View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:57 am

gypsy

PickensPlan.com

I like this man and his ideas take a look

2 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:46 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Good one Gypsy. Here's the video on that page you left the 'link' to, which by the way doesn't have the "http: in it so its not clickable.

3 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:03 pm

gypsy

I forget to do that, Tyler, i think it is auto there i guess..

4 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:48 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
What do you mean "auto"? If you put you cursor in the top of your browser in the address bar and copy that link, it will have "http:// included in the address.

5 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:50 pm

gypsy

I looked i didn't see it, i had to add it~ but i am not computer whiz at all.

6 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:53 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Are you trying to tell me you can't see your address bar?

7 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:56 pm

gypsy

Isee the address bar, I typed in pickensplan.com it came up to what i wanted, the article did not have the http:// at the bottom,most time i have to add it..

8 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:02 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
You don't get the address at the bottom of the page, you go to the page that you want to copy the material from and copy the address that is in your address bar. Your address bar is at the top of your screen, every time you go to a different website or webpage the address changes. Your address bar is always showing what page your are on. Thats the link you want to copy, and it includes the http://

9 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:29 pm

gypsy

oh ok I always looked at the bottom. now i see

10 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:55 pm

SSC

Admin
I have found at times when you recieve a message listing a site the address is not included, maybe this is the problem

11 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:03 pm

gypsy

no that is not the case ..I saw it on TV

12 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:45 pm

runawayhorses

Owner
Well, when you leave a link to a site in an email or wherever, you usually include the entire URL which most always has http:// or www.
in it becuase it completes the address so its clickable to most emails, websites and forums, but you especially add it when you leave a link on a forum where its links are clickable. Not all forums are setup so the addresses are clickable, take IYT for example. but this one is. So if you simply copy the address from your address bar it will be clickable when you paste it into your message becuase it already has the necessary http:// or www. to make it clickable . Gypsy apparently didn't know about the address bar always has the link to the page you are on, and after all that is the page you want your link to send people to. But if she wrote it down from watching TV and then typed it into the address bar when she went online, then all you would need to do then is copy the address in your address bar when you got there.

Unless you know how to make a hyper link like this which includes coding to make it work, you'll need the http:// or www. showing in the address for it to be clickable. This hyper link has the http:// in it but you can't see it becuase I'm using html coding, and that's embedded so you can't see it, its also the building blocks of page building, and it makes this link clickable.

PickensPlan.com

13 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:28 pm

gypsy

ok thanks Tyler will be more watchful ~:)

14 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:07 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
was a good vidio,gypsy, we all knew the wind was in texas,wink lol, teasing,
as u know the administration has lifted where to drill for oil , what this vidio says is true and great, i would also like to see us use more of our own oil and less forgiegn oil, i know it will take years, we should have started years ago, i blame it on many things, pittyful foresight, worries of the ecology, ( which does not pan out) what we drill now is safe, not a drop spilled in katrina off shore. the new tech, we have to get the oil from shale rock in the rockies and we dont have to be anywhere close to parks etc, the rockys are huge, i heard ppl say we have oil capped in the gulf, well i finallly heard a reason on the radio, i assume this man knows his business, he stated the only oil wells that were capped were wells we had no way yet to get the oil to market, that it takes time to run pipe lines etc, SO where is the hang up, ITS IN CONGRESS, everyone else is set to get the oil we have, but congress balks, it is frustrating to me, i do not want to be held hostage by any other country, i know this will take time but the sooner we start the sooner we can become independent, just in the oil shale, we have many times over the amount of oil in saudi arabia.. but we delay, congress has so many excuses it amazes me. that vidio is great, we need all forms of energy we have, wow i have not seen a man standing next to one of those wind props, big huh?? im not sure, if this is the man that i saw on the news, the oil man that is planing on the wind thing, he was an older man as this one, but i guess it does not matter, but there was a story on the tv news by a oil rich man planning on building huge field of wind turbines in texas a few days ago. the tv new pointed out he was an oil man doing something good for the country in a different way, i know its not the total answer, we need many things, i just wish congress would do as the administration, turn it all loose, even if its years away, it has been stated the price of oil will drop. from the news, maybe the speculators , i dont know, they did say just bush opening up drilling off the coast caused some price drop,,,, i dont know obama view on getting oil from new places, only obama and macain are against anwar, macain is for atlantic shelf, obama is against it, i pray he changes his mind, take care,,

15 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:51 pm

T-Bone has been around a LOOOONG time. He is no garage-guru., but a multibillionaire. Listen. When you see that burning pipe at every drill site, that's methane; natural gas. It has the same 3000 BTU/pound as gasoline and deisel and yet we burn it as waste. It can be stored and transported at moderate pressures. Get the picture?

16 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:24 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
yes marc, and as i have said in the 5 miles of woods i drive to a highway from my house , they are building roads into the wood with many entrances along the way, nice roads, with gates, and where i live is an area that was once a coal deep mining gold field, so they are in those woods now to drill for natural gas, i think they know its there, i will ask my son in law, he was raised here and knows everyone, and knows it all, as son in laws do, lol, take care marc, i know what u mean on ur post, take care

17 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:11 pm

SSC

Admin
I have a friend who over sees crews installing the wind turbines from Calif. to Texas, it is a very lucrative business and does seem to help on a small scale, he has been doing this for years , it isn't something new.

18 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:20 pm

rosco 357

Veteran
SSC wrote:I have a friend who over sees crews installing the wind turbines from Calif. to Texas, it is a very lucrative business and does seem to help on a small scale, he has been doing this for years , it isn't something new.
oh sure i have seen those for years, and i know like i said it not the holy grail, just a local help,,,

19 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:40 pm

gypsy

it would more than local.. Holy Grail ?700billion a year is to me like holy Grail~
maybe u should listen to the video also.. 700+ out of a thousand people own carsin America, in China 44 out of a thousand own cars so we consume a lot of vehicle gas as i said I like this Pickens man~

20 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:57 pm

gypsy

rosco 357 wrote:was a good vidio,gypsy, we all knew the wind was in texas,wink lol, teasing,
as u know the administration has lifted where to drill for oil , what this vidio says is true and great, i would also like to see us use more of our own oil and less forgiegn oil, i know it will take years, we should have started years ago, i blame it on many things, pittyful foresight, worries of the ecology, ( which does not pan out) what we drill now is safe, not a drop spilled in katrina off shore. the new tech, we have to get the oil from shale rock in the rockies and we dont have to be anywhere close to parks etc, the rockys are huge, i heard ppl say we have oil capped in the gulf, well i finallly heard a reason on the radio, i assume this man knows his business, he stated the only oil wells that were capped were wells we had no way yet to get the oil to market, that it takes time to run pipe lines etc, SO where is the hang up, ITS IN CONGRESS, everyone else is set to get the oil we have, but congress balks, it is frustrating to me, i do not want to be held hostage by any other country, i know this will take time but the sooner we start the sooner we can become independent, just in the oil shale, we have many times over the amount of oil in saudi arabia.. but we delay, congress has so many excuses it amazes me. that vidio is great, we need all forms of energy we have, wow i have not seen a man standing next to one of those wind props, big huh?? im not sure, if this is the man that i saw on the news, the oil man that is planing on the wind thing, he was an older man as this one, but i guess it does not matter, but there was a story on the tv news by a oil rich man planning on building huge field of wind turbines in texas a few days ago. the tv new pointed out he was an oil man doing something good for the country in a different way, i know its not the total answer, we need many things, i just wish congress would do as the administration, turn it all loose, even if its years away, it has been stated the price of oil will drop. from the news, maybe the speculators , i dont know, they did say just bush opening up drilling off the coast caused some price drop,,,, i dont know obama view on getting oil from new places, only obama and macain are against anwar, macain is for atlantic shelf, obama is against it, i pray he changes his mind, take care,,

redrilling in new areas would not solve the problem, it would be a temporary fix, new ways are the only answer, not more oil we need to break our dependency on oil, but ur right on new drilling till we can solve this problem

21 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:01 pm

SSC

Admin
He has a good plan , now lets see if it turns out long range...I just watched a feature on the weather channel about the increase in the green house effect from farmers growing corn for ethanol, to the rate of 20% more damage than gasoline production..

22 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14 pm

gypsy

what about our landfills methen gas galore!! right?

23 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:19 pm

SSC

Admin
there is an add on TV some cleaning product that has a plant next to a dump, they are piping methene and powering the whole plant, in Deland Florida they are in the process of using the methene from old garbage dumps, it is just piped to the surface now.

24 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:24 pm

gypsy

what has alreADY BEEN SPENT ON THE WAR, WOULD HAVE PAID FOR A NEW ALTERNATIVE..OR DEVELOPED A NEW REFINERY FOR WHAT OIL WE HAVE HERE THAT NEEDS Pumped and refined.

25 Re: Oil Man with a plan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:21 pm

gypsy wrote:what about our landfills methen gas galore!! right?
An excellent idea now starting to be employed.

26 Re: Oil Man with a plan Today at 5:26 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum