You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:01 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
SSC wrote:The Skystream 3.7 wind generator connects directly to your home. When the wind is blowing, your home is powered (in part) by Skystream; when itís not, your home is seamlessly powered by your utility as usual. During periods of strong winds, Skystream can actually produce excess electricity. Depending on your utility, your meter could spin backwardsógiving you credit for a later date.

This sounds like it is right on the money for home savings , worth looking into....and a proper subject !!
i have heard of power whatever i forget, that if u produce power , more than u use, u sell it back to the power company,i think by federal law,the power co. has to buy it back, im not postive but pretty sure,, but what u said is the same thing, and probably the easiest way to handle it,,this may be old news to parts of the county, its not at the house here, but i got a letter from the power company at the lake which is on tva, and they told me they will be changing out meters, that can be read by remolt through the lines, so they will not need a meter reader, i just got that letter a couple days ago..take care
lol , well the statue of limitations is run out, so i will say and it was like 25 years ago, i made the one at the lake spin backward , we were at another place, on my uncles property, before he sold it,,i would read it on friday, take it out run it upside down till saturday afternoon then put it back in adn when we left on sunday, it was back where it was on friday,, but i was just a silly lad, lol,,the seal was cut but not by me,and hard to see unless u looked hard,

52 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:06 pm

SSC

Admin
I have heard of people doing that for years, of course if you get caught they take your meter out..lol...
I had a 62 ford Falcon when I was a kid, i was allowed to go to the show and straight home, yeahhh right we rode around all evening then went to a friends garage put the car on a lift in reverse and backed off the extra miles, the folks never caught on thank god Laughing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum