote background)

5 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Guest


Guest
To give you an impression:
I once asked my wife, who the boss in the house was,
she or her mother :-)

6 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:05 pm

SSC


Admin
My blessing is my Mother-in-law lives in New Orleans 35 wonderful miles away which I try not to travel but once a year.

7 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:44 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
SSC wrote:People with a narcissistic personality have a sense of superiority, a need for admiration, and a lack of empathy. They have an exaggerated belief in their own value or importance, which is what therapists call grandiosity. They may be extremely sensitive to failure, defeat, or criticism. When confronted by a failure to fulfill their high opinion of themselves, they can easily become enraged or severely depressed. Because they believe themselves to be superior in their relationships with other people, they expect to be admired and often suspect that others envy them. They believe they are entitled to having their needs met without waiting, so they exploit others, whose needs or beliefs they deem to be less important. Their behavior is usually offensive to others, who view them as being self-centered, arrogant, or selfish. This personality disorder typically occurs in high achievers, although it may also occur in people with few achievements.

really, gee i thought that was the way u feel when u enter walmart, lol , take care

8 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:30 pm

SSC


Admin
Toooo funny Rosco, I know the feeling you are talking about. lol!

9 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:09 pm

gypsy


Moderator
Mays Gilliam wrote:Hey, that was an accurate description of my mother in law, LOL

Mays do they have walmarts in your country? LOL

10 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:26 pm

SSC


Admin
You can bet any Wal-Mart will be in a union if Obama gets in.

11 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:12 am

Guest


Guest
SSC wrote:You can bet any Wal-Mart will be in a union if Obama gets in.

Will that piss off China if Wal-Mart does unionize?

12 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am

SSC


Admin
Hey Figi, glad to see you back posting...China would never go union, but it sure would be an end to the sweat box jobs they have there. I guess Wal-Mart just turns a deaf ear to the working conditions there just to get cheap products.

13 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am

rosco 357


Veteran
i took the grands to get some school cloths today at walmart, as i waited outside where they were trying on cloths, it had pages with labels,and tabs to lift and read, one was what to do if like a reporter aproached a employee and started asking questions, it said i think to not answer to send them to management, walmart is really on guard these days,u probably have seen this,it was on aol, walmart is instructing their employees to not vote for obama, really it was on aols news thing,

14 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:22 am

Guest


Guest
gypsy wrote:
Mays Gilliam wrote:Hey, that was an accurate description of my mother in law, LOL

Mays do they have walmarts in your country? LOL
No, we don t have them.

15 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:27 am

SSC


Admin
Rosco, I saw the article you are refering to , yes Wal-Mart is definiatly anti-Obama..he is so union gun-ho they already see the writing on the wall if he wins the election.There has been nation wide meetings of store managers preping them on the companies stand against Obama.

16 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:28 am

Guest


Guest
Hey Mays! You could save some money if you just shopped in China as everything in Wal-Mart comes from there!

17 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:17 am

Guest


Guest
FIGI wrote:Hey Mays! You could save some money if you just shopped in China as everything in Wal-Mart comes from there!
I suppose we are too arrrogant to buy Chinese stuff, because of fear for an inferior quality.
The situation you paint is unfamiliar for me.
And if they would tell me who I am supposed to vote for or against, I would never go there anyway.
That is something I dont understand: if you dont like Wallmart, don t go there and dont buy there - very simple solution.

18 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:20 am

Guest


Guest
Mays Gilliam wrote:
FIGI wrote:Hey Mays! You could save some money if you just shopped in China as everything in Wal-Mart comes from there!
I suppose we are too arrrogant to buy Chinese stuff, because of fear for an inferior quality.
The situation you paint is unfamiliar for me.
And if they would tell me who I am supposed to vote for or against, I would never go there anyway.
That is something I dont understand: if you dont like Wallmart, don t go there and dont buy there - very simple solution.

That is a simple solution and one I practice.

I think this came up before on here about Wal-Mart and shopping. I don't shop Wal-Mart unless there is no other place open to get something I have to have immediately. Wal-Mart stays open 24 hours.

I may pay a little more at the local grocery market for some things, but I NEVER buy food at Wal-Mart. I am not much for shopping for the heck of it anyway. I am too tight fisted ( )to go on shopping sprees just for entertainment. When I shop for my home, I shop online and have items shipped. For clothing items, I use a small private shop as I absolutely hate Malls!

19 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:30 am

gypsy


Moderator
I don't shop at wal mart either, unless absolutely necessary, i like the small grocery stores and pharmacies..it is hard to find american made things anywhere.. i buy online and catalogues that handle american made items

20 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:59 pm

Moose


Member
it doesn't describe my Mother-in-Law but it's a PERFECT fit for my Step-Bitch....err I mean Step-Mother.


---------------------- Signature ----------------------

Don't take life so seriously, loosen up and laugh once in a while.
bobrichardsa366@hotmail.com borich60 http://mooses-site.tripod.com/

21 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:27 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
Mays Gilliam wrote:
FIGI wrote:Hey Mays! You could save some money if you just shopped in China as everything in Wal-Mart comes from there!
I suppose we are too arrrogant to buy Chinese stuff, because of fear for an inferior quality.
The situation you paint is unfamiliar for me.
And if they would tell me who I am supposed to vote for or against, I would never go there anyway.
That is something I dont understand: if you dont like Wallmart, don t go there and dont buy there - very simple solution.
actually walmart here is about the only place to shop. i dont buy meat there,as i dont buy meat hardly at all, but as for china and as a machinist having machined part,since 1972 i notice quality, and i hate to say itl but china quality on many thing is excelent, i have expensive micrometers, but needed more larger ones , i was at a tool store here, i bought a set in a box one thru twelve inch micrometers from china, dirt cheep adn i cant find a thing wrong with them,, and i love the gas grill i bought at walmart, its the best gas grill i have ever bought, and it was from china, and i have had several models, i have a 22 rifle made in china, a direct copy of the thin browning model, and i find it great, .. i find china stuff better than what came out in japan so many years ago, and tawain stuff i did not like, i took my grandkids to walmart and bought them school cloths, ok i will hush loll...

22 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:33 pm

SSC


Admin
Have you been watching the Olympic opening ceremony ? It is the most elaborate I have ever seen, China certainly knows how to put on a show.

23 ps on the pharmacy on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:36 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
i use a local pharmacy as i dont like walmarts, the one i use i know the pll, and can call adn it has a drive thru, but walmart is trying to take away business, i pay 10 bucks for generic, walmart has a long list, our work posted it as to try to keep insurance premiums down, walmart has alot of those 10 buck insurace drugs for 4 bucks, but i still use one closer to teh house, it a family owned place,

24 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:39 pm

rosco 357


Veteran
SSC wrote:Have you been watching the Olympic opening ceremony ? It is the most elaborate I have ever seen, China certainly knows how to put on a show.
no i have not been home from the hospital very long, just time to showr and eat, my brother in law , the surgery went as expected, but the report on the lymph nodes and the class of cancer will come back tuesday afternoon, and will tell the story,,

25 Re: Narcissistic Personality on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:25 am

SSC


Admin
Keep us informed , my prayers to your family.

26 Re: Narcissistic Personality Today at 3:47 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum